Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Gold Cup

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game day KO @ 7PM Pacific on OneSoccer

US / Qatar @ 4:30PM

Let's Go Canada!
Predictions?

Its an odd but encouraging feeling to have expectations for the CMNT when it comes to playing a team just out side the top 10. B squad or not, you can say the same about us. Expecting a close one going down to the wire.

Mexico 2 Canda 1 (EXTRA TIME)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just want to see us play. No parking the facking buss.
Canada does not yet know how to play effectively that way. This squad needs to go at them.
Win or lose learn something by going at them.
Yes, 100 times yes. I want to see us playing on the front foot here. Pretty stoked to watch this, will need to get the play-back, so will be avoiding twatter and other social media that can spoil it.

CJ Mundy

Sep 8, 2020
Tokens
Dirty Money
Respect your fellas optimism though I don't necessarily share it based on history.

Will be cheering no matter what. Go Canada.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Without hope we have nothing.

Martin Luther King Jr Mlk GIF by Identity

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, 100 times yes. I want to see us playing on the front foot here. Pretty stoked to watch this, will need to get the play-back, so will be avoiding twatter and other social media that can spoil it.
We've been playing pretty damn decent in the last few games. Thought we dominated the US after they scored and Costa Rica didn't really have a sniff.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Few things...

First mexico pk was due to ref missing a foul by mexico on canada which caused the turnover and led to the pk.

Second...

If you gonna go to VAR on the second pk why not VAR when Tajon was taken down earlier? Was it not similar? Fox announcers even said Tajon was in the box.

What a performance by Canada. Tesho came and worked super hard kudos to him. The whole team worked hard they should he super proud.

Ref was out of his league imo and cards should have been shown much earlier.

Loved the added 15 minutes of extra time as well..

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the added 15 mins comment i made the fans from what I read were making chants all game long but the ref decided in the last part of the game to call a break. So yes the extra time had to be added on but i dont think the game need edto be stopped when it was already almost extra time.

Anyways its only the gold cup and not qualifers.....

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be honest, even with the improved performances and all the enthusiasm surrounding the team, I thought we would get smashed by Mexico in this one. Not embarassed, but certainly comfortably beaten. Maybe 3-1?

Anyway, suffice to say that I was very impressed by this effort. Mexico was missing a few top guys, but, obviously, so were we. Looking forward to playing them again twice in WC qualification. No fear.

There were lots of little moments that deserve a closer analysis including the referee, the penalty decisions, the amount of added time and the Mexican fans behavior in the stands. But none of it will change the result on the night.

What I will say is I don't usually promote the extra curriculars, but maybe my biggest "f*ck yes!" moment of the night was during the afters following the Mexican winner. It seemed to me like Canada wanted to send a message that it was not going to be a free 6 points in the qualifiers and I think you saw a Mexican side genuinely taken aback by a Canadian side they usually walk all over.

Excited for the next meeting!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0