Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Booby Luo Trade Request

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word on the street is that Luongo asked Gillis for a trade the other day and that he'll provide a list of teams shortly.

A little surreal, especially if he lands in Chicago - could you imagine?

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
AH rumors.........I'll shall wait until proof to make judgement. it is however unfortunate that this city has a good hockey team and crappy fans. The guy owns almost every goalie record in Vancouver, yet he is run out of town. well done band wagon faithful. in the words of danica patrick, stupid idiots.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bottom line is that he is the best goalie the Vancouver Canucks have ever had..........but............he fukced up last season... Last year was the year and he didn't win a cup...The 8-1 loss in the final is the worst of all time. When he was on he was the best, when he was off he was a joke.

I was a huge Bertuzzi fan, I remember how happy I was to get Luongo for him, seemed like the stanley cup was finally going to be ours. Well it didn't happen and now he will never get the respect he deserves here. No one even gave a shite about these playoffs. Time to move on and win a cup with another team hahahah. Praying he ends up in toronto

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The sad truth to this is Luo knows he needs to play somewhere else if he ever hopes to win a cup......

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure how Canucks overlook the rest of the team and throw the blame on Lou! Half of the time he's left out to dry. Lou is the best Canuck goalie ever! Not Mclean! Lou! Mclean is known for the one run in 94 but go back and see how many weak goals he let in. I think it was wrong to run Lou out of town. Schneider is a great young goalie and I guess we'll see next year how he holds up playing 60+ game plus playoffs. Is he ready for it? Time will tell...stay tuned. I hope Lou goes somewhere and wins the cup and throw it in the Canucks fans faces. Hopefully, Yzerman scoops him up!!

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's so funny seeing leaf fans saying we have to GIVE lou to them because of his contract. I would actually consider trading
Schides as you would get at least one star for him. Why would we just salary dump lou? The other scenario is that we keep
them both for another year. It's no coincidence that we have won presidents trophies back to back with those two in net.
I almost feel sorry for Gillis. :)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks can get for Luongo only a player who has a monster contract somewhere else and is not playing well (in other words, somebody wants to dump him and his contract). So, do not count on getting some big names (i.e. Nash) because the good ones will not be offered for a trade and even if they are Luongo may not want to go that team (again, Nash and Columbus).

Are the owners going to ask Gillis what he was smoking when he signed that contract with Luongo? Hi signed with Luongo a 12-year,$64 mil. contract just 2.5 years ago! A lot of people were pointing out at that time that it was risky deal and it proved quickly to be true. If a GM makes such a big mistake then his job should be the first one questioned. He also made some questionable trades which did not work out. Does anybody have information how many players Gillis has that could count as his (the ones he brought to the club)? How many players are signed by previous management? It does not look to me that he has done any move that would be considered great. On the contrary! So, Canucks should be really looking for a new GM first!

Alain Vigneault may be the good coach but he had his chance. Time to look for somebody else. This group has been together for years, last year obviously was the chance to win the Cup, they did not do it, this year's play-off was a pathetic try to repeat last year, so some serious changes should be made in this off season.

Schneider will be better off if he goes somewhere else. Why would he really stay in Vancouver (lets put aside a fact that is RFA not UFA)? Let's see what happens now. Schneider and his agent are not idiots and they will be looking for some big bucks. Once he starts making that kind of money, playing around 60 games in a season, eventually making some mistakes, it will be interesting to see how long until he gets on a "hate list".

After all, it looks to me that Canucks will have a problem trading Luongo (monster contract, almost 10 years remaining, quite big cap hit) so I would not be surprised if we see suddenly a "change in direction", going back to Luongo, trading Schneider.

No matter what, Gills has made a huge mistake signing that contract with Luongo so Gillis should be the first one to go and Vigneault right after him.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So let me get this straight...

MG didn't make any good moves to create a good team so he should go.

AV didn't take a good team to the promised land so he should go.

Anything else?

Canucks can get for Luongo only a player who has a monster contract somewhere else and is not playing well (in other words, somebody wants to dump him and his contract). So, do not count on getting some big names (i.e. Nash) because the good ones will not be offered for a trade and even if they are Luongo may not want to go that team (again, Nash and Columbus).

Are the owners going to ask Gillis what he was smoking when he signed that contract with Luongo? Hi signed with Luongo a 12-year,$64 mil. contract just 2.5 years ago! A lot of people were pointing out at that time that it was risky deal and it proved quickly to be true. If a GM makes such a big mistake then his job should be the first one questioned. He also made some questionable trades which did not work out. Does anybody have information how many players Gillis has that could count as his (the ones he brought to the club)? How many players are signed by previous management? It does not look to me that he has done any move that would be considered great. On the contrary! So, Canucks should be really looking for a new GM first!

Alain Vigneault may be the good coach but he had his chance. Time to look for somebody else. This group has been together for years, last year obviously was the chance to win the Cup, they did not do it, this year's play-off was a pathetic try to repeat last year, so some serious changes should be made in this off season.

Schneider will be better off if he goes somewhere else. Why would he really stay in Vancouver (lets put aside a fact that is RFA not UFA)? Let's see what happens now. Schneider and his agent are not idiots and they will be looking for some big bucks. Once he starts making that kind of money, playing around 60 games in a season, eventually making some mistakes, it will be interesting to see how long until he gets on a "hate list".

After all, it looks to me that Canucks will have a problem trading Luongo (monster contract, almost 10 years remaining, quite big cap hit) so I would not be surprised if we see suddenly a "change in direction", going back to Luongo, trading Schneider.

No matter what, Gills has made a huge mistake signing that contract with Luongo so Gillis should be the first one to go and Vigneault right after him.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions...

Canucks, the team as it stands now, their winning window is closing. Gillis chances to win as GM window is closing.

Gillis told Lou to take a deep breath and relax this week, Im sure of it. Lou Stays is my call. He's still in his prime and a proven winner. Schneider goes, he's the hot asset and much easier to move. The Schneider trade "should" bring the team some of what it needs. Maybe a few smaller trades/pick ups here and there. AV gets the boot and that's how Gillis swings the recent play-off slap to the face... by throwing AV under the bus.

What is the point of having assets as a GM if you don't use them? He's got to be feeling the heat now. Also, Eddie Lack is/should be or very close to becoming a NHL ready back up. Lou got the deal becuase hes good and they planned to have him around for a long while.

that's my call and I'm sticking to it.

Toss around all the numbers you want, this makes sense.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does everyone think Luo gets u nothing in return? At least a handful of teams Need a goalie like him. Regardless of what u think of Luongo, what ever team he goes to he turns them into a playoff contender. And with some of the Dumbass gm's out there i think one would be suprised with what we get in return.

I want Luo out not because he is a bad goalie but because we have a better one. Trading Luo Balances what we need now with what we need in the next few years. Its a business decision (fabricated by management) they knew what they were doing when they started Schnieds in game 4. The plan executed now time to move on. We really dont give The canuck brass enoygh credit to how smart they really are..

You cant have it both ways but the way the canucks are doing it i believe is the right way.. They are competitive now. will be competitive in the near future and for years to follow after that. the other way is to have a couple good years and end up like Toronto/Edmonton ect... and suffer through the rebuilding years. Gillis has always said he follows the Detroit model and this falls in line with that.

Regardless its gonna be an exciting off season.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
So let me get this straight...

MG didn't make any good moves to create a good team so he should go.

AV didn't take a good team to the promised land so he should go.

Anything else?

The next step would be up to the new GM and a coach.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can people get one thing staight, Luongo's contract has 10 years left for official (CAP RELIEF) reasons only. When you look at the numbers for what a team will have to pay Loungo if they aquire him the actual number are:

6 years at 6,714,000 so just over 40 million for six years and his cap hit is 5,333,333
He will be 39 years old in six years, that is younger or same as Thomas who makes 5 million next year.
If Luongo decided to play the seventh year he will be making somewhere around three million but I very much doubt he is going to play the seventh year unless he is still competitive, which will mean someone is getting a hell of a deal.

Luongo carried an average team to the North West division title in his first year here and into the second round of the playoffs. First round he was great in a battle of goalies against Turco and in the second round he played really well and lost to the eventual Stanley cup champs.

I wish people would stop saying Schnieder is better and a future Viezna winner until he proves himself as a starter and has done it for 5 years. Will he be good? Probably is Luongo good? Yes. That's the difference.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What has Gillis done?

Start with signing players like the Sedins for less than market value.
Created a competitive enviroment that has won 2 president trophies and made 1 cup final in his three years.

How many teams have done better in the last 3 years? Boston, Chicago, Detroit. So that means he has done the fourth best job out of 30 GM's. Not bad.

Has he made mistakes sure but a lot of GM's have made mistakes over the last three years. Brian Burke come to mind.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does everyone think Luo gets u nothing in return? At least a handful of teams Need a goalie like him. Regardless of what u think of Luongo, what ever team he goes to he turns them into a playoff contender. And with some of the Dumbass gm's out there i think one would be suprised with what we get in return.

I want Luo out not because he is a bad goalie but because we have a better one. Trading Luo Balances what we need now with what we need in the next few years. Its a business decision (fabricated by management) they knew what they were doing when they started Schnieds in game 4. The plan executed now time to move on. We really dont give The canuck brass enoygh credit to how smart they really are..

You cant have it both ways but the way the canucks are doing it i believe is the right way.. They are competitive now. will be competitive in the near future and for years to follow after that. the other way is to have a couple good years and end up like Toronto/Edmonton ect... and suffer through the rebuilding years. Gillis has always said he follows the Detroit model and this falls in line with that.

Regardless its gonna be an exciting off season.

We have a better opinion then Luo? You mean Schniedes a guy who hasnt played more then 30 games at the nhl level in a year....the guy who has won 1-4 playoff games???

Trading Luo is stirring the pot of failure...mark my words.

Hope if they trade him its to Toronto...Cant wait to get my Luo jersey and wear it proudly!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I figure there are 11 teams who at the very least will kick the tires on Luongo's availability and the asking price. The ones in bold are far more likely destinations:

Florida, Tampa Bay, New Jersey, Philly, Toronto, Columbus, Chicago (he will never play there), San Jose (They are not happy with Niemi), Calgary, Colorado & Edmonton.

Gillis will try and keep him in the east as he will steal points for whoever he plays for.

Because interest in a gold medal winning, two-time vezina nominee with a decent cap hit ($5.3 million is not out of line for someone with that history) will be relatively high, some GM (whose names rhyme with Flyin Quirk) will likely offer waaaay too much in order to try and get into the playoffs and save his job. I give you exhibit A - Phil Kessel

The short term and selective memory of large amounts of Canuck fans is disheartening. Does anyone remember that after game#2 of the finals, Luongo was the likely winner of the Conn Smythe trophy last season? Yes, I know Kesler had an amazing series against Nashville and Bieksa was playing way over his head, but Luongo stole the last 2 games against San Jose. He also outduelled Pekka Rinne in round 2. Why so many people think he sucks is beyond me.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have a better opinion then Luo? You mean Schniedes a guy who hasnt played more then 30 games at the nhl level in a year....the guy who has won 1-4 playoff games???

Trading Luo is stirring the pot of failure...mark my words.

Hope if they trade him its to Toronto...Cant wait to get my Luo jersey and wear it proudly!

Its that kind of mentality and train of thought that will keep u as a sandwich artist the rest of your life.

No business sense. Again this is more a business than hockey trade.

You act like the canucks just stumbled upon schnieder this year. He has been in the system for 6 years now. Stick to what your good at. Let Gillis do whats right and u can keep me updated when a wrestler dies.. LOL

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0