Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A New Low? Poor Tony..

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tim Thomas skips whitehouse interview because of political views. where do they find these people.

Bruins MVP Tim Thomas skips Obama White House event; why he shouldn

I finally got around to reading up on the matter and I side with Thomas completely.

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

If nobody does anything then nothing gets done. Respect to TT for having the balls to stand up for what he believes in. Government as it is run today is nothing but a wolf in sheep's clothing. Reminds me of good old Michael Corleone in the Godfather...

Michael: My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.
Kay Adams: Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.
Michael: Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
now that I have read his actual statement I do agree with his choice. However he stood on his head and won the cup for the bruins, therefore he is still a back of dicks.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I respect his rights, and even on some level admire his courage.

BUT, I think that there are a lot of ways to be courageous, and a lot of things he could have done in the public spotlight to get the same message across in a positive way. In fact, although I respect his courage, I'd challenge him to actually back those words up with real action, which I doubt he has the will or even motivation to do. He's no different than any one of the movie stars today who made grand statements about their issue but don't actually do anything. Some do, but most don't.

Thus, for me, he comes off as a total douchebag with this move. What he did was disrespectful to his employers, the league, his fans, and most important, his teammates. I thought Schneider's comments were outstanding...maybe TT should check himself and remember that it is the American system that gives him the fame, money, and platform to make such a statement and express his right. More important, maybe he should remember that he had teammates and an organization behind him that helped him get to the top pedestal.

I respect his rights, and am always open to hearing people express them in a safe, non-violent way..that being said, I don't have to like the way he did it, or even the message itself. I don't mind the message, but the execution, I have a HUGE problem with that. The right to free speech and free thinking is a two way street...so more than ever, TT has now proven to me what a classless douche he really is.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, who is it you're so chummy with in the Boston room? Its Boston management that aren't happy, not his teammates... well done being sucked into the vortex that is the Canadian (read: anti-Bruins) media...

The Boston media generally have his back. Oh, except for that idiot vag who last wrote about the Bruins in the summer when Milan had that "do you know who I am" incident with the Boston po po... Between now and then she's been writing about flowers, vacations, and how shitty a lay akslop is.

As for Schnieder, he basically said Thomas should stick to hockey by himself not sticking to hockey... just another hypocritical ass-clown Canuck, nothing to see here...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, who is it you're so chummy with in the Boston room? Its Boston management that aren't happy, not his teammates... well done being sucked into the vortex that is the Canadian (read: anti-Bruins) media...

The Boston media generally have his back. Oh, except for that idiot vag who last wrote about the Bruins in the summer when Milan had that "do you know who I am" incident with the Boston po po... Between now and then she's been writing about flowers, vacations, and how shitty a lay akslop is.

As for Schnieder, he basically said Thomas should stick to hockey by himself not sticking to hockey... just another hypocritical ass-clown Canuck, nothing to see here...

Akslop is what i shoot on your old ladies Boobies.. Let me paint the Picture in your head . Big Baffoon wearing only a Burrows #14 Canucks Jersey putting Mayo his sandwich.
OHHHHHHHHHHH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You can clean up the mess!

I aint no Luongo pumping tires here junior. Im pumping the wives of Bruin fans all over and i mean "all over" !

I have the video if u wanna pull your goalie before bed.. Perhaps this quells your obsession for AKSLOP

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Everything I said was stuff I read on the Boston Herald website or ESPN Boston, so it's actually not typical Vancouver reporting. Unless they're using our reporters now which I doubt. How was Schneider being hypocritical?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What baffles me is this...people seem to think it's OK to justify his classless act by standing behind freedom of speech. I don't care what team he's from. If it were a Canuck- any Canuck- and they were as disrespectful to any Prime Minister- and PM- on a visit to Ottawa, I'd have the same stance.

Again, there are a lot of ways to practice freedom of speech, and voice your political opinions, in ways that are both productive and in ways that will garner peoples respect for your message. I have no problem with his message, and in a lot of cases agree wholeheartedly with him, but I have a huge problem with the method of delivery. He blew it with me, and I'm sure a lot of fans who otherwise may agree with him.

Why would anyone want to align themselves with this guy?

mtkb: question for you, and answer honestly now...would you take the same stance if, say the 'Nucks won the Cup (I know, I know...just play pretend for a bit), and Alex Burrows decided to skip a visit to the Prime Minister, and gave his reason as a political protest of some sort? Would you be standing behind his right to free speech, or would you be calling him out as a douchebag? My guess, you'd be calling him out as a douchebag...and I'm going to guess now that you'll come back to me stating, "No, no Dude, I'd be behind him the whole way".

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schnieds is basically telling Timmy to stick to hockey. If he practiced what he preached, he wouldnt be wading into the debate in the first place.... hence the hypocrisy...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burrows is a bad example (or maybe good example) because he is by far the player I hate the most.... I think he's even surpassed Cooke and Brashear, which is quite the accomplishment... I'm a fan like everyone else here; can I honestly say for sure I'd treat a guy I ****ing despise the same as a guy who let me see my team win the Cup in my lifetime? Of course not.

To answer you question, I suspect I would make some snide remark about how rare it was to see Burrows make a principled stand... but I dont know that I'd necessarily treat it any differently than Timmy. Timmy basically said look, I think our federal government has lost its mind; I dont feel right smiling and shaking hands with the head of state. For me, the point isnt whether you agree with they guy or not - the point is that he's got the courage of conviction to stand up for what he believes. If that involves pissing into the wind, so be it.

Were Burrows to do the same, I'd like to think I'd have enough courage of conviction myself to tip my hat to him - but only as far as I absolutely needed to, of course...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thomas' mistake was saying his not going wasn't a polticial statement. It was.

I agree wholeheartedly about his comments, to go on a political tangent: He's 100% Correct. The American country was founded and fought for as a direct liberation from oppression of a foreign throne, and aside from Pirates roaming the seas was the first real democratic state... where the government was appointed and elected by a populace and was put there to enforce the rights of the people, and were given a military to protect these rights. Now the American govt spends bazillions of dollars to impose their way of life on others under the guise of "Providing the American way of life of preservation of democracy" when in fact they are just furthering their own agenda whether its the continued growth of government, guys and their massive companies gaining contracts in foreign lands, securing energy supplies for the consumer culture of Americans, and bloat in spending of tax payers dollars while at the same time removing constitutional rights like the Terrorism acts Homeland Security etc, etc.

Thomas, if he believes strongly, based on his constitutionalst/libertarian views should have come right out and said the same thing he did although edited below
[h=6]I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.
This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.
Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. My opinion is that both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country going back many years. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL, and my feelings are being communicated in this way as I feel I can use my current fame and celebrity to effect change.
I will make myself available on non game days and would be happy to field questions on this from the media and fans alike on this topic. TT[/h]

That would have shown immense courage and he likely would've taken as much or more flack, but he would then at least be opening up a can of worms and it would cause debate etc.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0