Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2nd Annual Nomads Summer Classic 2008

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing confirmed or set in stone as to dates, # of teams etc...

but keep the banter here instead of crapping on other threads please and thanks ;)
'07 Winners: Whalley (Now SFC) Stikers
'07 Runners Up: LUFC Nomads (host team)
Semifinalists: ACBC B and SFC Stars

This year we will try and grow the tourney a bit if possible, but that will depend on fields...we have more teams interested at the moment than spots.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a classic...:D

Actually the tourney has run in some capacity for 20+ years I am lead to believe. I know I have played in the toruney for the last 4 Summers. It used to be the GVSSL Summer League Tournament. GVSSL Standing for the Greater Vancouver Senior Soccer League that went tits up 2 years ago. kjohnsob and I kept the candle burning after the league went away.

And after all of the shenanigans from last year this has instantly become a a classic
(epic boat races, Scotty Elliott intimidating a Striker player to death, near abandonment of game between ACBC and Nomads in the semi's, that game going to peno's on two own goals by acbc, us winning the shootout, the SFCS Stars streaker, what happened to his clothes following the streak, etc...)

A lot of fun for a small tourney in Surrey ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think there was ever a name to it tbh...The GVSSL Ran a Fall/Winter League, and had a Spring Tourney, then took a month off, ran a late Spring/Summer League and then capped it off with the August Tourney.
Surrey Celtic, Surrey Pylons, Surrey Dynamo (mostly now the SFC Stars) and Donegals Pub (Now Sundowners) are the 4 teams that I can remember winning/featuring in the finals of the last 10 years or so of the league and tourneys...

except for this last year...

So far I understand we have interest from Whalley Strikers (they have no choice but to defend) Westcoast, GEU Rams, LUFC Dynamo, ACBC A & B :eek:, SFC Stars, SFC Bullets, City FC Rangers, Poco Pacific, and us Nomads...I'm sure there will be more when we get some details finalized.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing confirmed or set in stone as to dates, # of teams etc...

but keep the banter here instead of crapping on other threads please and thanks ;)
'07 Winners: Whalley (Now SFC) Stikers
'07 Runners Up: LUFC Nomads (host team)
Semifinalists: ACBC B and SFC Stars

This year we will try and grow the tourney a bit if possible, but that will depend on fields...we have more teams interested at the moment than spots.

We're not quite SFC yet, we're Whalley until March 30. If you or Kjohn will be there Saturday night at the semi's I can bring the trophy, I swear I'll remember it this time.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Announcement: August 23rd and 24th

Pending Fields Allocations we look to grow the tournament to 12 teams for this year...

So far we have received interest from the following teams:
City FC Rangers, LUFC Dynamo, SFC Stars, SFC Bullets, GEU Rams, SFC Strikers(reigning silverware holders), LUFC Knights, Nomads (obvious), Westcoast SC, Poco Pacific, ACBC, Peace Arch D2...I know more teams have expressed interest.

That is 12. If your team is interested please communicate that to myself or kjohnsob via pm or email to nomadsfootballclub(at)gmail.com

looks like fees will be $300 to be guaranteed 3 games (all ref's fees included). 3 pools of 4 teams with top 2 advancing from each pool, and 2 wild cards (teams with most points that did not finish 1 or 2 in their pool). All Pool games will be played on Saturday (60 minute games) and Playoff round & Finals on Sunday. Tourney operates on 10 point system (3 points per game won, 1 point per game drawn, 1 point per goal for up to 3 per game, 3 points per cleansheet, 1 point for no cards per game)

top 4 teams will play 6 60 minute games in two days with the finals and consolation finals.

no complaining about the number of games...3 60 minute games are the same aount of playing as two 90 minute games...and this year the tentative schedule allows for more of a buffer for teams that are expected to play back to back games...

All Games to be played on the grass...At a Surrey complex, hopefully North Surrey High School again on the upper, lower, and oval...again...pending a favorable field allocation.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
any thought about going to a 2 div (rec/comp) format for this year's tourney? or possibly a consolation round for those of us that don't make the playoffs?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
fields dictate it man.. we have to do one of two things...

keep it status quo, make it 8 teams and split the pool over two days and have just a semis and finals or grow it a bit...

or do what I have laid out above...

problem is I have done, with kjohnsob, a format, and it takes two full days and 3 pitches.

if we introduce a consolation round it would have to go to a bigger complex and go over three or four days...

if we did a rec and a comp (which we may persue for next year) we are going to do it right, with full blown beer gardens, big complex (NAP?) and it will cost more and we can dole out better money prizes etc...

This year we are going to have more $$ for prizes though too...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Announcement: August 23rd and 24th

Pending Fields Allocations we look to grow the tournament to 12 teams for this year...

So far we have received interest from the following teams:
City FC Rangers, LUFC Dynamo, SFC Stars, SFC Bullets, GEU Rams, SFC Strikers(reigning silverware holders), LUFC Knights, Nomads (obvious), Westcoast SC, Poco Pacific, ACBC, Peace Arch D2...I know more teams have expressed interest.

That is 12. If your team is interested please communicate that to myself or kjohnsob via pm or email to nomadsfootballclub(at)gmail.com

looks like fees will be $300 to be guaranteed 3 games (all ref's fees included). 3 pools of 4 teams with top 2 advancing from each pool, and 2 wild cards (teams with most points that did not finish 1 or 2 in their pool). All Pool games will be played on Saturday (60 minute games) and Playoff round & Finals on Sunday. Tourney operates on 10 point system (3 points per game won, 1 point per game drawn, 1 point per goal for up to 3 per game, 3 points per cleansheet, 1 point for no cards per game)

top 4 teams will play 6 60 minute games in two days with the finals and consolation finals.

no complaining about the number of games...3 60 minute games are the same aount of playing as two 90 minute games...and this year the tentative schedule allows for more of a buffer for teams that are expected to play back to back games...

All Games to be played on the grass...At a Surrey complex, hopefully North Surrey High School again on the upper, lower, and oval...again...pending a favorable field allocation.

Soudns great JBN, of course the Strikers are in, we have to defend our title. And since we know about it wasy ahead of time our good drinkers will be there to take the boat race title as well :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
any thought about going to a 2 div (rec/comp) format for this year's tourney? or possibly a consolation round for those of us that don't make the playoffs?

also with the teams that have expressed interest, and none of them being premier or top rung D1 calibre...I think parody is the word for this tourney.

A nice mix of good D3 teams to decent D1 teams + a few pops and hot weather + end of summer meaning varying levels of committment from teams means that anyone and everyone has a shot at winning it.

It's not like the Old Acbc tourney where there was us lowly Nomads potentially getting Columbus Clan or Inter in a quarterfinal game...

If BlazeArmy's boys come out they are being promoted to VMSL D1 they would probably be the on-paper favorite, but we played their mish mash group with our mish mash group and won or drew the game...so anything can happen.

I'm not sure teams would sign up for a rec division, when the tourney is really that, and nice fun party atmosphere tourney in the sunshine to wind up the summer and get ready for FVSL and VMSL seasons that kick off two weeks after.

I know one future FVSL Premier team has mentioned to me that they would like in, but I think I am going to curtail that clubs invlovment to just one team, their B side... It wouldn't be fun or fair for any of us to have to run against a fit and mandated-sober ACBC A. ;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We plan on sending our B team with a few randoms from the U21s and A team to fill out numbers of guys who can't make it to games etc.

We will have our "A" drinking game guys though. :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well then I would have to put the two FVSL Div 1 teams to be the on paper favorites...Langley Dynamo or SFC Strikers...;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check that. New News to follow in the coming couple of weeks...Surrey Fields look to have fallen through as originally announced...

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
f*cking surrey! ha! if you get stuck you should try the grass fields at bby lake, there's about 8 grass pitches at the park. just a thought.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC A team is in....put their name in the trophy then.

I would group ACBC A, ACBC B, Whalley, Westcoast together (as they all think their team is the best) ;):D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0