Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Gold Cup

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to Esquito for a mind boggling dumb yellow taking out one of our best players for the usa game.

Unreal...
Thought the same then heard the strategy. Made sense. I'll take it. I cant recall Canada being in a position the think forward like that

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
yao ming basketball GIF by NBA

Ming?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Day!

2PM Pacific

Really looking forward to see how the backline deals with Dike today. Granted both squads are weakened but I want to see some agro out there and send a very large message that come September we are to be feared.

1-1 final

Go Canada Go

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aside from the first 15 seconds, that was an extremely enjoyable half of football. Unlucky not to have snatched one back.

Can only imagine what the onesoccer Muppets had to say about the shout for a PK, but that was not going to ever be given after seeing Layrea grab Zimmerman's arm first.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Layrea goes down too easily. Bet he is gonna gain a reputation amongst officials moving forward.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky not to equalize in the second half. After getting bullied in the 1st 45 thought we flipped the tables, made a statement and gave the Americans something to think about going forward . The WCQ rematches will be fun to watch

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really enjoyed the match. I have to say the ref was fantastic. Really let a lot go, let them play. We had a few pK shouts with a different ref. Ive Always preferred a little physicality, play thru it. Battle a bit like actual men competing to win. I’ll never get on board with the soft stuff. Call it a North American mentality I guess. Games gotten a bit dainty for me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wheeler was at his worse today @Regs . Late in the match when TB had a good run the the end line and got boxed out, Wheeler actually screamed, “Penalty? IT IS A PENALTY!”

Dunfield: “Actually, that’s a goal kick, Wheels, after a nice piece of defending.”

Dunfield on his own, I can handle. Can’t handle Wheeler. So bad. So unknowledgeable. Total homer. And way over enunciate.

Enjoyable match and though we were unlucky not to earn a draw.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game was a lot of fun to watch.

Canada on the back foot to start but then really stepped up.

Tajon is such a great addition to this team. When davies is back the two of them on the left side will be a nightmare for teams. Every time that kid gets the ball you have this feeling something will happen.

Felt the team played well thought kamal miller had a great game in the back.

When would you ever think canada could have two strikers go down with injury in a game and the third coming was a still a dangerous striker.

This performance is something to build on and cant wait for qualifying when we have all the pieces.

Never would have imagined seeing the americans bunkering down vs Canada but pretty much they parked the bus for most of the game.

On to the quarters and the real tourney begins.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What Gurps said.

Tajon reminds me of Jeremy Doku for my Belgians... lightning quick jitterbug who can actually control the ball at pace... and yeah, the back four was really good - Dike is a handful and a half but he was back pocket all match.

Biggest difference I noticed from the Whitecaps game the night before - urgency. The Canadians played with a purpose, and that purpose was to get forward, NOW... yeah the US parked it and yeah the talent level is higher but they pushed the match missing their two best players and with a fairly rubbish performance IMO from their strikers. I really wonder if that's coaching as much as it is personnel.

Only negative I saw is was the finishing - Larin my God, and Cavallini... he's just not a DP... he's a guy you pay about 600-700k and then use TAM to bring him down under the threshold... no pace no composure on the ball, if he and Larin can't sort it this team is going to be limited in terms of getting results from how they apparently want to play...

Referee was fcuking top drawer, and he's only 33 years old. Hope MLS can hang onto him.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed but I think that's what Canada has been missing a needs. Every top team has one.
What, a player that can sell a call? Now sure what you are getting at. To @Regs point, if he goes to ground too easily, the refs just see a player crying wolf.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PSA

Last round of group matches go this afternoon/evening, Canada will see who they match up against for the quarters after we get the match results. I think it comes down to either Jamaica or Costa Rica.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0