Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m actually upset with myself that I continue to support and watch this club. I can’t help but want them to succeed,but they fail on so many levels. Is it the worlds curse that we live in such a beautiful city that we’re cursed with sports franchises? Just garbage.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
if limited defense of Robbo, so many squandered chances suggests that the execution is the problem rather than the system... as a talent hound he may be sorely lacking, but, at least recently, they haven't wanted for opportunities...

of course, they've also been playing even bigger flotsam than themselves, but still...

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
San Jose may be one of the only teams with a more unrecognizable line up then the caps. Remember when Selinas wasn't good enough here? Yet we still couldn't beat them. Put more balls over the bar than Passaglia in his prime... but hey Robbo "can't fault the lads effort" right? CPL is going to do some damage to the caps ability to draw fans, if it comes to the valley next year

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, I'll bite. Only because you seem to have an inside connection to the club, and are a lawyer. How could the Caps possibly block any CPL franchise? I don't think they have territorial rights with the CSA, do they? Otherwise, how else could they influence something like this?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m actually upset with myself that I continue to support and watch this club. I can’t help but want them to succeed,but they fail on so many levels. Is it the worlds curse that we live in such a beautiful city that we’re cursed with sports franchises? Just garbage.
No need to be hard on yourself. It is a very normal to want to feel part of a group, and we need to forget other more important issues (i.e. like the failure of world leaders to move us away from nuclear confrontation - Doomsday Clock is jus 2 minutes away from Nuclear warfare, which is the closest since 1959). Thus, it is all very normal to need distractions and actually be upset with a safe figure rather than the actual source of the problem.
Having said this, we are the ones to blame. We have allowed a very tyrannical soccer social structure and culture to emerge in this province where the major objective is the profit for the Whitecaps owners and not the real and true development of the game.

You can support the TSS Rovers and any upcoming franchise in the CPL. The Whitecaps need competition, otherwise we are just allowing a program that has done very little for the development of the game here.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I usually transition from discussing Whitecaps to type of beer to buy to watch the match...but to each their own.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Supporting the caps to nuclear war, that escalated quickly.
You asked the question and I gave you a very plausible answer (of course this is the one that provides most discomfort). At the aggregate social level, soccer is nothing more than this, a distraction for the masses from the failures of the economic and political elites).

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Recently I have found the best beer to get through a caps game is "lots of" and "more". I also think that for whatever reason the front office would survive a nuclear war. Them and cockroaches.

If I found out the caps blocked a CPL franchise from coming here they can kiss my season tickets goodbye.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone quoting Foucault sends me running for the nearest exit... the beautiful game as an instrument of class oppression by the ruling elite... just more evidence that communists can turn absolutely anything into evidence of oppression if they want to... comical.

Anyway, I don't have any inside link to the Whitecaps at all - I was involved in the youth premier league but haven't been for a couple of years... just a guy with an opinion, but if the Whitecaps thought that a CPL franchise would harm their gate, do you really think they'd let that fly?

You'll note that I didn't say anything about them blocking it in a noticeable way...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone quoting Foucault sends me running for the nearest exit... the beautiful game as an instrument of class oppression by the ruling elite... just more evidence that communists can turn absolutely anything into evidence of oppression if they want to... comical.

Anyway, I don't have any inside link to the Whitecaps at all - I was involved in the youth premier league but haven't been for a couple of years... just a guy with an opinion, but if the Whitecaps thought that a CPL franchise would harm their gate, do you really think they'd let that fly?

You'll note that I didn't say anything about them blocking it in a noticeable way...
Foucault was not a communist, not even Marxist. It is not surprising that you would run for the nearest exist when reminded of the fragility and illusion of a social order that gives you unwarranted privilege. Interesting, it is very Foucauldian of you to acknowledge that the Whitecaps would not block them in a "noticeable way". I would tend to agree with you. Doing something in public would damage their interest. They are not that stupid, but the CFL certainly puts them in a very uncomfortable situation as it will expose their true agenda (i.e. profit and serving US interests rather than Canadian soccer development).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I like it when you play coy.

Explain in plain English that doesn’t require any code breaking how they could possibly block a CPL Franchise.

On a side note, I doubt the MLS is concerned about the Canadian Football League, but who knows.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not know if you saw the Whitecaps game in Dallas. I saw parts of it. Really poor defending for the Whitecaps. It is almost shocking that a professional level you have a team so disorganized. The two goals were completely preventable. It is embarrassing. Then, Dallas concedes an own goal, and a penalty occurs in minute 90'+10. Yes, read it right. The goal was conceded in minute in the 100th hundredth minute. A complete fantom goal. It was actually a foul on the keeper, but the referee does not call it. A typical play of a "long ball" into the opposing penalty area and then pray for something to happen. The most common tactic to score goals from the Caps lately. I guess it is the Welsh way of scoring goals, but this does not help our National Team nor the development of our players.

This is not real professional soccer. It is "Disneyland Soccer". It is just simulation of the real leagues and competition that takes place in Europe or Latin America. Guys, seriously, try to wake up from the illusion that has been put in front of you. I sincerely hope that CPL makes it better, by this I mean concentrating in real development of players and making truly competitive (even if level might not be high), and not providing these games that look like staged in WWF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0