Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCSPL - Metro League for U-13 player?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8708
  • Start date

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My son has just come through these evals for BCHPL and Metro spots for U13. One thing I've noticed with many parents is how out to lunch they are with respect to their kids ability amongst his peers. They think their kid is getting robbed when he doesn't make the team or doesn't play enough minutes. Clueless and they definitely pass this message down to their child which he absorbs and buys into.

I see kids who have good skill but all they do is dribble into traffic and cough the ball. Zero awareness. Daddy thinks they are amazing because they dribble well. Drives me bananas.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also think the playing requirement for coaches at this level goes from 50% at club to 30% at Metro/BCHPL so the coaches aren't forced to play little Johnny at least half a game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't think there was a playing time requirement after house.

I coach house. Until my daughter shows ability and desire to play higher, I will continue to coach house. The girls we do send on, we prepare them by telling them that playing time is not assured, and that they will need to fight for the time in, ghasp- training! We also tell them that when they get their chance, they need to be ready, and need to play with an edge, not safe.

We've had a couple come back over the years, mainly because of the PT issue...but their parents are under no illusion that it was bad coaching. In my two kids coming back down, it was simply the speed of the game and competitiveness was too much. House suited their daughter better.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0