Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Senior Girls High School Soccer

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well....we didn't play as well as the first game we had against Burnsview and with half the team in "awe" of them and the other half busting their hump we still managed to lose 3-0......no talking amongst our back line lead to their first goal an "own" goal was their second and very loose marking lead to the third goal midway through the second half. For as great as they think,they are good...not great. We on the other hand produced almost nothing in the way of offence..as one of my best offensive threats was sitting on the sidelines...yes...my daughter who is in grade 9 has scored most of the teams goals this year and my other threat I had to use in midfield as I tried to frustrate Burnsview by taking a cue from Elgins book and playing 4-5-1....worked great for 15 minutes...anyway...on to the backdoor game with Carney....no more "hand of god" goal this time I hope.

Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky, Scottyshell, and good luck against Carney.

South Delta 2 Earl Marriott 0 - It was a very competitive game which was 0 - 0 at the half. We had a free-kick rattle of the post about 15 minutes in and then created two half-chances the first half. We managed to keep Earl Marriott of the score sheet in the first half despite them having three players who didn't play against us last time be quite dangerous at times. In the second half we captialized on a nice little build-up which was culminated with a delicate chip from the corner of the 18 yard box. We then scored on a 'weak' goal which went though a maze of players past a goalie who was screened. On to seaquam who continued their impressive form by beating Fleetwood 1- 0. There was very little in between our teams last time and I know they have one player in particular who didn't face us last time. I'm guessing it will be another close game like today. They are coached/organized well and obviously have a bit more of a threat now with their addition. The winner moves on to Provincials and the loser will have two more cracks to get in there........

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great job Captain. EMS was tricky. Any win is a good win at this point.

We on the other hand were gutted to have followed up a great performance at Best with an average performance against Tweedmsuir. We went in missing two of our better CM's. As a result, we were tired and a little slow on the ball. We did manage to score early and things were looking good. We had most of the ball but they countered with an incredibly fast forward and left winger. They got one on a mix-up with our CB and keeper to tie it before half.

In the second half we had the better chances. One of the post and another off the bar.

Off to OT and we gave up another garbage goal midway through the 1st OT. We pushed to a 3-4-3 for the last 7 and generated a few good through balls but only ever really got one half-chance.

Really disappointed to lose as we were really that win away from making provincials (assuming Fleetwood had won). Now we are travelling to Centennial. Another really good team and we only have 11 without our starting CB and 2 CM's again.

It looks like we are on the way out. But who knows.

Even if we do get knocked out, it was a good bounce back season as we did it with no grade 12's, 3 grade 11's and everybody else in grades 8, 9 and 10. We should be good for the next 3-4 years and challenging for provincials each and everyone one.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, Titan4life. We were in exactly the same situation two years ago only having one 12 and 2 11s and the rest was a junior team so I know it's tough.....but the experience appears to have helped for last year and so far this year. This is the first time we've ever played back to back opponents from our own league in the qualification....at least that I remember. I know it's going that either team is capable of winning. Unlucky with today's result too, T4life. It's difficult enough playing Centennial with a full team let alone 11, with a couple of usual starters missing. Great job with the girls this year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 3 Seaquam 0 - Our girls were very determined today to earn that Provincial berth......for the 11th straight year. It is the longest in the Province at the moment and I know the girls really wanted to do this today, rather than Wednesday/Thursday. We were dictating the pace for the majority of the game and managed to scored a minute before half-time, which I think deflated Seaquam a little bit. We were very stingy when it came to giving up chances and managed two more goals with about 18 and 12 minutes left. I'm VERY proud of the girls as they managed to keep another clean sheet......14 out of 18 games now. Giving up 4 goals in 18 games is something they should be very happy with. We now play Panorama for the Fraser Valley Championship in a repeat of last year's final. We have a very competitive league game against PR and I expect the final to be no different.

Let's go Devils!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Captain....can't say we had the same luck today.

Screwed by the man in the middle wearing yellow....now before you go saying...you can't blame the ref...read on.
We had this same guy last week and were lucky not to have any kids injured due to all the "non" calls coming from the guy who let Pitt take shots from behind after the ball was gone all game with no cards shown.
So..with that in mind...we went down one on a long floater that our "non" goalie miss judged...bad goal. We got that one back mid way through the half only to have a penalty shot called on a tackle that anywhere else on the field was "play on" Girl hits the post only to have two of my kids miss kick the ball and another of their players sinks it...down 2-1 at the half. During the later part of the first half my sweeper notices a "sliding" scab comes off during a clearance and calls to the ref she is bleeding....play on,you can sub when the ball goes out....2 mins later one of their players calls to the ref that our sweeper's knee is bleeding..."tweet"...coach you need to sub...Wha????? Didn't my player already tell you?????
Second half goes back and forth with chances by both teams with us looking for the even up when my center back knocks a ball back to our forwards only to be blindsided,while off balance from the kick and lands head first then shoulder,hip into the grass...she's doesn't get up...this is my other daughter....there is no whisle for a foul....what the fu.k!!! Finally he realizes this player is really hurt and stops play...I'm already half way out to center not giving to craps what he's blowing.....game on hold for 30 mins while Coquitlam fire and BC Ambulance load her on to a stretcher wearing a neck brace as she was complaining of severe neck pain/head ache and inner ear pain...thankfully the wife had the day off and was at the game as she took the ride with my daughter to the hospital. The whole time the ref is trying to talk to me and I do understand he doesn't want to see anu kids hurt but he wasn't doing anything to prove that wrong on this day or on the previous Monday at Pitt. The man is to old for Senior games...to far away from the play.
Anyhow...game restarts with 21 mins left to play...HE GIVES US A FREE KICK...but no card shown????? We mange to notch a beauty into the top right corner on a scramble at the 18 ...2-2...15 mins to go...but wait...another 50/50 in our box gets cleared cleanly by my "new" center back only to have their player fall over my gals back foot...tweet...another penalty shot....ya gotta be kidding me....3-2...we then ran out of steam....they got another "bad" goal off a scramble from a corner kick late to make the final 4-2....I call it a "bad" goal because the scramble was between their girls as to who was going to put the ball into the net. Truly sucks when you lose your best players to bad injuries that might not happen if the game is not let get out of control. Especially when those kids are your own!
Good news is that my daughter has a bad muscle strain in her neck that should ease in a couple days...that will give her some couch time and let her black eye from last week verse Burnview clear up. As for the youngest,she and I are hitting UBC Sports Med tomorrow for their assessment of her knee.....humph...my wife wants them to quick that stupid game and take up dance.....not in my lifetime!!

Cheers!

keeper13

Feb 11, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did not know Whistle Blower was doing high school games. Hope the kids get healthy soon HPL try outs are coming up

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell, been there before and know exactly what you're talking about. :( Unlucky and the injuries are terrible when they all hit at once. :( I'm sure you had a good enough team to make Provincials if everyone was healthy and available. Hopefully your daughter is doing okay. :(

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Captain......my daughters injury turned out to be that of whiplash like muscle strain...she wouldn't have played today if we had won. I have no doubt we could've made the provincials had we not sustained the injuries or even the illness of our lone grade 12 striker in a key game against Surrey Christian...oh well. Next year will be interesting. Burnsview 2-0 winners over Sands today meaning they'll be going for their 3rd BC crown in a row...Good luck in your up coming game.

Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 1 Panorama Ridge 2 - first loss this year.....we gave up a goal in the first minute......not a great start and they went up 2 - 0 at the half. We were much better in the second half and managed to pull one back with 18 minutes left and pressed but couldn't tie it up. PR is a good team now that they have all their players...Whitecaps and Provincial players. They will be a very tough team to beat at the Provincials BUT I do know we can compete with them and now we have seen their whole team so it will be easier to prepare for them if we meet again in Provincials. Congrats to Panorama on winning the Fraser Valley Championship. They definitely deserved it on the day based on their first half performance.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great season Captain!

Must be disappointing to lose in the final however you did qualify for an 11th straight berth at Provincials, and 2nd is still very impressive.

Good luck at provincials.

Well done to PR. Not only did they win the Sr. Valleys, but they also knocked off our Elgin Jr team to play in the final on Tuesday. With a win, they would pull of the Valley double. Not sure this has ever been done before (at least not in the last 5-10 years).

Congrats to everyone on their seasons. Way to keep on coaching and providing your girls with the opportunity to represent their school.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, Titan4life, it has been a really good season for the girls so far and we certainly have as good a chance as 5 or 6 other schools to win the Provincials. Of course, you always need some luck along the way but we will see soon enough.

Actually, Titan4life, our school won the Senior and Junior double last year....which was a shocker.

As for PR, they were the better team in the first half and that was the difference. Now let's hope that being a FV 2 gets an 'easier' draw.....as it has sometimes in the past. :D

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the Provincials Draw for next week.....Group C is DEFINITELY the Group of Death.....

http://fleetwood2012.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/FPSS-Schedule2.pdf

Good luck to everyone involved. Let's go, Devils!

I don't know much about a lot of the teams, but it looks like you got a really good group. I could see you rolling through that one and winning the group. Definitely should be a top 4 or at the least a top 8 showing.

I see the south zone in the valley doing really well this year. SD and Panorama could both win their groups and Seaquam could pose some problems (a top 12 isn't unrealistic).

Good luck to everyone. Hope to be there again next year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan4life, definitely won't roll through the group but I do like a group a little better than Panorama's group...having said that, they will get through their group if they are all there, which they should be. We hope to get through ours but there will be no easy games.....there rarely are in the Provincials....and we hope that all the Group C teams take lots out of each other. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Panorama Ridge who won the title convincingly winning all of their games.....they were the best team there and deserved to be champions. Well done!

We crapped the bed. There is nothing else to say except we made mistakes we hadn't made at all during the season and we picked a bad time to miss a lot of good opportunities. We also had our first red card ever.....which was the right call and that was for a penalty in a 1 - 0 loss to Belmont. The officiating was VERY good in most of the games. Well done to Angelo for getting good quality refs out to the tournament.

Looking to next year.......we lose 11 grade 12s so we will have to regroup and see if we can go for 12 in a row........Go Devils!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0