Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base, what gives you the impression that the picks will have impact?

Try the Colorado Rapids who made the playoffs on the back of outstanding performances by 2013 Superdraft Picks Deshorn Brown and Dillon Powers.

2011: Kofi Sarkodie went 7th to Houston, has 50 games in 3 seasons and is an average squad player. Caps had Salgado first overall.

You realize he started 33/34 games for yet another playoff team? "average squad player" would be more befitting of someone like Matt Watson.

In those 3 drafts the Caps had higher picks than 7th, with only Mattocks having any relevant impact, and for only one brief spell...the guys at 7 have been average at best, except DeLeon, who has been on a VERY bad team.

What makes you think it's different this year?

While I agree the Caps have been below average at drafting, there are definitely useful players that can be drafted with the 3rd and 7th overall picks. With the state of the current team, they need to be drafting players that can step in and play useful minutes NOW. No more "project" players.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza I saw many college games of div one. It is clear that not all the best players are at that combine. It's more who do you know to get there. Best player in my opinion is a guy by the last name Willson. He is not at that combine. He could step in at more that sixty minutes a game. Cope the same. Caps have to take care of D this time around. Club must get way more tougher to be played against. If the player is a project from College all it means club managment is out to lunch. There was a right D on Penn state that could standup to anybody in this league.
Club can get a second keeper in later rounds with out any problem. As far as a striker Bob needs to talk to Miller from Edmonton. They have guy that would fit with out a problem. See if I head anything to do with the club Mattocks would bring in guy like Camilo in a trade. Both would be happy. Things are not as bad as people think. We just have to understand that todays players are noth worth shyt when it comes to loyal to club who drafts them.
What's that little thing that shaves hair with out plucking. Now days guy are more into them selves. Soccer is a second best thing.
We will still beat TFC. Portland on the other side is a ?????. Sixteenth is almost here. We'll see if the old man still has in him what it takes. Abraham's Sarah got pregnet in her ninties, it's all possible if one stops and thinks for a minute or two.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude - agreed- my consistency comment on Manneh wasn't meant to be derogatory to him, but to the Caps. He was underused for the brilliance in small chunks we saw.

@dezza - I wasn't aware he started that many games, so it looks to be that this guy had a "rough" (I get it, young guy/tough league- they all need time to develop) year/2 and got his wind last season. I stand corrected. My point still stands that Base is going on about finding starting CB's and other defenders with the 7th pick, it doesn't happen often- even if this draft is supposed to be good and deep for defenders, and at minimum the draft picks at that position likely won't help nor contribute big time this year, likely even next year..

@Mr Base you talk about best players at the combine aren't the best players from NCAA- of course not, if they don't come out for the draft they don't go to combine. The NCAA has some nasty rules about that stuff...you then go on about the club not taking on a college project and then state the right back from penn state could stand up to anyone in this league. Don't post for postings sake ffs. You sound like a broken record with this tripe...and then you go on about "later rounds" you understand the Superdraft is a two round draft right? Also, you think trading Mattocks will bring in a Camillo? you do realize Camillo just won goden boot right? These guys don't grow on trees and they're names in recent past has only been Camillo and Wondolowski in this league.

We will still beat TFC. Portland on the other side is a ?????. Sixteenth is almost here. We'll see if the old man still has in him what it takes. Abraham's Sarah got pregnet in her ninties, it's all possible if one stops and thinks for a minute or two.

this is just....wow.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do the Caps even want to draft a CB with O'Brien, Mitchell, and Leveron in the squad? Potentially add DeMerit to the mix and it seems pointless... That said, if Birnbaum slides to #3 it would be hard to pass him up. Even if we don't use him he could be good trade bait.

The ideal (and realistic) picks I see for the Caps would be Pedro Ribeiro (CM) #3 and Eric Miller (RB) #7

Ribeiro is a 6'4", 210lbs centre midfield with great touch, vision, and scoring abilities. The ONLY knock against him is that he takes up an international spot

Eric Miller is a US U-20 regular and since he's leaving school early is a Generation Adidas and would not count against the salary cap.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny guys I was talking about are all seniors in College. Check it out. Willson is going to be sighned by someone this year. I hope Bob grabs the young mane. Camilo is not Wandolowski. Wandolovski is a proven player. Camilo just started. He has got long ways to go to be the same standard as Wandolowski. I do know super draft is two rounds. What I should have posted for you is, Caps should grab Willson in first three guys they add to this side. Cope should be number one if he is avelable. Proven defender in College. It realy does not matter who they take in as a second player from that group of guys. Some will work out some not. It's just luck of draw.
As far as Mattacks there is four five clubs that would grab that guy ASAP. It all matters if Bob is willing to part with him. See I would part with him because young man is not happy in this city. He spoke out clear, for all to hear.
Backup keeper should be addad just before season starts. I would give a kid from reserves a shot. There is no reason for reseve program if kids get no chance. You can always get an old keeper in case at later date.. What can I say about Erick Miller if you do not draft that guy you must lack few marbles.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza I am glad Bob is not going out thre and throwing money like Tooronto. Guy from Barcklay is was a good player. Remember he will not have same ball sevice from Toronto guys. Future of this club depends on draft days. If Bob and Robbo get few good players in round one to round seven. This club can and will push forward. Kids like Eric Miller, Steve Birnbaum, Kyle Ventrer, Aj Cochrane, Christian Dean, Luca Ganzalez, Jamie Iberra ,Aj Corrado, Michael Mercado, Nick Haglund, Tomislav Zandro,Pedro Ribero, Martin Seiler,George Fochie, Rafael Diaz would fit this club. Any of these kids will only improve the Caps. I have wached about fifty sixty college game this last year. Guys that show to play each game are needed.
Bob is smarter than lots of guys give him credit. Spends little and does OK. One or two points from playoffs. In my opinion we will have a better club this year than last year. Younger players head a year to learn how to play in MLS.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sources confirmed to ESPNFC.com that the saga surrounding want-away Vancouver striker Camilo Sanvezzo is nearing its end, and that the Whitecaps are set to sell the reigning Golden Boot holder to Liga MX outfit Queretaro for a transfer fee estimated to be in seven figures.

Who gets the transfer fee? MLS or the committee?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reading the darkside forum it seems nobody knows for sure but it sounds like the Caps would get $650,000 in allocation money plus maybe some extra money that can go to non roster player things like the accademy or water front stadiums.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Usually in any player transfer the club gets the lions share and the player gets a fee also, this is usually negotiated as part of a contract. This differs in MLS due to their being a single entity league. For instance instead of Liverpool and Chelsea owning FA-Registered contracts of players in the Premier League, Vancouver and TFC's players have contracts registered with USSF/CSA, and the contracts are between the MLS(league) and the Players.

Also for instance, Luis Suarez during his last contract negotiation could have hypothetically put in a sell-on clause in his contract stating that if he's sold for 0-5 Million pounds he's entitled to 10%, and 5M+ he's entitled to 15%, and often times players will negotiate minimum sell on clauses so that they can take advantage of these clauses.

For Instance Camillo might have negotiated (via his agent) that he gets a 10% share of transfer fees paid and that a minimum sell-on clause is triggered with a bid of $4M USD. So if any club in the world registers a $4M transfer bid for him, VWFC/MLS has no choice but to pull the trigger on the deal and if Camillo and his agent then agree a new contract with that team, he gets his new contract as well as $400k (10%) of the deal to share with his agent.

IIRC the MLS and the MLS Club share the transfer money 50/50... thus in this hypothetical scenario Camillo would be due $400k and the Caps and MLS would share 50/50 the remaining $3.6M dollars, meaning each would end up with $1.8M

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny forget who gets what we lost a dam good player. In next three days we will see where all this will go. i personaly think a guy from PG would be better than what the heck club has done latley. If they screw up on draft day we will be lough of the league. I truly hope Caps don't add a keeper in first three guys in superdraft. Some where later is OK. Seventh pick is ok by me.
MLS will make more money than anybody with the rights to transfer fees. I think that's a serious joke. Clubs pays millions to play in the dam league. There should be no money going to league as players transfer. Only a set fee for paper work.
Roumer is Caps are getting someone from Scottland for next season. We'll see if there is any throuth to that. Guy like Irishman in the back would fit in well.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone please tell me Rob Friend was at least explored for signing here?

Not a world beater by any stretch but he is Canadian and a BC boy as well - good enough for LAG FFS! :banghead:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
See Johnny life is borring in P/ hood. Caps will be fine. Today they will add young guys for future. Just the same way as you did when you were a youngster. We all must have strong hopes. With out the hope it is all negative. For most all the guys post nergative responses.
Do you think Bob want's to have shyty team. No way, he was a plumber in soccer but he came to play every game and did more than all the local guys put together. Played over seas and in the old MSL. Today he is trying with Robbo to make this club better. Kids like Camilo deseve kick in the nuts and nothing more. Rob Friend took off to LA to play. He was one of the guys that got shafted before he went to Norway. That's the reason he want's nothing to do with Vancouver. Good guy comes from good parents. We need youth forget guys thirty three years old. It takes two three years but at the end you have club for future. Johnny maple leaf is butiful. Home for all of us. Bit more NDP and we all would get along better.

Last edited:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See Johnny life is borring in P/ hood. Caps will be fine. Today they will add young guys for future. Just the same way as you did when you were a youngster. We all must have strong hopes. With out the hope it is all negative. For most all the guys post nergative responses.
Do you think Bob want's to have shyty team. No way, he was a plumber in soccer but he came to play every game and did more than all the local guys put together. Played over seas and in the old MSL. Today he is trying with Robbo to make this club better. Kids like Camilo deseve kick in the nuts and nothing more. Rob Friend took off to LA to play. He was one of the guys that got shafted before he went to Norway. That's the reason he want's nothing to do with Vancouver. Good guy comes from good parents. We need youth forget guys thirty three years old. It takes two three years but at the end you have club for future. Johnny maple leaf is butiful. Home for all of us. Bit more NDP and we all would get along better.

oh boy

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Natural Domestic Players
New Defending Players
Non Duzzi Players

I could agree with any of that.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDP - New Dominat Players as needed and all of us would have somthing posative to say. I just hope Robbo does not take Blake as one of the first picks. Dean an Brinbaum will be one two they are both powerfull players. It remains to be seen who Robo and Bob take. Maybe Eric Miller, at least he will not run and sighn in Mexico.
Kyle Venter is the guy I would take as number one pick. One heck of a solid player. Zandro if avalable as a mifielder. Big strong guy smart on the ball. Good on set plays, dominant in air balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0