Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

in the wings

Jan 20, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lotta people with Canuck heartache missed a descent Masters battle between Dragons / PCOV . Both teams earned the draw in regulation . The night saw tight checking & hard battles throughout as the ball had a lot of odd hops off the short grass field meaning the faster foot or head in won the challenge ...... 4 Penos , 4 reds . The last Peno was earned with an arm in the back driving the forward to the ground. I was thinking the ref may have spotted it outside the box ( it was just inside with the player landing outside) as it was the teams 3rd peno on a field that was feintly lined . It looked like a done deal , until the ball was driven off the top right corner of the bar , but not before emotions left PCOV down a man . The winning overtime goal/free kick came from Jason with a lot of gusto eluding the keeper even though he dove correctly on it . PCOV worked hard till the end . A low drive was stopped right ON the goal line by the goalie who did two 180 turns to find the ball that was in his feet , lucky not to nudge it in . Looked just like a kind of Mexican hat dance! Good luck to Kusch & the P.A.U. Dragons.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Game in Poco today. The visitors scored first off a very well taken free kick. 1-0 Columbus at half.
1-1 from a shot about 18 yards out, 2-1 not long after on some tic tac passing. The 3rd was bit of a scrambly goal.
Both teams worked hard without too much 'rough' stuff. With about 15 to go Columbus made it 3-2 which seemed to make us kick it up. A missed chance or 2 and then a very nice 4th goal and a little bit of a lucky 5th.

Someone else can give details on the Peacock in the middle who delayed the game by 20+ minutes, he is a beauty.

It was a well played game and we'll take the win. Who's up next?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Bored, I decided to take the dog for a walk out at Gates today for the 1PM kickoff and and got there at about 125 PM and the guy in yellow was prancing around still in an effort to it appeared to get himself noticed and the game had not yet started by that time. Columbus must have had a meltdown in the second half based on what I saw for the first half hour.

Good win for Poco...hopefully no post match controversy.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who in there right mind at Masters would create post game controversy?

We're all just out to have a little fun no?

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Decent game in Poco.....thought I was running late....apparently not.
Columbus well worth the 1-0 scoreline. Expected a wee bit more from Poco to be honest. 2nd half starts and a different Poco and the Ollie show commences. He played a bit higher and Columbus simply didn't follow him. He set up about 10 and scored.
Columbus get back into the game making it 3-2 when Ollie was off for 5 minutes, re-enter Ollie and it's 5-2.
I don't know if Columbus haven't played in about 6 months but they looked cream crackered and their left back was having a torrid time.

Congrats to Poco. Worthy winners.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Bored, I decided to take the dog for a walk out at Gates today for the 1PM kickoff and and got there at about 125 PM and the guy in yellow was prancing around still in an effort to it appeared to get himself noticed and the game had not yet started by that time. Columbus must have had a meltdown in the second half based on what I saw for the first half hour.

Good win for Poco...hopefully no post match controversy.

Colombo ottenne di proprietà nella seconda metà

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why? Were you the one to spell off Ollie for 5 minutes?

Well done apparently according to DB!

:D

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colombus owned the first half- 70 - 30 possession and that may be generous. Colombus 1-0 at half and well in control. Second half different story. Summo with a cracking goal to tie it up and then the flood gates opened. Colombus collapsed after that and couldn't keep up. Their fitness faltered and the rest was history. They're a solid side and probably the best we have played all year.

JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other results from today

Powell River 3 -2 North Delta FC (OT)

Westside FC 2-0 Metro Ford Wolves

Anyone know the Gorge vs CV United score?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Regs' connections are correct, the next round matchups are as follows:

Top Half of draw:
Westside FC (VMSL) vs Peace Arch Dragons (FVSL)
Poco Castilians (FVSL) vs Power River (VISL)

Bottom Half of draw:
UVIC (VISL) vs Sappeton (VMSL)
CV United (NSCL) vs West Van (VMSL)

I'll post game times and locations as they come up.

Good Luck to all

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Regs' connections are correct, the next round matchups are as follows:

Top Half of draw:
Westside FC (VMSL) vs Peace Arch Dragons (FVSL)
Poco Castilians (FVSL) vs Power River (VISL)

Bottom Half of draw:
UVIC (VISL) vs Sappeton (VMSL)
CV United (NSCL) vs West Van (VMSL)

I'll post game times and locations as they come up.

Good Luck to all

With CV United hosting WV next week, the most important question needs to be asked... will the match be played on a pint/BBQ infused Saturday or a boring Sunday? Don't disappoint us CV. Do not disappoint us.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With CV United hosting WV next week, the most important question needs to be asked... will the match be played on a pint/BBQ infused Saturday or a boring Sunday? Don't disappoint us CV. Do not disappoint us.

Let's get this game on Saturday!!! I'm tired of Sundays ruining my Mondays!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0