Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great result, top of the group.
Honduras in January, then go to Costa Rica in March, then 4 more games after that. Keep the pedal to the metal. Would love to go to a World Cup that Canada is playing in, but not sure about going to Quatar.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love the decision to play in Edmonton. Got us three huge points. Atiba was a machine and Larin what a game. Everyone played hard and the amount of hard work the team put in tonight was amazing to see.

Loved the beach balls at the game hilarious!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE
Well used Flair there
Ric Flair Sport GIF by WWE

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada top of the table - fantastic!

Panama needs to f*ck off with these second half comebacks though...

Seven points up on Costs Rica in fifth though. I am about ready to say that Canada will be in the top four. Whether that's enough for Qatar, stay tuned I guess.

Mexico definitely deserves to be told where they can stick it. That said, this whole picking fights at full time thing is beginning to wear just a little thin on me. Like sure, don't back down, but it feels like we are going looking for it. Like the team that has just been promoted and thinks they are the greatest team ever. We are good enough to be here, let's let the play on the field do the talking.

Standard request to pass the cap around and collect enough to get a real commentator to replace Wheeler... That was the best part about being there in person on Friday - not having to hear him...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dunno; one part of me wants to see some deserving little shite like Larin from El Salvador get his block knocked off; the other part says in most games I end up being like Borjan trying to keep mates out of scraps...

I'm of two minds about "Wheels." The enthusiasm is a plus, and he definitely likes doing what he does. The blatant homerism and sadly annoying tone detract from that a lot and are grating, and I'm not sure if "oh Canada, oh baby" would be any more palatable if delivered by somebody with a more listenable voice or not.

• Doniel Henry is not the guy for a game like this. The only time he was not burnt by a forward was when he dropped Lozano on his arse at the beginning of the game.
  • Alistair Johnston should be getting looks from bigger Euro clubs or there is something wrong with the world.
  • Even if Davies isn't scoring goals, he's drawing attention away from the rest of the team. Pretty well any time he had the ball there were at least 2 Mexican players marking him.
Gotta see if I can get a work trip to Qatar next year....

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs remember when he was lazy larin?

I was never fully sold on him but he worked his tail off last night.

Rumors that the Jan game may be in Toronto or down the road in Hamilton possibly given that Canada has to fly to central america and back twice making the game at BC place doubtful.

Toronto weather can be hit and miss that time of year but chances are cant be any worst than edmonton last night and the filed has heating for the grass.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rumors that the Jan game may be in Toronto or down the road in Hamilton possibly given that Canada has to fly to central america and back twice making the game at BC place doubtful.

Toronto weather can be hit and miss that time of year but chances are cant be any worst than edmonton last night and the filed has heating for the grass.
It's funny you say that because I was thinking exactly that/you as the match unfolded - thought he was perfect for the occasion and a better choice than JD. But then JD came on and I thought, fcuk me he is holding up the ball well and looking way more engaged than previous match :)

Heard/read the same thing regarding USA match and travel considerations between games... Vancouver adds too much flight times. But honestly, I would like to see this team play to their strengths again. Yeah we got the historic win last night and yes, Mexico suffered, but I think we did too... USA won't suffer as much in those same bitter cold elements.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Also heard that CSA is hesitant to come to Vancouver in January sandwiched in between Honduras and El Salvador. Too bad, I am sure BC Place would be crammed to the rafters. I hear it is still TBD though, so maybe.

Can't think they would be playing at BMO or Tim Hortons in Hamilton. I am told that it would be inside at Rogers Centre. Maybe Toronto sells it out given the burgeoning "mainstream" interest in the team...but they have struggled to fill BMO which holds half as many.

I suppose the Big O in Montreal would also be an option. Hoping they decide that the extra few hours in the air are worth it to come to a charged atmosphere in Vancouver. Charge an extra $3 a ticket and make sure they can role in comfort on a swanky private charter.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think skydome has been altered for just baseball now and convertingthe layout and seats etc to allow soccer would be expensive hence ruling it out possibly. Read that the baseball diamond layout now put in place doesnt allow for soccer as it is currently set up.

The Big O is possible but who knows when that roof will collapse again....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's funny you say that because I was thinking exactly that/you as the match unfolded - thought he was perfect for the occasion and a better choice than JD. But then JD came on and I thought, fcuk me he is holding up the ball well and looking way more engaged than previous match :)

Heard/read the same thing regarding USA match and travel considerations between games... Vancouver adds too much flight times. But honestly, I would like to see this team play to their strengths again. Yeah we got the historic win last night and yes, Mexico suffered, but I think we did too... USA won't suffer as much in those same bitter cold elements.
The US is not the team to try and freeze out, totally agree. Think of all the US players that came up through NCAA, and many of those schools play that shite fall schedule into November, many / most in climates that get gross and very cold. The trick won't work for them.

Herdman saying that "we need to pick the best location for us, it's not a national tour" or something to that effect sounded like writing on the wall. Going to Toronto.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
USA has home games sandwiched around this match, I don't think the choice of venue is going to matter to them at all.

Another factor/consideration in this -> Canada will be playing in hot / warm zones either side, they won't have the luxury of getting used to any perceived cold weather elements to use to their advantage. Honestly, the extra travel time to get to/out of Vancouver I think shouldn't be an issue under the circumstances.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0