Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 FVSL Summer Soccer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Summer league to me is about going out for a run with friends and not taking it to serious. I don't feel the need to change Leagues. Knights league is a bit more easy going and a nice change from the winter league. plus Knights league you only need a divers licence to prove who you are.and plus Lee can get drunk yell at a ref and not get suspended for three games ;)

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights League is a piss poor league that will be non-exsistent if FVSL get this league up and running this year. KSL has been poorly ran for years and hasn't improved. JB has too much power and I hope it makes him realize he is a big fcuking douche for all the indefinate suspensions and stupid shite he has done over the years. Major hit to his pocket for sure.

Fcuk the KSL bring on a well run summer league.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights league was run pretty good. It was their website that was 3rd world. I dont see it as a major hit to his pocket. How was he profiting from it?

But if these leagues do profit from us playing in them it will be fun to see what each league offers up to get our business. It will be exciting for once to have a choices.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im glad Regs Pointed me in this Threads direction...Ive been Busy with the new Bambino...
Good we are all talking here cause we (ACBC) need to know where everyone is going to be this Summer .
We have given our field times to JB already ,Before this news was given to us...I am still hearing that this new Idea is not 100% yet and might not happen.
The email sent was to see if enough teams were interested and what kind of response the league would get.
It will NOT be free guys...true you will not have to pay your BCSA registration fee again...But you will have to pay for everything else....
So dont think you will be saveing any money.
Better Organized ...Yes It will be for sure.
A move to combine the VMSL and the FVSL in Summer to help with the BCPL Summer move Idea ????? I like !
The Beginning of the end of the PCSL and the KSL ???
Who knows.
I do know JB has put together a Big Summer Cup this year to help teams find preseason games late in the summer to prepair for Winter Season.
Is that enough?
The PCSL is a Great Womans League but as far as the Mens Side...It Sucks.
Plus $2000 a season to play in it??
Im thinking this could be a great thing and a good way to get everyone all on the same page.....
We shall see

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If FVSL/VMSL joined for a summer league what that might be is the end of them having separate winter leagues - especially in lieu of the youth HPL, and those clubs running summer schedules, AND needing adult programs. Who knows though...can you see Abby entering into a summer league when all their focus is on PDL, PCSL, and HPL?

I can see it being end of PCSL - because what would stop Okanagan teams to apply to join a summer FVSL/VMSL?

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im glad Regs Pointed me in this Threads direction...Ive been Busy with the new Bambino...
Good we are all talking here cause we (ACBC) need to know where everyone is going to be this Summer .
We have given our field times to JB already ,Before this news was given to us...I am still hearing that this new Idea is not 100% yet and might not happen.
The email sent was to see if enough teams were interested and what kind of response the league would get.
It will NOT be free guys...true you will not have to pay your BCSA registration fee again...But you will have to pay for everything else....
So dont think you will be saveing any money.
Better Organized ...Yes It will be for sure.
A move to combine the VMSL and the FVSL in Summer to help with the BCPL Summer move Idea ????? I like !
The Beginning of the end of the PCSL and the KSL ???
Who knows.
I do know JB has put together a Big Summer Cup this year to help teams find preseason games late in the summer to prepair for Winter Season.
Is that enough?
The PCSL is a Great Womans League but as far as the Mens Side...It Sucks.
Plus $2000 a season to play in it??
Im thinking this could be a great thing and a good way to get everyone all on the same page.....
We shall see
Bambino hay , is that your 1st grandchild ?

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
would this mean you would have to travel far on tuesday nights??

if so would rather have kinghts league where it is local

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
would this mean you would have to travel far on tuesday nights??

if so would rather have kinghts league where it is local

That's the only reason that many teams are waiting to hear, the travel with the north n south divs in the ksl is a huge plus when you're playing spring ball with the guys just for a weekly kickaround, I really wouldn't wanna play If we were going across to poco or the ridge 3-4 times, mid-week especially!

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
shite yah elbowroom! But I maybe playing 3 days a week already if we go in FVSL and Knights on sunday's... So Unless ur wednesdays, im a no go. Maybe we can combine teams this year??

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
C4L , I nonminate you to write an email to the league asking some of the questions that or on this thread , cost , travel ect , let us know buddy but i think the phoenix and the new rams will be going ksl .

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I second that notion.
C4L for Player representative.

1) Find out if div 2+3will be different days.
2) Will there be a Sundays open div?

Storm

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
C4L , I nonminate you to write an email to the league asking some of the questions that or on this thread , cost , travel ect , let us know buddy but i think the phoenix and the new rams will be going ksl .
Must be out of loyalty to JB. What other reason would there be to continue with the Knights league. No refs for games regularly, awful website thats never updated.
Or is it blackmail, maybe JB has pictures of you with that sheep !

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
i wonder if regular season suspensions will carry through or effect summer play or vice versa. Not to mention we have a hard enough time getting decent officials for our summer games with another summer league we are ass ****ed royally i'm sure the fvsl will be a better over all league for us. i was wondering why i gota phone call from jb last week lol.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I will take care of this, and contact the League about distance for games. Its nice to continue playing with all the same teams from FVSL, especially since lots of teams change come summer time. I know personally I wouldnt feel like driving out to Poco or MR midweek, but footy is footy and I will never miss a game or say no. Maybe FVSL will follow the KSL and do a north/ south division and split to Div.2 Div.3... Ill let you boys know!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it looks like its a go....Still cant find out which teams have made the jump..I get mixed info from everyone...looks like all the teams are playing in both the KSL and the new FVSL. LOL

I still would like to know how a totally new league can start up without a members vote?
I do think its a great Idea ...but shouldnt the members at least talk about a move this big????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0