Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2011 Presidents Cup

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big weekend coming up, thoughts on the games now that new information is out? I noticed on the discipline page that Abby gets themselves an early hearing tomorrow, I assume due to the fact the have a game Wednesday. Suspension problems could be a factor, but I'm sure Inter will be ready.

I took a look at Aldergrove Players stats since everyone has being saying we'll thump them, but upon further review they don't seem to be too bad, even though they are in 9th. They've only been blown out once (against Temple) all season, and they've only been shut out twice. They only have lost by more than one goal twice (the Temple blowout and Cloverdale Utd, 4-2) which means 12 games which they were in till the end. I don't forsee a thumpnig this weekend, it's going to be a tight one.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove plays a game much like the mighty Inter of Italy. They are more than content with only 10% ball posession, and they wait for counter attack. They literally stack 7 people on the 18 yrd box, and have another 3 running the mid. They have a very skilled young striker who they love to make through ball passes to. Very basic, but very effective defensively.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove plays a game much like the mighty Inter of Italy. They are more than content with only 10% ball posession, and they wait for counter attack. They literally stack 7 people on the 18 yrd box, and have another 3 running the mid. They have a very skilled young striker who they love to make through ball passes to. Very basic, but very effective defensively.

Inter also have eto'o, schnieder, milito, pazzini, and Buffon, aldergrove are terrible, I watched them play the phoenix. If you guys don't win by at least 3 goals there is something wrong.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
C4L already lost to them, he's only a part time summer hypester :p

We'll win, but they'll give us more of a game than people expect I think.

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove Players are truly TRAGIC. They should have been out in the first round vs our d2 Gunners but neither team can put the ball in the net. We had 80% posession and hit 3 posts/crossbars. They got their goal on a scramble in the box in the 90th minute where their striker ran into our keeps while he was catching the ball... he spilled it and they mucked it into the net while we pissed and moaned at the ref for a call. Seeing them in the semi's is pretty big kick in the nuts even tho I dont even play on the D2 team. I've never seen the Hype play, but I have played against Carnie. He should be able to light these guys up pretty bad... Nomad's are just covering their asses in case they get hit with some of that Aldergrove voodoo. Easiest semi EVAR!!!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anything can happen on any given sunday. The fact that they beat you guys proves that point. We cannot and will not take them lightly. You just never know. That's why we play the game

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 days till the game, I hear Franchise telling me they'll both be blowouts, so here's my score predictions:

PAU Nomdas 16 - Aldergrove Players 4
GEU Inter 12 - Abbotsford SC 2

gt5

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove Players have gotten a new coach, not to sure how recent this was. This new coach was with Mission div 2 last year and took over Aldergrove prem at the mid point of the season. I imagine he will play them like he does the prem team, once they lose the ball all 11 in there own 30 yards of the field.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya thats the scouting report we got from other teams. 10 players behind the ball all crowding the 18 to 30 yard line to try and make it impossible to score from the middle. Not too worried, our width should spread them out.

So is this going to be a really boring game for me then? Should I bring a jacket, scarf and toque so I don't freeze my ass off at the other 18 on a sunday at 8pm?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya thats the scouting report we got from other teams. 10 players behind the ball all crowding the 18 to 30 yard line to try and make it impossible to score from the middle. Not too worried, our width should spread them out.

So is this going to be a really boring game for me then? Should I bring a jacket, scarf and toque so I don't freeze my ass off at the other 18 on a sunday at 8pm?

If I'm playing I'll make sure you're busy. Not known for awesome defensive skills. I may punch someone in the face though. Hi Carnie!

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove Players have gotten a new coach, not to sure how recent this was. This new coach was with Mission div 2 last year and took over Aldergrove prem at the mid point of the season. I imagine he will play them like he does the prem team, once they lose the ball all 11 in there own 30 yards of the field.

he wasn't there when they played the pheonix. one huge difference between last years mission and this aldergrove team was they had a good keeper in tyson, and aldy have a shitty keeper who was majorly at fault for all 3 pheonix goals. Also in pk's he didn't have to make one save, so don't go on that either. If the nomads don't score 4 or 5 on this team i can't see you guys doing well against abby or us.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

They have he shittiest marking in the league I have seen, there goalie can't hang onto the ball......wont be close!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
he wasn't there when they played the pheonix. one huge difference between last years mission and this aldergrove team was they had a good keeper in tyson, and aldy have a shitty keeper who was majorly at fault for all 3 pheonix goals. Also in pk's he didn't have to make one save, so don't go on that either. If the nomads don't score 4 or 5 on this team i can't see you guys doing well against abby or us.

Just becuase I'm bored at work, and this thread should be more lively before the semis, thought I would stir the pot a little bit.

Mb10, so basically you are saying if we don't score at least 4 goals against aldy we don't stand a chance against inter or abby? So if we win 2-0, we are gonna get our asses handed to us? What if we win 8-0? Are we gonna kill you guys or abby? Care to explain?

I just don't think a scoreline can predict the actual game or a whole other game in that matter. Whether u win 1-0, 10-0 or 10-9, its doesn't matter if it was ugly or nice, a win is a win.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0