Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs attendance would have been up if you weren't trying to pull off a central park.

Pretty sure I see dezza 4th row far right. Is that std beside him? Weird.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah. If it wasn't at UBC I would probably be there today. Long weekend and it being in the farthest corner of the Greater Vancouver area might be a small issue. Wife and I really liked that area but just couldn't come up with the down payment.

Maybe an area closer to where all the young families are moving to. That would help get families in those empty seats. Grow the game etc.
Do young families seriously buy in the Westside/kits area?
Somewhat assuming that young families would be a good target market for WFC2.

By the way, watched the WFC1 game live yesterday and thought RT was fine. Broke up tons and didn't lose the ball much.
Seattle just closed down the central defensive 3rd of their pitch really really well. Morales and Riviero had no space to do anything once entering the final 3rd. All was pushed wide and every cross cleared. Smart.
Mayor of Wrightville.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's WFC2 crowd:

CFPH0oqUsAAJ_Ha.jpg:large

:eek:
What a setting though. Totally agree on the "miss" as far as location. Surrey is the obvious choice.

Regs- love the avatar. Keeper really caught something special with that shot!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah RT was decent yesterday, even made a couple of nice slips up the park... I rag on him enough that I'll give him credit when its due... that said (you knew it was coming) when Seattle pings the ball around that quickly RT cant even think about chasing it...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
they should tarp off the outer four sections and make it an intimate atmosphere... looks like the novelty has worn off... shocking...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's WFC2 crowd:

CFPH0oqUsAAJ_Ha.jpg:large

:eek:

Just want to point out that nobody appears to be on the pitch, and the benches are empty. The match has clearly not started.

Anyone who has shown up 10+ minutes prior to kickoff at BC Place knows that it looks exactly the same.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And re the location for WFC2 games - are ticket sales really a priority for the club? This is a development team playing out of the WFC headquarters which is currently at UBC. How important is it for them to attract bodies?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You mean it wasn't a sellout on Saturday?

They announced it as a sellout a few days before the game but the game report had the attendance as 21,000 when it is normally 21,500 so I'm not sure what that means. I know there was some season ticket seats that were empty around us, probably people going out of town who could not find someone to give there ticket to. I am sure if they opened the whole stadium up we would have 45,000 just like Seattle and those season ticket holders would of had a lot less trouble giving their tickets away. Dare to dream.:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My question was more or less related to I heard about it being sold out and on Saturday the wife asked about going to the game and I told her it was sold out and so I sent her to the beer store instead.

:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could not think of one good performance on the Caps the other night. Very disappointing to give up an unreal Spring evening for that. Ousted was caught in no-mans land on the first goal...happens to all keeps from time-to-time, but the poor read from our fullbacks that allowed this, and trying to trap offside, was diabolical.

Manneh...that boy needs to have a seat, and maybe moved. The shine has definitely worn off on him.

Don't know what else to say...it's a lot more fun arguing about player performances after they win than when they lose. Especially after a loss like this, where for 60 minutes there was simply no push, and no redeeming qualities to speak of.

RT sucked. So did everyone else in WFC colors.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manneh's best games are when he comes on as a sub with about 30 minutes left. He rarely has a good game as a starter but running at tired defenders he can look good.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We NEED to stop playing Rivero by himself upfront, he works his ass off, for nothing. He gets no support, rarely a through ball, everything is so defensive, yet we rarely counter attack anymore. Last week against the sounders we actually crossed the ball, but to no one. We need a re alignment. Wonder what kind of line up we will see come tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0