Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three games in 8 days is too much so no surprise Whitecaps played poorly.

Robinson is a big liability. He is just not good enough. What he sees in some players is really hard to understand.

Dude, no hugs for you!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Jigsaw

I thought you retired?

:)

Interesting list of alumni, I wonder how many invites they sent out?

Surprised to not see Clarkey, Jinky, or Valente there.

Hopefully Thomo doesn't get electrocuted putting his boots through the signage at BC Place :)

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Jigsaw

I thought you retired?

:)

Interesting list of alumni, I wonder how many invites they sent out?

Surprised to not see Clarkey, Jinky, or Valente there.

Hopefully Thomo doesn't get electrocuted putting his boots through the signage at BC Place :)

How did Harmse make he list over Martin Nash. Are he and Steve fighting?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they were worried Nash would draw too many fans and ruin their intimate 1,000 fans only atmosphere they are creating.Or maybe the fact that he is coaching on the other side of the country had something to do with it. Either way it's Bobby's fault.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL intimate 1,000 fans :)

Smart thinking by the Caps though as they will not have to listen to so many complaints after Thomo drops his first - of many - F bombs... imagine the echo!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
USL back around 2006... he actually played with TFC on a one-day contract or something like that back in the early days of TFC MLS.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The caps have done it again! Another sell out, this time for WFC2. A crowd of 3208 in a stadium that fits 3500 under cover and up to 8500 using the grass... Maybe some one can help with their math... RL?

Anyone make the trek out to UBC? 3200 isn't bad... If they can get strong support from the UBC student body and continue to play on days like today I bet the atmosphere wouldn't be bad, watched a game on youtube a couple weeks ago, can't say the quality was there.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the match.

Mattocks is trying hard, will give him that, but his awkward style and poor technical skills infuriate me. Even worse was that his header was absolutely clinical. Dick.

So was RTs delivery, BTW.

I will also admit to falling asleep shortly after the 1st red. Up till then, bad game, scrappy. Thank fcuk SLC had no finish, how they got in behind is a mystery. Gotta get Rodriguez in, get Kah out.

RL...are you coming around, or is it like me w/ Mattocks, a never-will-appreciate sort of situation?

Seems RT is a polarizing figure for those in the know about the game. For me, as bad as the match was, he was effective in it. He seems to have grown into an effective gnat with a good amount of bite. The bite was lacking before last year, and to me, a huge missing component to his game. If he can do more of what he did to set-up that goal, he'll turn a lot of people around.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tend to consider RT as this generation's Paul Stalteri - a player who we all witnessed being played in a role that isn't exactly suited for him (Stalteri on the MNT was plugged into the middle of the park but was really a natural left/right back).

Or maybe this generation's Bobbaduzzi - derided solely because he was Canadian and seemed one level below what his teammates were.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, not sure. I suppose untill Gershon or anyone else takes away his spot (it's his now) and does it better, I'm not so sure it is one level below what his teammates are...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see RT talking a lot in the huddle these days (With guys listening) and seems to be taking, and been given, leadership status.

He's also more polished in interviews these days I find.

Seems the Caps, at various levels, want him in that kind of role, for whatever reasons.

I have respected his work rate out there lately, and yes, his cross to Mattocks was fcuking brilliant, as was the finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0