Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2015 Presidents Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCFCUnited10

Oct 28, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough one to take losing in the final again after another poor final performance from us. consistent all year again only to fall at the finish line. Congrats to sparta, deserving winners like the Dynamo last year.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the final score? I left at 4-nil.

This was the first time I've ever watched either team play.

IMO, the Westcoast defending was atrocious on the opening 3 goals. A free header (well taken) from a set piece on the 1st, #11 letting the ball bounce and the edge of the box, letting the Sparta player pick it up to then knock in the cross for the 2nd goal, and on the 3rd, no challenge by anyone from the corner kick at the far post, leading to the ball being nodded down to an open man inside the 6 yard box to tap it in. The fourth was a simply a nice strike from my vantage point.

Sparta by far the more dangerous team, as Westcoast seemed to struggle to create much of anything going forward. How they didn't manage to test that CB pairing of Sparta amazed me.

I'll give Westcoast one thing though, their travelling support was very strong, and entertaining!

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta 5 - 1 Westcoast United. We played a disciplined game, and age/experience came out ahead. We all know Westcoast is a great team, and if they hit the net on a few headers in the first half, the game couldve been different. That being said, we knew that their defence could be taken advantage of. We also knew about their quick players upfront and the long ball over the top. We just backed off and attacked the ball and won almost every header. We also tackled harder. We finished, and they didn't. It can happen to any team. Hats off to them for not quitting and being rewarded with a great goal.
Kudos to our clubmate R-Tee and to C4L for having our back. Why anyone would predict the div 3 team over the top div 2 team is beyond me.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with Zidane, we couldn't finish in the first half and had about the worst game we have ever had defensively. We beat Sparta very convincingly in last years quarter final with a much weaker team then we have this year. It just wasn't our day, we'll come back with a stronger side again next year in div 2 and try again. They deserved the win and I hope they don't move up so we don't see them anymore.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with Zidane, we couldn't finish in the first half and had about the worst game we have ever had defensively. We beat Sparta very convincingly in last years quarter final with a much weaker team then we have this year. It just wasn't our day, we'll come back with a stronger side again next year in div 2 and try again. They deserved the win and I hope they don't move up so we don't see them anymore.
Last year we went up 2-0 after 15 mins. However, like we did against most teams in lower divisions, we pressed and had our d-line up to center. You guys wisely kicked the ball over our heads and used your speed. That game was a 3-4 finish for you guys, so we knew that you guys can be suspect at the back. All we did this year was sit back and attack the long ball with our heads. A simple change, but very effective. Surprised your goalie kept kicking the ball down the field instead of rolling it out. Oh, and we didn't want to lose to the young guys two years in a row! That's the real reason why we won - we wanted it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0