Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 FVSL Summer Soccer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just the messenger on this one :

The FVSL are looking at creating a summer soccer league starting in Mid-April and running for about 12 weeks through the summer.

All teams from all leagues are welcome and they're hoping to do a Premier, Division 1, Division 2 and Masters division.

If you are currently registered with BC Soccer, you do not have to register again (ie. pay the registration fee that BC Soccer requires).

Please email Kevin Uppal at kevinuppal12@hotmail.com for more information.

Cheers, Walks

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Nomads will be in for sure if they can get it off the ground.

No disrespect to JB or Kilby with the LSSL, but the organization of the FVSL in a summer setting would be top notch!

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think games are Tue, wed, thursday?? So pick 2 week days and still stay sunday with Knights league and you are golden!

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
But can we still sandbag our teams? C4L... I gotta spot up front for you:wa: and I PROMISE I won't stick you in net.:D

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all seriousness this will probably put an end to the Knights league?

So your winter reg is carried over to summer . That mean that this new fvsl is free to existing winter registered teams and players?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For all the jabs we take at the FVSL, they are far, far better organized than the Knights league currently is, and my bet is Kilby & Spurgeon would welcome the idea of being able to transfer their teams into the FVSL Summer League (I haven't spoken to either, though, so I don't want to be accused of representing them).

I'm surprised...only because I would think at the end of the year, the executive are counting down the days until their time is up and they can take a break. Good on the league, though.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if anyone from the league reads these forums but I would just like to say that I think the fvsl is run at the highest quality. Looks like we may have seen the end of the knights league.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even with the Knights Leage your BC soccer fees(registration) transferred over so I don't think anyone would be "saving" money by joining the new league....

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even with the Knights Leage your BC soccer fees(registration) transferred over so I don't think anyone would be "saving" money by joining the new league....

I believe you're right, you'll still have a FVSL Summer league fee. I think it's more from an organization and scheduling perspective that makes the FVSL Summer league so inviting.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the registration fee at BCSA is only $25.00 per player.

We pay about $250.00 every year to be part of the Lords of Langley, so as to cover all club and other costs. But we're awesomme, and it's worth every penny.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard that the FVSL and the VMSL will be combining into one summer league.....if that's the case it is a great idea but could mean the end for a few of the smaller summer leagues. Will be hard to compete with the fvsl/vmsl. I could see this as a small step towards maybe a permanent switch to a spring/summer season instead of what we have now.

TA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0