Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A New Low? Poor Tony..

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps a thread on fighting in hockey?

I think its totally absurd.

Its an embarrasment to our country.

Can someone please explain to me what the point of it is again? Perhaps I just don't understand something.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The purpose of fighting is to pound the other person in such a way that the opposing team realizes you are not someone to trifle with - even players on your own team with bad attitudes decide to stay clear of you. Added bonus if the mother of the pounded person attacks you with an umbrella when you are in the penalty box.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like Gallagher, but he's gone soft of late, he's more fan than antagonist of late, perhaps filling the Larscheid hole... too bad.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I absolutely hate Tony Gallagher and good on them for embarassing his opinion on hockey because his opinion is shite.
However, to blindside him like that is a bit embarassing in itself. Good luck NESN getting an interview with anyone from Vancouver in the future.

As for Thorton, he tried to pick a fight with anyone on the ice that game. Weise wouldn't fight him for the second time so he went after guys like Hansen later on. There's tougness for you.

The purpose of a fight, i thought was to either motivate your team or stick up for a teammate. But i'm not sure what purpose Thorton serves by having 4-5 fights in one game.

I have to agree with Tony on one point. Every team has 2-3 "agitators" so why does eveyone hate Vancouver for that, more than any other team? Just because they don't fight?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Tony Gallagher is a clown. So is Michael Hurley from NESN. Tabloid "journalism" at its finest...Love the comments from the mouth-breathers that follow it too. Fcuk me, talk about bread and circuses...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda I could write you a book about why the Canucks are hated... severe arrogance in the face of having won nada, and a complete refusal to fight and man up to the filthy stick work they run around the ice perpetrating... of course, when they get breathed on, they go down like its the World Cup Final and they've just found the penalty area...

the crap about Thornton is just hilarious. he gets speared in the throat and somehow its his fault. genius. half a dozen canucks on him, plus daniella and hodgson giving him rabbit punches from the bench - watch the tape... Weise fought HORTON, not THORNTON earlier... Weise shook the gloves and asked for the fight - thats why the zebra gave him the gate - he heard the invite! And hey, if he wanted to fight McQuaid as he claimed, he's even dumber than he looks - Thornton would knock any of us out, but McQuaid would probably kill us. Go ahead and youtube his fight with Sutherby last year if you dont believe me.

The Bruins have zero tolerance for crap teams try to pull against them. If you were the biggest, baddest group in the league you'd probably take the same position. When a gutless bunch of clowns like the Canucks come along, its pretty obvious whats gonna happen... Thats why the whining out of this town about the Bruins being "dirty" is so deliciously ironic...

as a final note, the Canucks chirped their way in and out of town, and their coaching staff and management are just as quick to whine off the ice as their players are to dive on it... when the rest of the league sets twitter ablaze during the finals with tweets about how much they hate the Canucks (not the Bruins oddly), you'd think they'd realize their act dont play...

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda I could write you a book about why the Canucks are hated... severe arrogance in the face of having won nada, and a complete refusal to fight and man up to the filthy stick work they run around the ice perpetrating... of course, when they get breathed on, they go down like its the World Cup Final and they've just found the penalty area...

the crap about Thornton is just hilarious. he gets speared in the throat and somehow its his fault. genius. half a dozen canucks on him, plus daniella and hodgson giving him rabbit punches from the bench - watch the tape... Weise fought HORTON, not THORNTON earlier... Weise shook the gloves and asked for the fight - thats why the zebra gave him the gate - he heard the invite! And hey, if he wanted to fight McQuaid as he claimed, he's even dumber than he looks - Thornton would knock any of us out, but McQuaid would probably kill us. Go ahead and youtube his fight with Sutherby last year if you dont believe me.

The Bruins have zero tolerance for crap teams try to pull against them. If you were the biggest, baddest group in the league you'd probably take the same position. When a gutless bunch of clowns like the Canucks come along, its pretty obvious whats gonna happen... Thats why the whining out of this town about the Bruins being "dirty" is so deliciously ironic...

as a final note, the Canucks chirped their way in and out of town, and their coaching staff and management are just as quick to whine off the ice as their players are to dive on it... when the rest of the league sets twitter ablaze during the finals with tweets about how much they hate the Canucks (not the Bruins oddly), you'd think they'd realize their act dont play...

Anus blower

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the crap about Thornton is just hilarious. he gets speared in the throat and somehow its his fault. genius. half a dozen canucks on him, plus daniella and hodgson giving him rabbit punches from the bench - watch the tape
OK, I just watched the "tape".

What fcuking planet are you from?

Burrows jabbed his stick at thorton's arm and he pushed it up and away past his own head.

There were no fcuking rabbit punches from the bench, what I saw were players pushing sticks back.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

So this is what happens when cousins get married and have unprotected sex? Good thing Marchand is a short guy.. Saves u the trouble of getting on your knee's. Canuck's stood up to Boston and its killing you. Thornton has zero skill and Horton is a fuking meat head! This is NHL not MMA.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm guessing your a Bruins fan MKTB, but don't try to imply that the bruins are the cleanest team in the league. Just becuase you have goons on your team and they wanna fight, doesn't mean they dont dive with the best of them. Marchand complains about everyone diving. Says the same thing about Montreal about being mouthy and diving. Guess everyone else dives and he doesn't hook or trip EVER. Cleanest player in the NHL i guess. Who can forget his classiness on Daniel in the playoffs.
[HD] Brad Marchand punching Daniel Sedin - YouTube
But i guess that's just GOOD hockey, being after the whistle and all.

Lets take a look at how hockey should be played then.
Another Dive by Brad Marchand - YouTube
Brad Marchand Dive - YouTube
Rich Peverley Amazing Dive - YouTube
Andrew Ference Embelishes to get Call + more Diving - YouTube
Love the buzz word in that last clip. INTEGRITY OF THE GAME.

Sorry MKTB, not sure if thats ironic or pot calling the kettle black, or just hypocritical, but lets not try to paint them as the cleanest.

All they do is complain about how bad other teams are at diving or dirty play. Guess they play the perfect game of hockey.
Whose arrogant now?

I'll give you that he can lay a great hit........and take one:
PK Subban Hits Brad Marchand - YouTube

I'll say that most fans of a team think their team is perfect and the opposition does everything wrong. Or are you just a Canucks hater?

To Summarize:
Bruins 2011 Playoff Dives - YouTube

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

P.S. Do more research next time

c/p

Big Bad Blog » Brad Marchand: Shawn Thornton knew Dale Weise wanted to fight Adam McQuaid

Bruins forward Brad Marchand, making his regular appearance on WEEI with Mut and Merloni, revealed Wednesday that Bruins forward Shawn Thornton knew that Vancouver forward Dale Weise was not trying to fight him in the first period of Saturday's game.

Weise extended a challenge and appeared ready to drop his gloves prior to a face-off in the opening period, but when Thornton dropped his gloves at 14:58 of the period, Weise, who had fourth Nathan Horton earlier in the period, kept them on. Though at first glance it appeared Weise was using a cheap tactic to sucker Thornton into a penalty, Marchand said Wednesday that the challenge was indeed being extended to Adam McQuaid, and that Thornton jumped in to "surprise" Weise.

"I'm going to clear it up for everyone who's listening," Marchand said. "It was actually a really sneaky play by Thorty. Weise was trying to fight McQuaid, who was standing behind Thornton on the point. McQuaid was going to fight him. So, Weise was yelling and saying, 'Yeah, let's go, let's go.'

"Thorty just figured that at that point he'd drop his gloves and surprise Weise. And the ref just kind of heard Weise yelling 'Let's go' and thought he was talking to Thorty and conning him into a penalty. Thorty kind of surprised him when Thorty dropped his gloves. Weise had no idea Thorty was going to do that."

Added Marchand: "Him and Quaider know each other a bit from the minors and I think junior as well. They might have went at [it] there."

Marchand's words corroborate Weise's story, as he told reporters prior to Monday's game that he was trying to fight McQuaid.

Thornton expressed confusion by the play following the game, though he did suggest that Weise could have possibly been looking to fight McQuaid. Both players were given unsportsmanlike conduct minors for the ordeal.

"Oh, he said 'let's go'," Thornton said after the game. "I don't know if he was talking to me or someone else but [referee Dan O'Rourke] heard him and [referee Don] VanMassenhoven heard him and that's why he went with me I'm assuming. I mean, you'll have to ask him. But Donny said, "wait until the puck drops" and I said "of course". I heard him say 'we'll go', maybe he was talking to McQuaid or I have no idea. But, I thought it was, obviously thought it was go time."

Thornton added Tuesday night on Comcast Sports Net that he wanted to fight Weise because he was among the players who jumped him when he was drastically outnumbered 3:54 into the game.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska, is there a big news story on Weise's side of what happened in that incident? Maybe a newpaper clipping or TV show interview?

I did find an apology from the Vancouver Sun. :)
Pay special attention to the 2-3 paragraphs after The Rat's quoted section.

Turns out we owe Dale Weise an apology

That was the link i was gonna post.. Does Don Cherry make a national apology on saturday?

Nice find yoda. Who is this polska legend you refer to?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still love Thornton's "he can't fight twice in a period? I fought 6 guys at once! I've fought 3 guys in a period! I'm crazy tough!" I may have made the last part up. Looking at his stats, he's never fought twice in one period, never mind 3 times. He was wrong just as much as Gallagher was.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0