Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2023 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think all men matches are on Saturday while the women get Sunday to themselves.

Seems like single pitch and if I were to guess, O45 will kickoff at 9AM followed by Masters B at 11:30AM.

No need to guess.

IMG_20230423_213755.jpg

Last year Mens + Women's A finals at swangard Sat, all other finals on multiple fields at BLWSC Sunday.

Other years they did Men's Sat / women's Sun. But when we participated in Langford in 2016 they used 2 pitches at the same complex and were done well before sundown.

I should add 9am kickoff is fcuking nonsense for a cup final.

Thumper

Jun 30, 2022
Tokens
Dirty Money
No need to guess.

View attachment 37282

Last year Mens + Women's A finals at swangard Sat, all other finals on multiple fields at BLWSC Sunday.

Other years they did Men's Sat / women's Sun. But when we participated in Langford in 2016 they used 2 pitches at the same complex and were done well before sundown.

I should add 9am kickoff is fcuking nonsense for a cup final.
Not to mention the added cost to stay overnight because of the early start time for the Island team.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I coach the SU Premier women. Our A Cup Final this weekend has been swapped with the B Cup Final, We are now at 9:00AM at BBY Lake. Island teams in three of four finals except the Open A Cup so 9:00AM won't work for the Island.

As usual, NOTHING surprises me anymore. An A CUP final at 9:00AM. LOL

It's been changed back to 4:30PM as I just finished writing this.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Completely Baseless Predictions - Men's A Cup Final
Semi Finals: 1/2
Overall: 11/13

BB5 United CCB (VMSL) v Croatia SC (VMSL)
And so the VMSL will retain the BC Soccer Men's Provincial A title for another season, as it has dating back to Victoria Gorge winning the trophy in 2010. BB5 have navigated their way back to the final and are seeking a three-peat. That said, it will be an opportunity for a first Provincial Cup for several of their key offseason additions. Former club stalwarts such as Boris Si and Caleb Clarke have moved on from BB5, but the Surrey side arguably have got even better and may well be fielding their best team to ever suit up for the Provincial showpiece. After defeating FC Tigers in last season's final in a battle of two absolute behemoths, several players swapped shirts literally and joined BB5 for this season. Connor MacMillan, Ivan Mejia and Danylo Smychenko all now wear the light blue out at Newton Athletic. Another player to jump ship was a man central to last season's dramatic final, Nima Moazeni Zadeh, who was of course sent off in last year's final after receiving two yellow cards in quick succession after a spell of absolute madness, paving the way for BB5's victory. However, Moazeni Zadeh was picked up by Vancouver FC for their CPL season, so he will not be taking part in back-to-back finals. The biggest coup for BB5, though, proved to be prying striker Farivar Torabi away from Tigers and back to the VMSL where he immediately reclaimed his Golden Boot that he had previously won when Tigers were in the VMSL as part of Rino's set up back in 2019-20. These names joined a veritable all-star group already with former SFU and professional players Matteo Polisi and Mamadi Camara, plus names like Mark Talisuna, Riley Pang, former Canadian international Marcel De Jong and BB5 veterans Harry Lakhan, Bobby Jhutty and goalkeeper Luke O'Shea. The VMSL's champions and Imperial Cup Champions will now face a Croatia side that has been a bit of a thorn in their side all season. Both league meetings finished 2-2 and the Imperial Cup final was headed for 0-0 at full time until a late penalty allowed Matteo Polisi to slot the decisive penalty. If Croatia are going to deny BB5 the treble they we likely need to get into better form - which is an odd thing to say about a cup finalist. Ostensibly, however, Croatia have lost and drawn their past two games. Despite having a man advantage and two penalties in their quarter final against FC Tigers, they managed to lose 2-0. They were saved by the fact that FC Tigers played an ineligible player. Their semi final was a stagnant 0-0 with Abbotsford that, thanks to BC Soccer's ingenious new rules, went straight to penalties after full time. So certainly not a traditional path to the final, but they are there and it is one game to glory. They will need some offense, though, from the likes of Admir Salihovic, Nicolas Budisa and Emile Saimovici and maybe a herculean effort in goal from TSS number one Justyn Sandhu. Anything is possible in one game, and surely the Croatia supporters will be out in full voice, but the treble looks very much on the cards for BB5 in this one.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Croats after 20 or so but just received a straight red (deservedly).

@robj getting ready to trip the lino on the far side.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game. Took this one in on my way home. Glad I stopped by. What a fcuking hit to tie it. It would have been nice to see Croatia win it in PKs. Straight to PKs in a provincial final….absolutely bizarre. I don’t think Croatia wanted another 30min anyway but seemed a little Mickey Mouse.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game. Took this one in on my way home. Glad I stopped by. What a fcuking hit to tie it. It would have been nice to see Croatia win it in PKs. Straight to PKs in a provincial final….absolutely bizarre. I don’t think Croatia wanted another 30min anyway but seemed a little Mickey Mouse.
That makes no freaking sense. Why have they abandoned OT for a provincial cup final at this level?

Jul 27, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
So with all the fancy streaming graphics and the pxp commentator applauding the match officials being selected for the A Cup Final, BC Soccer couldn't care to actually put their names up on the screen in the pre-match or have the third team members read out as a recognition of their selection for the final. Pxp commentator only said Marko Ristic's name. Brutal!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0