Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Nations Cup

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results from tonights semi final qualification games;

Serbia 4 : Chile 1
Iran 5 : Romania 0

Serbia vs Iran Sunday night at 7pm, Hugh Boyd, to determine who will qualify for the final spot in the tournament July 16, 17 and 18

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have to go with Serbia.......

Star 1......any word from the player in Slovenia? Give me a call when you get a chance....I did speak to BL........

Hey Captain, he wants to come back and play and is willing to let management there know if any opportunities come up...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Iran/Romania game was a shite-kicking but the Chile/Serb game was closer than the score indicated. Stupid Red by a Serb player when up 3-1 with 10 to go.

Iran was fast and dangerous going forward, but will lose games at the Nations because of a soft D and lack of toughness.
Too bad Chile can't be in the tourney. They bring that raw emotion that makes the Nations Cup what it is.

Prediction: Serb vs Iran: 3-2 Serbs

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB
I didn't see enough of the Iran game to know if their defence is soft, they had the ball the whole time. They did look great going forward.

I am going with 4-2 Iran

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two great free kicks for both teams and plenty of cards in the Serbia vs Chile game. I thought the ref did very well dealing with the emotion and passion coming from both sets of players. Agreed the red by the Serbian player was stupid but at that point, it didn't seem to matter as Chile were finished.

Whenever I looked over to the Iran vs Romania game, Iran were constantly attacking in the oppositions final 3rd.

Prediction: 2-1 Serbia

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
All of the countries seemed to have 'traditional background players'...

It is too bad that Iran or Serbia will not play in Nations Cup. Both countries deserve to be there as there are many people from this part of the world in Lower Mainland. It would increase the crowd base for sure. Maybe every year, there can be a 'special invite' to one country, thus one group would have 5 teams.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Robino...The last place Nations Cup team should have to enter into this playoff round...You would have to have a religation match too I
would think....Or a team who cannot field 11 players as Serbia and Argentina have done in the past automatically are entered into the playoff round.
It would make the tournament all that much more stronger in all aspects.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think a 'special invite' is required or a group growing to 5 teams either, just keep it as is. Whomever has the worst record out of the 16 teams at the end of the group stage in the tourney is entered into this 4 team tourney the following year against 3 other teams, seems simple enough to me.

Nations Cup organizers should be pleased as there was a decent enough turnout for both games last night.

Sneds

Not Bright
May 21, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow looks like a playoff sounds like a good thing for the tournament. As i am having the same problem too many teams in Calgary. migh have to adopt a playoff too

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Iran 5 Serbia 0

I got here just after the second half started to see Serbia with 10 players and Iran up 2-0. It is now 5-0 and might end up more. Congrats to Iran

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Iran 7 - Serbia 0

It is too bad that Iran or Serbia will not play in Nations Cup. Both countries deserve to be there as there are many people from this part of the world in Lower Mainland.

I totally disagree; Serbia deserves to be out. After the 3rd goal they just quit and it was an embarrassment of an effort. Just like the typical response on the Sunday morning knowing they have no chance of going through to the elimination round at Nations.

The game against Chile was, in hindsight, deceiving. Two mediocre teams with some skill running all around. They both actually looked good because the other was bad. The lack of Serbia skill really showed tonight.

As for Iran; who knows. They played 2 lousy teams. Yes they are quick and skilled going forward, but the opposition sucked. So basically they looked like Fulham vs Toronto FC. But until Fulham goes up against Barca, the jury is still out. One thing certain, they will be exciting running at defenses at Nations, but I just can't see them getting past Portugal, England, Italy, Germany and the likes.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Robino...The last place Nations Cup team should have to enter into this playoff round...You would have to have a religation match too I
would think....Or a team who cannot field 11 players as Serbia and Argentina have done in the past automatically are entered into the playoff round.
It would make the tournament all that much more stronger in all aspects.

I agree that a team that does not show a committment to field a full team (not just 11, but a vast majority of the players on their team list) on Sunday should get the boot for at least 1 year - then enter a playoff the 2nd year.
A last place team that is always there and trying hard but just isn't good enough (ie First Nations) should not get punished.
It's a privilege to play in this fantastic tourney, and the respect for it should be honoured.

Law5

May 8, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
that was a pretty sad showing tonight, would have been nice to see at least an effort from Serbia. That red card was completely senseless!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, WAB....it was 2-0 when I got there.....Serbia had one good shot which was stopped and then it was done....once the 3rd goal went in.

Law5

May 8, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Iran got their first, followed quickly by the converted penalty, then there was a hard challenge against a Serbian player that was waived play on, one of the Serbians was livid with the referee and was sent off for what I believe had to be for foul/abusive language.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0