Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 WC Qualifying

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be very interesting.

As to the weather & field issues.....

One of the reporters I follow on Twatter reports that the field itself isn't that bad, looks way worse on TV w/ the painted lines, etc.. I'll try and see what it looks like up close, my suspicion is it can't be much worse than BC Place, but we also know that frozen turf and cold balls (say what) often combine for faster playing surfaces & bouncy AF. I'l;l see if I can get up close tomorrow.

I'd love to get honest takes from the players. Apparently they are jacked about this one and looking forward to playing, and by all accounts the early mind games are going in Canada's favor so far as Mexico not loving what's coming.

This is really all about mind games and making the opposition uncomfortable. If the Canadian players are feeling good about everything, and confident, and Mexico is more focused on how shitty the weather and field is, well, advantage Canada.

In the end, if we can take all three points, most likely people will love this tactic. If 1 point, still may love it. If they lose, well yeah, the second guessing will be in full force.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mexico just got pumped by the US; they'll be primed to come out and wax us... sure the weather is advantage us, but these are professional footballers and I can't imagine they'd roll in completely unprepared.

That said, it's so very Canadian of us to finally figure out how to use the weather / environment to fcuk the superior team the very second we become the superior team...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mexico just got pumped by the US; they'll be primed to come out and wax us... sure the weather is advantage us, but these are professional footballers and I can't imagine they'd roll in completely unprepared.

That said, it's so very Canadian of us to finally figure out how to use the weather / environment to fcuk the superior team the very second we become the superior team...
:D

The irony is pretty thick.

Agree also on the pro-footballer shout. Heard today they couldn't get into training, Canada training indoors somewhere....all in all, it's making for some very interesting tweets and twats. Really, it's just all about the head games. I love it. All those years and trips Canada makes and it's just horrendous, so fcuk them on rolling out the red carpet. I hope one of the same nutjobs that streaked the pitch goes to their hotel to pull the fire alarm, and hope their rooms are on the top floor.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D

The irony is pretty thick.

Agree also on the pro-footballer shout. Heard today they couldn't get into training, Canada training indoors somewhere....all in all, it's making for some very interesting tweets and twats. Really, it's just all about the head games. I love it. All those years and trips Canada makes and it's just horrendous, so fcuk them on rolling out the red carpet. I hope one of the same nutjobs that streaked the pitch goes to their hotel to pull the fire alarm, and hope their rooms are on the top floor.

Put them up in the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, spread out the rooms on the top level, and then yeah... ring ring assholes...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides, it's cold, yeah, but could be way, way worse. I ran yesterday morning, about 1-2 Deg C, pouring rain, and that is fcuking terrible. No getting warm, ever, and miserable. If we really wanted to make them unhappy, that'd be the worst. I think none of our guys would return after that.

Jesus, I was literally outside for a couple of seconds just now going from the house to my office in the loft above the garage....I can't stop shivering.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides, it's cold, yeah, but could be way, way worse. I ran yesterday morning, about 1-2 Deg C, pouring rain, and that is fcuking terrible. No getting warm, ever, and miserable. If we really wanted to make them unhappy, that'd be the worst. I think none of our guys would return after that.

Jesus, I was literally outside for a couple of seconds just now going from the house to my office in the loft above the garage....I can't stop shivering.
THIS. I will take -15 and snowing over the sideways sleet that comes when the temperature is hovering around 0. Any. Fcuking. Day.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Field and weather may help and come into play for the final 15 minutes of the game.
If it's close or tied at that point advantage us!!

How many times in the past have you heard players bitching about the hi altitude games in Mexico.
Guys were puking their lungs out at halftime.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Field and weather may help and come into play for the final 15 minutes of the game.

How many times in the past have you heard players bitching about the hi altitude games in Mexico.
Exactly.

Besides, there are professional athletes the world over in all sorts of sports that have to compete in adverse conditions. Guys that come from normally cold climates competing in warm, and vise versa. All athletes have their preferred climates, or climates they grew up with. Doesn't mean they can't and won't compete in the conditions adverse to them, just means that their body grew up in something different. Muscle memory and body memory do account for a lot, in addition, the mentality of knowing that you can compete well in the adverse condition as opposed to it being foreign to you.

Acclimatizing is HUGE in this case, and not having the opportunity to acclimatize can be fatal. Elevation, perfect example. Heat and cold are less extreme situations of the same.

Besides all that, fcuk 'em. You make it difficult just because they do the same to us.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

that was just the El Jimador from the night before...

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love it. I got a buddy ion Calgary who was going to drive up for the game, but the hwy is either closed or too treacherous to make the run. Should be good

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FEVYvpdWYAg34w7

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars