Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Nations Cup

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all, hats down to Iranians who played extremely smart game, were very calm and effective, all business. They deserved to win, they were better team. After all, the final score 7:0 proves it.

Unfortunately, there are some other factors that have to be mentioned in a very negative way. One of them is team Serbia which disappeared after being down a man and 0:2. It looks they were missing some players, had only 13 available, too many forwards, no one really in the middle of the park!!!??? They looked totally disorganized.

Also, it would be interesting to know whose idea was to play those games 2x30 minutes!? This is not U-10 soccer so it does not make any sense to play only 60 minutes.

Most importantly, I have not seen worse refereeing than the last night in a long time. That referee was awful. First of all, no one seems to know why he called a penalty for Iranians (they had 1:0 lead at that time). Was it a hand ball? No one else seems to see it. Or, pulling a jersey inside the penalty box? Anyway, that penalty did not make any sense. So, being 0:2 down Serbs started putting some pressure on Iranians, there was a clear foul that was not called for Serbia. Have in mind a fact that during the first half the referee called every single contact against the Serbs, yet he did not call the obvious one in their favour. What happened then is that one Serb said something to ref (in Serbian) and the ref showed him a red card (the ref apparently understood). At that point the game was really over, especially after Serbs missed a great opportunity when they hit the crossbar (from where I watched the game it looked to me that the ball crossed the line but assistant referee did not react). The referee definitely ruined the game.

It will be very interesting to see how Iran is going to do during 2010 Nations Cup.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I stand corrected - Webster's Dictionary:
missile, n. object to be thrown or shot.

Your comment is not stupid.:D

Law5

May 8, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
the penalty was for a shirt tug, and i was all the way at the opposite end and it was clear as day!

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
the penalty was for a shirt tug, and i was all the way at the opposite end and it was clear as day!

It is possible but I did not see it although I was at the end where it happened. All people around me where asking what happened, no one saw it. I hope you'll agree that there is no too many penalties called for something like that.

Anyway, what do you think about the refereeing in that game?

To be clear, I am not trying to say that the ref cost Serbia the game (no one can say that when one team wins 7:0, Iran was much better team and deserved to win, there is no question about that) but that ref obviously had some unfinished business with some Serbs.

And to prove how the ref was poorly officiating the game is another interesting moment. He showed a red card because one player said something to him in his own language but he missed to show a red card to another player (from Serbia) after a slide tackle that could easily end up with a broken leg of one Iranian player if he was hit. This moment is a proof how bad officiating was and how some refs care more about some verbal comments towards them than about the tackles that could end up someone’s career. See, if I was refereeing that game for a verbal comment I'd show a yellow and warn the player. For a brutal start (although without the contact) it would be straight red.

I really do not want to see the same ref during the Nations Cup because he will cause some problems with his theatrics.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, it would be interesting to know whose idea was to play those games 2x30 minutes!? This is not U-10 soccer so it does not make any sense to play only 60 minutes.

Also, it would make no sense for someone who has evidently never been to the Nations Cup to comment on the format.

Law5

May 8, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't watching the game all that closely as i was kicking the ball around at the same time. being a referee I normally wouldn't comment on another's performance out of respect, but this time i honestly wasn't watching closely enough to even have an opinion. the Serbians went down quickly and were down a man, frustration is bound to set in and if calls aren't going your way, you're bound to think that someone's against you when it could be just a bad turn of fortune.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
By far the best tourney around but the organizers must do a better job of following their concept as stated on the front page of their website... if not the tourney will lose credibility each year until the issue is addressed..This is a tournament many look forward to.. i'd hate to see it fall into the "just another summer tournament" category

c/p from the site

This unique concept of grouping players based on their ethnic backgrounds and/or countries of origin, creates an exciting atmosphere that provides a platform for people throughout the community to express their ethnic pride. Teams representing countries such as Argentina, Caribbean, China, England, India, Italy, Germany, and Scotland, just to name a few, are comprised of elite players from throughout the Province to compete for the coveted "Nations Cup"

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gzus,how many times does it have to be typed out? They are. Team lists are now mandatory and steps are being taken to maintain the original tourney integrity... They're on it, FFS.

It's like talking to larsson only with-out the shameless back patting.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gzus,how many times does it have to be typed out? They are. Team lists are now mandatory and steps are being taken to maintain the original tourney integrity... They're on it, FFS.

It's like talking to larsson only with-out the shameless back patting.

Can you show where it is typed out? I must have missed it! Maybe u should leave the critiquing to the fans like me who drop a few hundred bucks in the beer garden and keep the sponsors coming back...

Knvb , do Yo hear that jingle? i think someone came in the door. You continue with what your good at.. Some one wants new boots and needs a thier feet measured. i knew you could handle it.

thanks

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Berg and ThemoroninCalgary,

Time for you to read the rules of the tournament and talk to some people that are actually involved with organizing teams. If you had paid attention last year you would have noted that rosters were submitted from every team but I guess it is easier to complain than get some facts.

As for you waterboy, call me in 31 years and tell me how successful your copycat tournament is going. I seem to recall you were very interested in getting ideas from us to help get your event off the ground and now you would like to criticize from afar:mad:

We endeavor to improve the tournament every year and we think we have added something better for the last number of years. We have been able to expand the beer garden capacity when people complained, added assistance to every game, friday night games and expanding the women's division. Not bad concidering that only 7 or 8 people put on the whole tournament.

We appreciate comments and deal with the criticisms the best we can. If anyone has ideas to improve the event I would be pleased to sit down and have a pint to discuss them.

Cheers, Lean
Cheers, thanks for coming, clown shoes. Any time you want to drop off the beer you owe me I'll measure your feet, no charge. I'm sure I can handle it too.

Yes right, because you're the only one in the beer garden. I've never been seen in there. Ever. Stick to what you do best and wind up the guy who keeps getting banned.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers, thanks for coming, clown shoes. Any time you want to drop off the beer you owe me I'll measure your feet, no charge. I'm sure I can handle it too.

Yes right, because you're the only one in the beer garden. I've never been seen in there. Ever. Stick to what you do best and wind up the guy who keeps getting banned.

Go back to playing goal in the All-Star game.:eek:

Most guys in Richmond have followed this tournament every year for decades. I have been watching and playing in it since 1985. I have seen the rules disrespected greatly in the 90's, but they have gotten better with each passing year. The people at RFC have worked hard to improve the ethnic "purity" of the tourney year after year. Sure there will always be some ignoring the rules, but for the most part, they have gotten this right.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, I can not comment directly to the games (and Officiating) as I was at the Indy 500 this weekend with the sunburn to prove it:D

But what I can comment on are a couple of things:

1) All games are played 30min halves in the tournament, so we felt it was right to play the qualifiers with the same rules. We would have gone to extra time and then into penalties just like the semi's and final's

2) The ethnic question continues to come up and We do not mind that people are so concerned with maintaining the integrity of the tournament. We continue to try to find reasonable ways to deal with it but the best way is to have the players and fans support the rules. The pressure from within the communities and the accountability of the team coordinator to ensure that the players meet the eligibility rules is always growing. We appreciate the efforts made by our fans and supportors.

3) We will be announcing the draw and schedule very soon and posting the schedule here and on our website.

Cheers and thanks to all who participated or supported the Qualifying Tournament and we look forward to seeing you all at Nations in 6 weeks!

Lean

Just on a side note - The tournament is organized by the Nations Cup Soccer Society who are not affiliated with any soccer club. We are a non-profit society that promotes ethnic diversity through sport. Support of the Nations Cup Tournament is exclusively for the betterment of the tournament and promoting multicultural diversity in all of our communities. We continue to look for support to help improve the tournement and the event and would encourage anyone who individually or as a business would like to help to contact us.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2) The ethnic question continues to come up and We do not mind that people are so concerned with maintaining the integrity of the tournament. We continue to try to find reasonable ways to deal with it but the best way is to have the players and fans support the rules. The pressure from within the communities and the accountability of the team coordinator to ensure that the players meet the eligibility rules is always growing. We appreciate the efforts made by our fans and supportors.

Sometimes Nations will struggle with this, but as long as the people organizing the teams respect the intentions of the tournament, then things tend to work themselves out. Although Germany had many non-Germans in recent past, the team is finally becoming strictly Germans. They had a tough time a few years ago fielding an all German squad during the transitional years and this really bothered the organizer and Sapperton member, Ted Ullrich.

He worked hard bringing in new players the past couple of years and now he has a 95% true German squad.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sonofagypsywhore

1) i called u out in the masters thread and u never responded... sounds more like u backed out of the deal...

2)You are go no where near my feet (creepy)

3)i'd rather send to you via greyhound (Prepaid of course)

4)Did u just indirectly out me?

A

aka47nat

Who the hell are you under dogg 9 with ur lame ass gay yellow cleats.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0