Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 VMSL AGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerking

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough Boss - I'm hoping we're on the same side here and that Soccer King is not the class of Billy No Mates.
He's been with the club since '92, that makes him OLD and not computer savvy RF - I would assume @soccerking is referring to the quote in your post but it comes across as he is calling you out.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing on that but that's a different topic best discussed in Yoda's smelling cnuts thread in the Premium Members area.

Regs knows me to well ---not directed at you Rangerforever--- thanks for showing respect to SU

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really.

He's a disrespectful cnut is all when he disses Surrey United that way on a public forum and its a fine line as far as I'm concerned mate.

I don't see the comedy in some little fcuking arrogant weasel nobody slagging one of the best, if not arguably the best, youth club in the Province.

And my kid played at Metro Ford.
Very grateful for what we got there - Top shelf Club too.
I even played with the Wolves one year back in the day in your shitty league. ;)
See the wink - Pisstake see?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really.

He's a disrespectful cnut is all when he disses Surrey United that way on a public forum and its a fine line as far as I'm concerned mate.

I don't see the comedy in some little fcuking arrogant weasel nobody slagging one of the best, if not arguably the best, youth club in the Province.

And my kid played at Metro Ford.
Very grateful for what we got there - Top shelf Club too.
I even played with the Wolves one year back in the day in your shitty league. ;)
See the wink - Pisstake see?

I include the remarks in the initial post because other people discussed this at the meeting in private conversations. The results and awards speak for themselves. WestVan and Coquitlam Metro Ford have been dominating Surrey quite convincingly on the pitch and in terms of awards, so it seems that they are going to an inferior league (as corroborated by the Provincial Results) so they can be top dog there. I am essentially paraphrasing others.

If they make a decision, they should be able to live with the optics. Essentially, the arguments that I heard was that if they would be winning, they would not have left.

I will not make an specific remark regarding the youth system in Surrey because is an adult forum, and this discussions are forbidden. Regarding the adults, it is just a limited style of playing. They reasonable proficient about it, but there is little range. It is quite remarkable what they have done. However, it is still essentially a rural area, so we can not expect much sophistication and finesse in their football.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell does rural have to do with it?

Also, you do know that Surrey and Coquitlam are essentially the same geographically? Both in the Valley? You do know they are comparable demographically and economically as well? If anything, Surrey actually has a broader footballing savvy culture.

Once again, you are showing your ignorance.

Looking forward to watching you get you ass handed to you weekly next season.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I include the remarks in the initial post because other people discussed this at the meeting in private conversations. The results and awards speak for themselves. WestVan and Coquitlam Metro Ford have been dominating Surrey quite convincingly on the pitch and in terms of awards, so it seems that they are going to an inferior league (as corroborated by the Provincial Results) so they can be top dog there. I am essentially paraphrasing others.

If they make a decision, they should be able to live with the optics. Essentially, the arguments that I heard was that if they would be winning, they would not have left.

I will not make an specific remark regarding the youth system in Surrey because is an adult forum, and this discussions are forbidden. Regarding the adults, it is just a limited style of playing. They reasonable proficient about it, but there is little range. It is quite remarkable what they have done. However, it is still essentially a rural area, so we can not expect much sophistication and finesse in their football.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Soccercoach, take another sip of your fine cognac or tequila, pet your Pharaoh Hound, and then take your artisan pipe and shove it up your arse before you draw on it again.

You might be the last person who should use the word "sophistication" in any capacity.

Pompous fool!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you really just say because it's a rural area you can not expect much finesse and sophistication in their football? Surrey Peg just won provincials, Surrey United was in the final, wasn't it 3 years in a row, winning it twice. Not to mention probably the most successful current youth program. Give me strength. I know you are just winding people up and christ you're good.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What will be happening with Masters next season?

From what I heard they are eliminating over 40 and making it over 45.

What happens to the teams in over 40 that don't qualify? Will they realigning Masters Prem, Div 1 and Div 2 to make space?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the definition of "don't qualify?"

All of the players who were registered on over 40 teams last season are supposed to be grandfathered into over 45 (as long as they don't take the season off from the VMSL). This is the same scenario as when over 30 play moved to over 35, except that supposedly there weren't going to be any exemptions for underaged new players. So if you're a 41 year old guy who played for Auld Fartz FC last season in the VMSL, you can play for them again next season. However, if you leave Auld Fartz FC and go to FC Incontinence of the FVSL for next season, you can't come back until you're 45.

Clear like mud?

Who won MVP of the season? Does anyone have a list of the award winners?

Yes.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who won MVP of the season? Does anyone have a list of the award winners?

MVP = Carlo Basso (CMF)
Golden Boot = Carlo Basso (CMF)
Coach of the Year = Les Krivak for playing Carlo Basso (CMF)
Referee of the Year = Ruben Smilev for awarding penalties to Carlo Basso
Masters Golden Boot = Tiernan King (CMF) for paving the way for Carlo Basso to do it in Masters in about 12-15 years time

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you really just say because it's a rural area you can not expect much finesse and sophistication in their football? Surrey Peg just won provincials, Surrey United was in the final, wasn't it 3 years in a row, winning it twice. Not to mention probably the most successful current youth program. Give me strength. I know you are just winding people up and christ you're good.
I am not trying to wind up people; just making people to reflect once in a while.
Pegasus is not completely intrinsic to Surrey. The Indo-Canadian community is a big part of the club and seems to brings quite a bit into the club. I did not see Pegasus playing kick and run. The first goal in the final was the product of pure passing on the ground from the back line. I have not seen Surrey United trying to play like this. Perhaps I am wrong. As for the rural comment, there is a direct correlation between high density and success and finesse in a sport for football think Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Amsterdan, Berlin, Madrid, Montivideo, Barcelona, Manchester, etc. It is the same argument as the origins of the Renaissance. Surrey United might have done well, but as other centres are becoming more sophisticated; they will have more difficulty competing. @Dude argued that the FVSL would become stronger than the VMSL. It is very unlikely; just by the fact of population density. As Richmond, Vancouver, Burnaby, Norvan and Westvan increase their population densities they should improve faster than the Valley.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
"
Why Living in a City Makes You More Innovative
Research suggests that the more opportunities you have to connect with different people--and fresh ideas--the more creative and productive you tend to be.
By Randy Rieland
SMITHSONIAN.COM
JUNE 28, 2013
image: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/ideas/files/2013/06/city-skyline-large.jpg

"...One of the better examples of this messy, but fruitful dynamic played out after World War II in a nondescript structure at M.I.T known simply as Building 20. In his book, “Where Good Ideas Come From,” published in 2010, Steven Johnson wrote about how, because the building was used to handle overflow from fast-growing science departments, it scrambled together an eclectic mix of nuclear scientists, electrical engineers, computer scientists, acoustical engineers and even linguists.

And that resulted in hallway conversations and random exchanges that made Building 20 one of the more creative places on Earth, a place that incubated an amazing sweep of scientific breakthroughs, from the first computer video game (SpaceWar!) to major advances in both microwaves and high-speed photography to the earliest attempts at computer hacking.

Social scientists will tell you it’s that same swirl of commingled ideas and constant interactions–albeit on a much larger scale–that makes cities founts of creativity. In fact, research published earlier this month by scientists from M.I.T. concluded that productivity and innovation in urban areas grow at roughly the same rate as population, largely because the greater density of people living in a city increases the opportunities for personal interactions and exposure to different ideas.

..The research team, led by Wei Pan, analyzed all kinds of factors to tabulate the “social-tie density” of different cities–that’s the average number of people each resident will interact with personally. They looked at everything from the number of call partners with whom a cellphone user will end up sharing a cell tower to the number of people connecting through location-based social networks like Foursquare to the contagion rates of diseases spread only through personal contact. And they found that the higher a city’s social-tie density, the higher its levels of productivity and patents awarded."

People that studied soccer history make parallel arguments. High density usually leads to better soccer.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are a first class ass.

By your definition, there is only one city: Downtown Vancouver. Otherwise, from Vancouver proper, across the bridge to North and West Van, across the other bridge to Richmond, then across the other bridge and down the highway to Burnaby / Coquitlam / Surrey / Langley- basically everything else besides DT Vancouver- is rural to you, by your way of thinking. Which, of course, couldn't be further from the reality, even the actual geographical description provided by Metro Vancouver: http://www.metrovancouver.org/servi...entres/about-urban-centres/Pages/default.aspx

Which proves to me:

1. For a fellow that likes to come across as educated, you really are naive (you may look up the definition, as I suspect you are too naive to understand the meaning).
2. You live in your own little bubble, and have never actually explored the environment in which you live.

For some time, the Valley region in Surrey, Langley, Coquitlam, and Burnaby has been feeding the Metro Vancouver area as a whole (both leagues) with top players. No, I don't count your players in there, you are, after all, Div. 2, and a gift promotion to Div. 1. Maybe your players can one day polish the boots of the guys playing Premier across all three leagues.

Your argument also makes no accommodation for those playing in the Island Premier league, where true rural areas have been producing top level local players long before you came around to sully the place w/ your shite that doesn't stink.

Meanwhile, the City of Vancouver itself produces the fewest top level players in BC. Again, your players are NOT counted in those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0