Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball Playoffs 2003

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely, others have been interested in this year's playoffs. They have had everything and more. I'm not a huge baseball fan but this has been intriguing. The kid who interfered with Moises Alou yesterday had to have his phone number changed by 8:00 am this morning and there have been t.v./news crews around his house 24/7. He better hope the Cubs pull this game out...I see they are rallying right now in the 2nd inning after falling behind 3-0. Now it is 3 - 1......

How about the Yanks/Boston series? Zimmer being thrown to the ground by Martinez. Late inning heroics by Boston today and forcing a game 7. Anyone else following? BTW, if there is another thread for this, I couldn't find it. Sorry.

Captain

Are you kidding me? Kerry Wood with a 2-run shot and a home-run trot immediately after it left the bat. Great stuff. Go Cubs.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was watching when that 26 year-old consultant and lil league coach (I think his name is Bartman) palmed that foul ball out of Allou's glove.

I could clearly hear Allou calling for the ball. Then again fcukwit had a walkman on and probably wouldn't have heard him.

The commentators were slagging the hell out of him until they realized they may have been inciting the viewers to lynch the guy.

Allou just knocked won out of the park to give the Cubbies a 2 run lead.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beauty HR!!!

Nice to see a pitcher crank one out. Especially after giving up 3 in the first and getting his team back in the game. What a hit!

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not a huge baseball fan

Really? I could have sworn you bled Dodger Blue or at least wore your Yankee pinstripe pajamas to bed.

I agree with you though Captain, the playoffs have been excellent. You can't ask for more than two game 7's. It seems that the baseball playoffs are entertaining year after year, perhaps they should shorten the freaking season so non die hard fans wouldn't be bored out of their minds for april, may, june, july and august.

Go Cubs. Go Red Sox.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Sox/Yankees...............Game#7.......Roger/Pedro........that's what sports is all about....should be great.

Sandman:)

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes this game will be something to see. Too bad though it wasn't a NL game so Clemens and Pedro would have to bat. Guarenteed one of them if not both would be getting a heater up and in. Should be crazy nonetheless. Hate both teams but year after year "Rocket" Roger comes up with something special when it is needed.

I predict the curse of the Bambino continues.

Parkhead

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Game

This years playoffs just get better and better. Today's game seven had everything in it. But the curse continues for the Sox. What a shame.:rolleyes: Yankees vs Marlins in world series. Hate the Yankees so have to go for the fish to continue to pull off the upsets.

As much as I can't stand to watch Baseball. When the playoffs come around I always end up watching because the games are so good. This year is no different. Something has to be said about their playoff formula. Only 8 teams make the playoffs therefore the best teams are there and you get exciting games. I am not saying that round one of the playoffs in hockey is boring but the playoffs seem to just go on and on. Imagine if only the top four in each conference made the playoffs!

Parkhead

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
we are on Game 5

and not much discussing going on....
is it becuase we could not give a fcuk about baseball?
Or is it because the Canucks are more of a priority?

I will be in Yankee stadium for game 6, look for my TTP sign.
Free membership Regs?

canadian, eh

Zaurrini

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate the Yankees like I hate the Leafs.

Great series so far, too bad Mckeon is an idiot and keeps pitching Dontrelle(WHat's a strike zone) WIllis. NOw a best of 3 series, looking like 7 games is a good bet. The Cnuting Yankees are probably gonna win and make my life more miserable than Walks at a Kenny Rogers Convention.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all a fix.............I can see it now..............Rocket Roger is going to come out of the bull pen in relief at the end of Game #7 and win it at Yankee Stadium.........it will be his storybook ending

Sandman

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman,

Was just saying that exact same thing last while watching his post game interviews................

Does anyone think that the closer for the Marlins (fcuk what is his name) will be replaced???????? Hasn't got it done yet and he looked like he has was done mentally after he gave up the runs last night.

John

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
World Shocker

This series is about which closer can blow a lead first.
Usually it's Florida like last night but the squeaked out a win with a roped shot to left.

Has there ever been this many bad coaching decisions on pitchers in the Major league playoffs before?
Or is it just Florida every time because they have no pitching

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two thoughts after watching the post-game celebrations:

1) Joe Torre is the classiest guy in baseball

2) Someone in the Marlins organization was taking the piss with the retarded midget having a seizure.....while Selig was handing Beckett the MVP trophy.

Buckfast

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awesome.

Couldnt cheer aloud,

might not have maded outta the Bronx.

But, it was great to see the Yankee fans literally cry after the game.

I didnt see it, but reports came in that the owner of the Marlins slide home plate....talk about TTP!

Marlins have never lost a post-season series....unbelievable.

Pictures will come tomorrow....NEED sleep

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0