Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Senior Girls High School Soccer

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it the key phrase....."exploiting that relationship"..????

We had the BC Catholic tourney this week hosted by Carney.....did not fair as well as last year with what I thought was a better team. Injuries to key players and players playing hurt was our undoing. We finshed 6th out of 8 but only had 1 goal scored on us during the run of play. All others were corners or free kicks....there was even a "hand of god" scored on us......more later.

Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's too bad, Scottyshell. :( It goes to show though that a team always needs some luck to get to the next stage of competitions and we are going to need some over the next few weeks with the Valleys coming up after two very difficult league games against Panorama Ridge and Delta.

Your season isn't over yet, is it, Scottyshell?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 1 Panorama Ridge 1 - A very competitive game today out at Winskill. Panorama is a very good team which has a Provincial level goal(actually she is also in the Whitecaps set up too) and a couple of Provincial players. Unfortunately for us, our starting goalie was injured DURING warm-up stopping a shot one minute before the start of the game.......Long story short.....the back-up goalie had great difficult with a rolling ball towards her and slid out knee/shin first rebounding the ball to an opponent who was about 5 yards away....and she slotted past defenders who were trying to cover the mistake. Good stuff. We were up 1 - 0 when this happened with 15 minutes to go. Anyway, it was a very evenly played game and Panorama will be a team fighting for the Provincial title at the end of the day........we could be too as long as these injuries don't continue to mount up......starting centre back done for the next two weeks due to some compartment something or other.......and the goalie....starting right back limped off with 10 minutes to go. We do have a big squad so we will have to rely on them it appears......

Go Devils! Massive game on Wednesday against arch-rivals Delta Secondary in Ladner.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain....no,season is not over yet although after todays game....I think we will struggle as I found out this morning our goalie seperated her shoulder while working with her goalie training coach on the weekend. We lost our second league game today to Surrey Christian 2-1 as they got goals on miscues between our backup goalie (never played goal before) and sweeper. We were missing two starters...one to strep throat and the other a possible torn MCL. We now play Sands on Thursday in our final league game...then start Fraser Valleys on Monday. We'll see where we stand...I think our side of the league is stronger as Carney is leading the North and they scored the "hand of god" against us last week in a game that could gone the other way. Good Luck!

Cheers!

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seaquam 3 - Elgin 0

Played a poor first half and deserved to be down. 1 nice passing play against us after we had hit the crossbar at the other end. Then two brutal goals allowed of corners. We were the better team in the second half and by the end at 4 bars/posts but couldn't get it done. We deserved to lose as we played poorly and that might have just been the nail in the coffin for our season. We are a good young team, but just don't have the consistency.

Now we need a BIG win against ND, and then a little luck. If the soccer gods like us, we might sneak in as the 4th seed from the south....and then anything is possible.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like a certain men's team you are part of, maybe you are a black cloud!

No...the men's team could never field more than 12...even though we had 31 players signed (is that a record??)

Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 0 South Delta 4 - Despite having quite a different lineup from our big game against Panorama Ridge(right back had to play in goal and 1 of the four defenders starting today), the girls put in a great second half to pull away. We were up 1 - 0 at the half and did a wonderful job nullifying any attempted 'attacks' by Delta. They were resorting to route one but our back four was up to the challenge. We played some really nice stuff in the second half and scored on two corner kicks again. We will finish the league at least tied for first with Panorama Ridge who has to finish their schedule tomorrow. Fortunately we have one less goal against and that is the tie-breaker in league play.

Off to the seedings meeting on Friday which is always nice to see the other coaches we don't see that often. Go Devils!

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elgin 5 - ND 0

Could have been a lot more if we finished our chances. Knocked it around well and deserved the win.

Sitting in 4th and a spot in the Valleys now, but if Delta forfeits to Seaquam as I heard they will today then we are screwed and can't make it without an upset over Panorama. I find it really frustrating and unfair that a forfeit in another game may cost us a chance at the valleys.

I would argue that even a 5th place team in the South is much more deserving of a spot in the Valleys (even if it is as a 16th seed) rather than a winless team who has given up 20+ goals in only 3 games. A zone should not get 4 berths if they only have 4 teams. The south has the most, so why not send an extra team.

I'd make this argument even if we were 7th or 1st. A bit frustrated. Maybe the powers that be will look into it.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finished our regular season today on a high note...1-0 over Sands. With only two subs (of which,one has strep throat???)managed to hold off a mostly senior team who moved the ball around pretty good but lacked finish. We on the other hand should've had an early goal in the second half but our forward walked in and put a shot over the bar from 10 yards out. Our goal came from an unlikely source as the girl was playing on outside left (usual spot is outside right) got fed a great through ball and just before she got checked let a low shot go that beat Sands goalie (not her usual position according to my girls). But hey..we'll take the points giving us third place....meaning we will be travelling to face #2 on the North which could be Pitt.Anyways..good luck to everyone.

Cheers!

ps:the girl on my team with the torn MCL is my youngest daughter and is out for 2-3 months...shitty!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to hear that, Scottshell. Hopefully your daughter recovers quickly.

The Fraser Valley Tournament starts tomorrow with the following games.

Tuesday, May 8th#1 (1 vs 16)South DeltaLangley Winskill Park Turf
#2 (8 vs 9)
Earl MarriottClayton Heights South Surrey Athletic Turf
#3 (5 vs 12) Fleetwood ParkTerry Fox Newton Athletic Turf
#4 (4 vs 13) CentennialSeaquamCoquitlam Town Centre
#5 (3 vs 14) Panorama RidgeRiverside Newton Athletic Turf
#6 (6 vs 11) Queen ElizabethSardis Queen Elizabeth Secondary
#7 (7 vs 10) Lord TweedsmuirNorth Surrey Cloverdale Athletic Park #3
#8 (2 vs 15) Charles BestElgin ParkCharles Best Secondary Turf

I think the only two upsets might be North Surrey and Elgin Park........I hope........

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First round done....our side of the AA Division won all four contests....Lucky for us we get to play Burnsview next. Tough game against Pitt today which saw us up quickly 3-0 then thought we could coast....nada...Pitt got one back before half then scored again early in the second. Only wish we had a stronger man in yellow today as there were some pretty brutal tackles that have warranted cards in other games but not today? Lucky for both teams nobody got seriously hurt.Anyways...good luck tomorrow Captain....

Cheers!

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snuck in to valleys with a 9-0 trouncing of LA Matheson in a play in game.

Followed that up with a great outing today vs #2 Charles Best. We played a 4-5-1 and plugged up the middle. Defended well all first half without really giving up a chance. Made a few tweaks and took a 1-0 lead 10 mins into the 2nd off a corner. Got a sloppy but hard working one with 10 to go. The had a pk and missed. They scored late and had a free kick from 20 at the final whistle, but we hung on.

Elgin 2 Best 1

On to round 2!!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, Titan4life.....nice win! Now you have your full roster which makes you a legitimate contender. Well done again.

Our game wasn't so close.......Langley played with 8 players for the first 25 minutes.....:( then played with 10 the rest of the game......:(

We now play a good Earl Marriott team who we had a very competitive game against in league play. It will be a battle to see who moves on to the semi-finals.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also....Centennial lost to Seaquam today in another big upset in penalty kicks.......All five teams from our league won our games and all 4 teams from the usually strong North zone lost.

#1 (1 vs 16)South DeltaLangley Winskill Park Turf 9-0
#2 (8 vs 9)
Earl MarriottClayton Heights South Surrey Athletic Turf 2-1
#3 (5 vs 12) Fleetwood ParkTerry Fox Newton Athletic Turf 3-0
#4 (4 vs 13) CentennialSeaquamCoquitlam Town Centre 0-1 PK
#5 (3 vs 14) Panorama RidgeRiverside Newton Athletic Turf 1-0
#6 (6 vs 11) Queen ElizabethSardis Queen Elizabeth Secondary 1-3
#7 (7 vs 10) Lord TweedsmuirNorth Surrey Cloverdale Athletic Park #3 4-2
#8 (2 vs 15) Charles BestElgin ParkCharles Best Secondary Turf 1-2

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, Titan4life.....nice win! It must be nice having a couple of the Whitecaps girls playing again. I know Ambrose is a handful for anyone at this level. Now you have your full roster which makes you a legitimate contender with the complement of young players too. Well done again

In fact Ambrose didn't play and will no longer play. The other whitecap we could have never registered. Therefore we just won based on sure heart and great defending. That's how we need to keep playing. If we do...I like our odds on Thursday.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First round done....our side of the AA Division won all four contests....Lucky for us we get to play Burnsview next. Tough game against Pitt today which saw us up quickly 3-0 then thought we could coast....nada...Pitt got one back before half then scored again early in the second. Only wish we had a stronger man in yellow today as there were some pretty brutal tackles that have warranted cards in other games but not today? Lucky for both teams nobody got seriously hurt.Anyways...good luck tomorrow Captain....

Cheers!

Well done, Scottyshell. Good luck against Burnsview. They are certainly a tough physical team with some dangerous players.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fact Ambrose didn't play and will no longer play. The other whitecap we could have never registered. Therefore we just won based on sure heart and great defending. That's how we need to keep playing. If we do...I like our odds on Thursday.

Awesome work! I'm sure the girls and the coaches were happy with that win. :) That's a massive boost.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0