Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 VMSL AGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could it be that Norvan already has a team in Div 1, thus the Div 2 team can't move up anyways?

I thought there was a rule that a club can't have more than 1 team in a division... @gunners are you affiliated with the former Premier team in any manner, i.e., can your players be 'called up' to play with the former Premier team?
It's only in prem u can have only one team. We r affiliated with norvan but a separate club

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree the rule is not ideal. What I want to know is if Strikers had NOT been on 50 points, thus making it a 3 way tie broken by goal difference, would NorVan had gone up instead of Campo by virtue of having "finished second" or would GD still have been used?

That being said in this particular instance the rule as currently written has been applied and it is a closed case. Moving forward though I feel this rule should be clarified and perhaps amended.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree the rule is not ideal. What I want to know is if Strikers had NOT been on 50 points, thus making it a 3 way tie broken by goal difference, would NorVan had gone up instead of Campo by virtue of having "finished second" or would GD still have been used?

That being said in this particular instance the rule as currently written has been applied and it is a closed case. Moving forward though I feel this rule should be clarified and perhaps amended.
It is simple and clear and logical. Campo would have gone up irrespective.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is simple and clear and logical. Campo would have gone up irrespective.

Not sure about logical, because you are promoting the team that "finished third" instead of a "second place" team.

Either change the rules to reflect that goal difference determines the final season standings as well as the filling of vacancies OR change the vacancy rule to read that the spot will filled by the second place team with the next most points regardless of section (A/B/etc) and if all second place teams have the same point total then goal difference will determine the winner.

I see NorVan's frustration given that they technically "finished higher" than Campo, but certainly as the rule currently reads Campo is the team to be promoted, no arguments.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. I can see that you are joining the band that want to be obtuse. There is no 2nd or 3rd. Just two teams tied in points and then a simple and logical tiebreaker.
Most importantly the best team got promoted as evidenced by the Rinos and Norvan game and the Rinos Campo game.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. I can see that you are joining the band that want to be obtuse. There is no 2nd or 3rd. Just two teams tied in points and then a simple and logical tiebreaker.
Most importantly the best team got promoted as evidenced by the Rinos and Norvan game and the Rinos Campo game.

You're going to check your condescending rhetoric right the f*ck now.

@Soccer Coach of all the people here I give you a pretty wide berth and just sort of nibble around the edge of your perceived insanity. I am many things, including at times a real cnut, but I am most certainly not obtuse.

See it how you want, but the rule should be clarified. Last time I checked NorVan's name appears above Campo's in the standings. Even if that is essentially just semantics, it is fueling this problem. I in no way oppose the promotion of Campo, in fact if you check back I have been saying Campo is the best team in Div 2 for quite some time. Your team's failure to win the division astonished me, but this conversation has nothing to do with Campo. It is about a convoluted rule regarding the final placing of teams and the filling of vacancies. Based on all the confusion demonstrated this year, the rule obviously needs some rejigging.

Take your ego out of the equation you narrow minded, obtuse know-it-all and help us develop a resolution that allows us to avoid this drama in the future. F*ckkk....

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're going to check your condescending rhetoric right the f*ck now.

@Soccer Coach of all the people here I give you a pretty wide berth and just sort of nibble around the edge of your perceived insanity. I am many things, including at times a real cnut, but I am most certainly not obtuse.

See it how you want, but the rule should be clarified. Last time I checked NorVan's name appears above Campo's in the standings. Even if that is essentially just semantics, it is fueling this problem. I in no way oppose the promotion of Campo, in fact if you check back I have been saying Campo is the best team in Div 2 for quite some time. Your team's failure to win the division astonished me, but this conversation has nothing to do with Campo. It is about a convoluted rule regarding the final placing of teams and the filling of vacancies. Based on all the confusion demonstrated this year, the rule obviously needs some rejigging.

Take your ego out of the equation you narrow minded, obtuse know-it-all and help us develop a resolution that allows us to avoid this drama in the future. F*ckkk....

Campo has always appeared above Norvan, so I do not know what you are talking about it.
http://vmslsoccer.com/division-2a/
In any case, this does not matter. What matters is the tie-braker for vacancies which can not be more clear and simple (i.e. points, then goal difference, then goal average).

The real problem is people wanting to make a fuss and obscure things for their advantage or people who do not seen to be able to connect two neurones.

The rules are actually quite clever because make it clear who should be promoted with multiple divisions (i.e. two or three or even four).

As for this: "...help us develop a resolution that allows us to avoid this drama in the future..."
The solution is quite clear. Request that every coach and manager in the VMSL open a book and start to read. It is a issue of "functional illiteracy".

"...42% of Canadian adults between the ages of 16 and 65 have low literacy skills..."

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a brief summary of the meeting from my perspective.

a) Destiny sometimes gives you some strange situations. We arrived to the AGM, and line up to sign the attendance sheet. In front of us is our favourite coach from Norvan, and behind us are our friends from Rinos. We try to exchange pleasantries, but it is clear that we have not been quite forgiven for our transgressions.

b) The provincial finals were and all VMSL affair. This confirms that the VMSL is the strongest and best league in the province. Mr. Azzi, Ruben, and everyone in the Board should be very proud, because it is the fruits of their labour and vision over the years.

c) Coquitlam Metro Ford is the winner of most of the awards (i.e. best goaltender, top striker, best coach, MVP). I can see why Surrey United leaves the VMSL. The success of Coquitlam Metro Ford makes evident the limitations of the Surrey United soccer program. Once they do not meet regularly, it is more difficult to compare them.

d) The VMSL is going to the forefront when it comes to technology and social media. Everything will become digitalized (i.e registrations, fines, referee reports, etc), the website will be improved to work in many platforms, and we will have somebody working on virtual social media (i.e. twitter, facebook, instagram, etc).

Campo proposed a $5,000 to have someone working on social media and exposure.

e) All the proposed increases to fees passed. @trece verde was the only one who showed due dilligence and asked questions and requested clarifications. It is the way is supposed to be. However, many were sold with the argument that all prices are going up; therefore we should increase fees. I am very baffled that people accept or fall for these type of arguments so easily.
The goal should always be to lower costs and provide better benefits to players and teams.

f) More money to VMSL teams traveling to BC Provincials and Nationals. (could not beleive how much we spent arguing about this).

g) Realigment of divisions. New format seems more desirable as mixes teams better, but a flaw was found in the wording by one member, so it will only be changed for division 3 and not for division 2. Next year it will be changed again for division 2.

h) Division 3 will have unlimited substitutions now. We argued very strongly against this including @MasterTATA from Snipers, but the majority does not seem to understand that it weakens the VMSL. Essentially now you can play in the VMSL if you do not have a fit team. Just sub everyone at half time. Next time, we should propose to have ice cream on the sidelines, so they can enjoy it when they come to rest at half time.

i) Norvan wanted clarification about vacancies. It was explained to them one more time. According to the rules, Campo gets the promotion.

j) For Masters and U21 changes in the birth date requirements.

k) Election of board members went smoothly. Dino graciously step down so Ruben could come back.

l) Many requested more referees (assistants) for Division 2, but scheduler argued that we do not have enough good referees to cover all games. Ruben got the award as the best referee of the league. We discussed that one of our guys got punched and situation could be prevented with more referees. @trece verde mentioned that one of his guys ended up in the hospital. @gunners complained about the level of refereeing because he has been kicked out too many times.

Overall, a good and productive session. The VMSL is without doubt the best soccer league in the the province. The board is doing a very good job, and I guessed we all are also doing a good job even though we might squabble and argue with each other.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what is the div 1 make up next year so I begin reviewing game tape and tactics against our opponents
You're playing Rinos, Rinos, and Rinos...

Division 3 will have unlimited substitutions now.
To clarify, this is just at halftime. The 5 subs rule still applies to the rest of the game.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're playing Rinos, Rinos, and Rinos...

To clarify, this is just at halftime. The 5 subs rule still applies to the rest of the game.
a- Yes, this correct. Unlimited subs only a half time.
b- GK you seem to have a crystal ball. We already started to watch the videos of your games, Guildford and Blaise's team. You also better get ready for the special game reports. However, this time we even are going to have pre-game reports. It is going to be an entertaining season.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
c) Coquitlam Metro Ford is the winner of most of the awards (i.e. best goaltender, top striker, best coach, MVP). I can see why Surrey United leaves the VMSL. The success of Coquitlam Metro Ford makes evident the limitations of the Surrey United soccer program. Once they do not meet regularly, it is more difficult to compare them.

You are a disrespectful smelly cnut.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you sure you have any idea what you're saying?

Please elaborate.
He's been with the club since '92, that makes him OLD and not computer savvy RF - I would assume @soccerking is referring to the quote in your post but it comes across as he is calling you out.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing on that but that's a different topic best discussed in Yoda's smelling cnuts thread in the Premium Members area.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0