Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Western Canadian Men's Masters/Women's Classics Tournament Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF? You mean the Callies didn't win? I had the mortgage on them and on Larsson eating several water bottles while doing his waterboy duties for the Callies. FFS

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Smallesy make it back next year so we have another crack at you guys cause you will not get that lucky again. But FairPlay to you lot all you needed was a draw and you got. We Will address our goalscoring maybe a comeback might be in order. Congrats to Westside!!!!

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
And it's done. Excuse me lads while I bask in this shite for a bit. League, League Cup, Provincials and Westerns. Conversation was going around if anyone had won all four and no-one thought it had been done. Sir M? Regs?

It was a battle. First game we beat MB 2-1...they just wouldn't go away but the result was never really in doubt. We realized after watching AB beat SK that it wasn't going to be about goals.
That night, a few bevvies in the industrial wasteland and back to the hotel and Gallery bar. All the teams were there. AB were really keen on themselves and in no time told me how shite we were....our midfield was slow and they were world beaters. A wee bit of a skirmish, some other Cally lads saying how shite we were and the football gods paying attention.
By the way, Larsson was the class of the squad...jumped in the middle of the shite...and calmed the rubbish down.
Next day, after a ton of crown royal, we faced SK and beat them 3 buzz, settled in with a few hairs of the dog and watched AB shite the bed against MB. Zeros.
Down to today. Started 4-4-2 and first half was even I thought. Second half, they started pushing and we needed to adjust. To be fair, Calgary deserved better in the 2nd half but like I said earlier, the football gods paid attention. NEVER slag a team before you play them.
Calgary needed a goal, but didn't get it. It was a battle. We played a younger team who were just finishing their season and in good shape and we're just finding our feet.

Boban was MASSIVE today. Won everything and to the wee guy up front for Calgary who told me how good he was and how bad we were.....you were outclassed and lost that battle. At one point, a guy turned Pearsy hit one off the post, it spun across our goal line and hit the other post and went out. I've never seen anything like that.

Smallstuff, Petts, Pearsy, Bobski, Wicks, Dickie...all the lads and I'm now too knackered to continue. An absolute pleasure and what an accomplishment!! Git in ya dancer!!!!

And Conductor; thanks for not predicting!

To our SU girls; Excellent tournament! I believe they got silver. 5th tie breaker they lost it on if I'm not mistaken and lost it in the last couple of minutes against AB.

Cheers boys. BC! Back to back.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallesy make it back next year so we have another crack at you guys cause you will not get that lucky again. But FairPlay to you lot all you needed was a draw and you got. We Will address our goalscoring maybe a comeback might be in order. Congrats to Westside!!!!

next year? i can't think past tomorrow right now. 43 yr old bones might just call it after a season for the ages.

i echo DB's sentiments. an honour and a priviledge to play alongside and win trophies with so many great footballers over the last dozen years.
snedd's was all class this weekend and i tip my hat, (i don't say that lightly). callies are an excellent team and were unlucky not to find a winner. they will be a tough team to beat in years to come.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And it's done. Excuse me lads while I bask in this shite for a bit. League, League Cup, Provincials and Westerns. Conversation was going around if anyone had won all four and no-one thought it had been done. Sir M? Regs?

It was a battle. First game we beat MB 2-1...they just wouldn't go away but the result was never really in doubt. We realized after watching AB beat SK that it wasn't going to be about goals.
That night, a few bevvies in the industrial wasteland and back to the hotel and Gallery bar. All the teams were there. AB were really keen on themselves and in no time told me how shite we were....our midfield was slow and they were world beaters. A wee bit of a skirmish, some other Cally lads saying how shite we were and the football gods paying attention.
By the way, Larsson was the class of the squad...jumped in the middle of the shite...and calmed the rubbish down.
Next day, after a ton of crown royal, we faced SK and beat them 3 buzz, settled in with a few hairs of the dog and watched AB shite the bed against MB. Zeros.
Down to today. Started 4-4-2 and first half was even I thought. Second half, they started pushing and we needed to adjust. To be fair, Calgary deserved better in the 2nd half but like I said earlier, the football gods paid attention. NEVER slag a team before you play them.
Calgary needed a goal, but didn't get it. It was a battle. We played a younger team who were just finishing their season and in good shape and we're just finding our feet.

Boban was MASSIVE today. Won everything and to the wee guy up front for Calgary who told me how good he was and how bad we were.....you were outclassed and lost that battle. At one point, a guy turned Pearsy hit one off the post, it spun across our goal line and hit the other post and went out. I've never seen anything like that.

Smallstuff, Petts, Pearsy, Bobski, Wicks, Dickie...all the lads and I'm now too knackered to continue. An absolute pleasure and what an accomplishment!! Git in ya dancer!!!!

And Conductor; thanks for not predicting!

To our SU girls; Excellent tournament! I believe they got silver. 5th tie breaker they lost it on if I'm not mistaken and lost it in the last couple of minutes against AB.

Cheers boys. BC! Back to back.

Now DB I believe you might the first to win back to back masters next year when you throw on the navy top

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
DB I think you are the first out of the VMSL to do this, but Rangers may have done it out of the FVSL in the past? Coach or RF may know...M.

Congrats!

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would the Alberta team be favoured that got beat by a BC team that had ten men in last year's final?

To be fair we will be favorites for the next 5 years atleast only thing that beat us will be ourselves 2 years in a row that has happened. That will not happen again

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair we will be favorites for the next 5 years at least only thing that beat us will be ourselves 2 years in a row that has happened. That will not happen again.

i guess the edmonton victoria lads didn't get this memo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0