Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bradner Cup Bradner Cup 2010/11

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It also looks like ND div1 and ND prem will face each other in round2 if they both win in round1.

Yes it is a bit unfortunate especially considering we have 3 or 4 guys playing down in div.1 that are actually call-ups for the weekend. I don't see it doing anything good for the club but what can you do. Bit of a lose lose for the premier side.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Surrey FC 5, Poco Dominion 0.

Poco played 90 minutes with 10 men for 90 minutes - two of which were 50+. The game moving from Sunday to Saturday crippled us for numbers.

Nuff said about the game.

South Surrey is not a bad side and the game was played in good spirits - but the ref was a whack job. He actually abandoned the game around the 87th minute when he tried to eject a Poco spectator (for what, we're still not quite sure). For awhile, we didn't know who he was pointing at. When he eventually pointed at the shy, quiet girlfriend of one of our injured players, he lost all credibility. We tried to ask why she was being kicked out. He said, "If she doesn't leave, I'm leaving." After about 30 seconds, he made good on his threat and left. Both teams were shaking their heads at the imbecile. After he had run over and grabbed the flags and was leaving the pitch to a chorus of taunts from many on the park, he ran back on to show a red card to our keeper who simply called him "crazy." It was one of the strangest situations I have ever seen on a soccer pitch. Totally self-inflicted by the ref as well.

This guy shouldn't be refereeing men's soccer. He's a nutbar.

For those that know me, you also know that I am a referee and never, ever bash them publicly. They get enough crap during the 90 minutes they have to put up with us lot. But the display put on by this guy who thought he was the show last night was appalling and deserved to be heard.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always knew eventually it would be posted here on TTP but I'm surprised it was you FM to be the one to call WhistleBlower out.

:)

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey we had the same ref on Friday and he did a good job

That's a bit surprising, really. Honestly though, other than the Final Moments Meltdown, he wasn't the worst we'd ever had. He was making some strange calls and there was odd behaviour on his part, but nothing unheard of. He kept up with the play well and was always in good position to make calls and such. It was the abandonement based on virtually nothing that has me questioning his skill level. It looks as if he didn't even report the abandonement if you look at the FVSL schedules page.

Anyway, enough said by me on this. It's over. We lost and that fact had nothing to do with refereeing.:(

90 MIN

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
FM your assesment of the game was bang on, South Surrey were up early and did not look back, a little loose in the second half but not in any real danger. Full credit to all your guys as you kept playing hard till the end..........

Or what that guy running around the pitch telling fans to be quiet or he would be going home considered the end. I have actually seen this guy request removal of people from the sidelines before.:confused:

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pomo Gunners U21 5 SFC Impact 2

Two OG's from Surrey put this one out of reach... Game was played in pretty good spirits. Gotta love showing up to a cup game against Surrey and having the guy in the middle wearing his "Surrey Men's Soccer" jacket the whole time. Not saying the reffing was bias, but FFS man! Think about it! Yeesh, there was some puzzling calls both ways, but all in all didn't have any influence on the scoreline.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Junction are u playing u21? Watching the mission "b" vs peach arch masters game. So far it's 1-1 and all I Gotta say is the winner of this game is in rough against the nomads, I'd say at least 5 goals and at least being an understatement.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Junction are u playing u21? Watching the mission "b" vs peach arch masters game. So far it's 1-1 and all I Gotta say is the winner of this game is in rough against the nomads, I'd say at least 5 goals and at least being an understatement.

Nomads losing right now to BC United.....they will be very hungry for a beating

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

No, but we practice with the guys. I was out to watch and support.

Gunner Nation! ... Is the Impact some sort of feeder team for SFC Guilford (D1)? I noticed a couple of guys that I thought I recognized from JB's labour day weekend tournament that had been playin with Guilford...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So was that the Mission/PAU M final, 2-1? At least we'll be able to get a mid-week field time since we train with them. Would have liked to play a different team but good on our masters side for beating a bunch of young 'uns.

Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bradner Cup Lions/aldy

WOW,..... Bad official,... I know this guy, he is always up for handing out a couple of cards a game and he was not halted from doing so last night,... He gave our (Aldy) keeper a yellow for saying "fcuk off" to the forward that was trying to get the ball out of his hands after going up for a kick-run ball that was well inside the 18, it was an easy grab for him and the forward had no chance, was just being cheeky, so keeps was just letting him know that kinda stuff wouldnt be tolerated... Card for language IMO is always a lame card to take, our forward from last season can attest to that... There were many more mistakes and miss calls made but he is bound to take more flak from other teams in the future so I'll leave it at that one stupid card.

Lions are a good mix of young and old,... and what a fan base! They will be a div 2 team next year with more coaching and cohesion between the lines. Some dirt on free kicks but we shouldnt get sucked into those kinda things, if we just stayed on our game it would have been a lot less interesting to say the least.

In the end 2-1 Aldy after PK's, a VERY spirited bunch, they will do well in div 3 and should easily go up to div 2 next year.

STASHER

Apr 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey we had the same ref on Friday and he did a good job

Well said. Yes He looks like Harry Potter's stunt double. Yes He Run's a little light in the loafers, Yes he blew well into the whistle and had good 10 yard "stand-off posture" but in all honestly very amateur and if he is going to last in "Men's " league he has to adjust his disciplinary and body language! THOUGHTS???

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Second round and schedule, this was as nice as I could for a copy and paste.

Code:
1 Aldergrove Utd  LUFC Clones  Sth Aldergrove Park Sun 2pm  
2 Poco Royals FC  GEU Titans  Pioneer School Park Sun 2pm  
3 North Delta SC Royals  LUFC Wolves  Pinewood School Park Sun 10am  
4 SFC Guildford  Poco Rovers FC  Newton TURF #1 (NEW) Sat 6pm  
5 Sentinel FC  Pique Fc  Cloverdale TURF #1 Sat 6pm  
6 GEU Pumas  Surrey Bullets  Hammond Park Sun 2pm  
7 Chilliwack Mission Utd  Peace Arch Utd 'B'  Mission Sportsplex Fri 7.30pm  
8 GEU Strikers  LUFC Dynamo  Westview TURF  Sat 6pm  
9 Peace Arch Dragons  Stolo Utd  King George TURF Sat 8pm  
10 North Delta SC C  Surrey Coyotes 'A'  Wade Park Sun Noon  
11 South Surrey FC  North Delta SC 'A'  South Surrey Ath TURF #9 Sat 8.30pm  
12 Cloverdale FC  DFC Celtic  Cloverdale TURF #3 Sun 8pm  
13 Aldergrove Players  North Delta SC 'B'  Jackman Park Sun Noon  
14 LUFC All Blacks  SFC Rangers  Willoughby TURF WEST Fri 9pm  
15 Peace Arch Utd  White Rock Utd  Sth Surrey Athletic Park #6 Sun 10am  
16 Poco Revolution FC  Port Moody Gunners  Gates TURF Sat 5pm  
17 GEU Inter  Surrey Storm  Westview TURF Sat 8pm  
18 Peace Arch Nomads  Peace Arch FC  Sth Surrey Ath TURF #9 Sat 6.30pm  
19 White Rock Utd  Fraser Valley Red Devils  Sth Surrey Ath TURF #10 Sun 8.30pm  
20 SFC Caps  North Delta SC Titans  Newton TURF #3 (2) Fri 8.30pm  
21 SFC Caps  Fraser Valley Athletic  Newton TURF #4 (1) Fri 8.30pm  
22 LUFC Knights  Athletic Club BC 'B'  Willoughby TURF EAST Sat 7pm  
23 Coquitlam MF Titans  LUFC Athletics  Charles Best TURF Sun 8pm  
24 Abbotsford Brickmen FC  Rogue Athletic Club  Kilguard Park Sun Noon  
25 Poco Rockets  BC United 'A'  Gates TURF Sat 3pm  
26 Aldergrove Utd  Aldergrove Utd B  Jackman Park Sun 10am  
27 DFC Razorbacks  Delta Utd  Pitt Athletic Park #1 Sat 2pm  
28 Poco Castilians FC  GEU Thunder  Gates TURF Fri 9pm  
29 Abbotsford Utd SC  Mission Athletic FC 'A'  Mouat TURF Sat 6pm  
30 LUFC Young Guns  Port Moody Gunners  Willoughby TURF WEST Sat 7pm  
31 GEU Phoenix  TWU Titans  Rotary TURF Sat 7pm  
32 NDSC United Alumni 'A'  Abbotsford Arsenal  Dennis Elsom TURF Fri 9pm

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
After looking through the matchups there's nothing that really intrigues me, hopefully the round of 16 will hold some better prospects.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0