Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You seemed to be ranting without a lot of logic - it had an odor.

I agree with all of you, seems petty. I hope you guys prevail.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The most interesting game of the 1/4s is the Sapp at UVic game...back to back trips to the Island for Sapp. Ouch. The Westside game should be good as well.
and rumour has it wab will be helijetting the team in and taking limos to the pitch ........................:faded-rose::faded-rose:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am going to agree with Yoda on his picks. M.

However, I think it is dangerous for anyone to get ahead of themselves and maybe some people should calm down a bit after round one...especially after they won at home. This is just the first ound one, no need to get too excited yet, there are three games to go to win the BCs.

All teams in the quarters are good teams, and not much to choose between any of them so anyone can win this tournament.

Sir M

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Castilians vs Powell River Sat 1pm Gates Turf.

NDA - any match reports vs Powell River?

JTL

The match report is we/I shite the bed. Powell River scored 20 minutes in on a fluke hop that I'm still having nightmares about. With us holding all the posession, about 70/30, controlling the ball in their half with them just packing the box and just counter attacking we gave the ball away about 20 feet inside our half. Their forward looked up and just booted the ball towards our net, seeing that I was out a ways. It was a low line drive that I had no problem getting back to scoop up with plenty of time except when it hit 3 yards in front of me it hit one of the many divots on the field and shot to the right and over my shoulder. 1-0 Powell

We continue to have the possesion advantage and have chance after chance but can't bury anything until the 91st minute when we tie it up on a great strike from 25 yards out. 1-1

Extra time begins and approximately 1 minute in they launch a ball over the top of our defense and our right back goes back to head an easy pass back to me and the ball hops funny again and the striker is actually able to get his head on the ball instead and lofts it over my head towards the net. During this my right back gets around me and gets to the ball that is bouncing slowly towards the net but instead of easily clearing it he loses his balance and well falling the ball bounces off of him into the net.
2-1 Powell

3 minutes later they get a very questionable pk call. 3-1 Powell

We continued to pressure and got one back and had several opportunities to tie it up but ran out of time. Final 3-2

After all was said and done everything was left on the field and the Powell River boys were great hosts and invited us to their clubhouse for a few Lucky Lagers until we had to leave 1/2 an hour later.

To sum it up, Poco will win going away with a very comfortable victory. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or more bagel. They are big and slow but work very hard pressuring the ball which if you make them chase they will run out of gas. Did I mention they pack the box and like to counter attack?:rolleyes:

Good luck Poco, I hope this helps.

Bitter and dissappointed,
stoned wall

PS Get in on their keeper for rebounds as he has no hands and just paddles everything away.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are three games to go to win the BCs

And not a single one will be a cakewalk.

Great game report SW. Unlucky on your, well, unluckyness. Although it'll be nice to play someone other than you guys for the 5th time this year. :)

grantsreef

Apr 17, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like you were the problem for your loss Stoned Wall. Rumor has it that the first goal was from 40 yards out? You had problems with a 40 yard shot? Then an own goal after you and your defender have a nightmare? Might want to take a look at yourself before you say the River goalie is bad. And what your report states is that you guys can't score and have a tough time against the counter attack...Oh well you guys have the summer to get a new keeper and work on some stuff.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like you were the problem for your loss Stoned Wall. Rumor has it that the first goal was from 40 yards out? You had problems with a 40 yard shot? Then an own goal after you and your defender have a nightmare? Might want to take a look at yourself before you say the River goalie is bad. And what your report states is that you guys can't score and have a tough time against the counter attack...Oh well you guys have the summer to get a new keeper and work on some stuff.

Welcome to TTP grantsreef! Which i assume is near Powell River? ;)

I have to admit i agree. StonedWall and his defense have had many a nightmare this season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to TTP grantsreef! Which i assume is near Powell River? ;)

I have to admit i agree. StonedWall and his defense have had many a nightmare this season.

grantsreef, keep your head up this week in PW. Poco tends to drop sandbags all over their competition in the week leading up nto a match, and these projectiles can sometimes catch the competition w/ their head down. JTL was up to it again this week...fcuk me, JTL. It's only the quarters. What are you going to do for the semis, if you make it that far? And the finals, assuming you get there? Not sure you can top this one.

I predict that in two weeks, JTL will report that the whole of Poco Castilians will have been in a bus wreck, and most- if not all- are critically injured, and doubtful for the final. Then, on the day of the final, there will be a miraculous recovery of sorts, and a 6-man deep bench.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bus wreck dude? Come on, now you're just getting carried away. But i agree, the protest papers that may fall from the sky may be heavy with Columbus' tears from the loss, so please grantsreef, keep your head up.

PS: report from the 4 guys who could make practice last night, a nasty bug has spread through the team this weekend and most-if not all- are in critical condition in the hospital.
Here's hoping for a miraculous recovery before Saturday.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bus wreck dude? Come on, now you're just getting carried away. But i agree, the protest papers that may fall from the sky may be heavy with Columbus' tears from the loss, so please grantsreef, keep your head up.

PS: report from the 4 guys who could make practice last night, a nasty bug has spread through the team this weekend and most-if not all- are in critical condition in the hospital.
Here's hoping for a miraculous recovery before Saturday.

Nice, but seriously...there is a book my Mum used to read to me when I was a child, called "The Little Boy who cired WOLF". JTL needs to read it sometime.

"Really, this time there is no sandbagging! Columbus actually protested! Seriously! Belive me! ME!"

OK.

Megs!

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stonewalled Freak hop??? That thing was going wide until your legs went all riverdance and ended up "paddling" it in to your own net. The second goal was down to the 6th sense you seem to have with your defender, your 6th sense being a complete lack of coordination and positioning. As for the third goal the only thing questionable about the penalty was whether our winger still had any vital signs after the challenge. Oh and you complain about the field too...Oh dear it's getting desperate now isn't it? Maybe you haven't played on grass in a while, so sorry to spring that on you, but you make it sound like we were playing on an inflatable kids bouncer, get a grip (pun very much intended), the field was good. Shame you couldn't of shown a little more humility as you seemed like real nice guys. Maybe we'll be beaten in the next round, maybe not. But I tell you win or lose we'll have our heads held high.

-Never Bitter in PR

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game summary from the Powell River paper. (with picture of one of the goals)

The Powell River Peak > Sports > Provincial competition begins for O35 soccer

Powell River United O35 Soccer club began its provincial cup run at home on Sunday under sunny blue skies in the first round of play versus North Delta SC Rangers.

The game started with the Rangers having a definite advantage with possession during the first 10 minutes. United gained composure and play evened out as both squads defended well with hard tackles and tight defensive play.

It remained even for most of the half until player/coach Tony Leach received the ball out on the right midfield and noticed the Rangers keeper far out of his net. Leach buried his head and hammered a ball from 40 yards to beat the floundering goalie and give United a 1-0 lead. This seemed to give United a bit of a boost as it took play to the visitors for the remainder of the half but was unable to get another one past the keeper......

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stonewalled Freak hop??? That thing was going wide until your legs went all riverdance and ended up "paddling" it in to your own net. The second goal was down to the 6th sense you seem to have with your defender, your 6th sense being a complete lack of coordination and positioning. As for the third goal the only thing questionable about the penalty was whether our winger still had any vital signs after the challenge. Oh and you complain about the field too...Oh dear it's getting desperate now isn't it? Maybe you haven't played on grass in a while, so sorry to spring that on you, but you make it sound like we were playing on an inflatable kids bouncer, get a grip (pun very much intended), the field was good. Shame you couldn't of shown a little more humility as you seemed like real nice guys. Maybe we'll be beaten in the next round, maybe not. But I tell you win or lose we'll have our heads held high.

-Never Bitter in PR

Love the Riv, see you at TC's and the West, May 4th and 5th. Myrtle Point bound.

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
hello to all you, this protest between columbus and poco has to be very serious, for it to take over 48 hours to prove if a player is of age or not, maybe there is something more to it then what poco players are saying, nothing from any columbus guys on here so it must be more then poco is saying .poco says its a clerical error, if that is so, maybe its the manager of the team thats being investigated . if the card had the wrong info (like poco says it does) on it why does it take 9 months for the poco manager to noticed it ,only after a protest has been filed. when we go get our drivers license or passport they make you check it before you leave to make sure its correct.its up to the manager to see n fix that problem. , dont blame columbus for the protest blame the POCO MANAGER,so i think if the card is not valid like poco is saying it isnt, there player is not valid as well which in bc soccer rules makes that an illegal player which means a forfeit. and how do we know if that player played or not, there are no slips to say if his in or not, only if he gets a goal or card is he then noticed.seems to me alot of people on this site dont like columbus period, so if they did this i think most of you would file a protest against them as well. the final thing is make sure your cards are correct the info on your roster is correct managers....and if columbus wins the protest, does POCO sack their manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0