Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Knight's Summer League

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford United 7 - Nil Vault FC

Not sure what to say about this game except that Vault FC didnt come ready to play. They started with 10 for the first 10mins and even with a full squad they looked disorganized. Their keeper played welll considering he had no support. I started on the bench, as I was more into the Canucks game than playing that night but when I did come on, didnt take me long to streak down the left side beating their right mid and right D with just pure speed and then all I had to do was touch it to the other side of the net for an easy tap in. I put one in but they called it back on an offside? Unlucky break as I dont put too many in :( I was kinda dissapointed with Vault FC, thought they would be a bit better and give us a run. Unfortuate with the hockey game going into overtime, I had a hard time prying myself away from my TV. Thank god for the radio app on my iPhone or else I dont think I would have left my house. Anyways back to the game report, clean game and some nice goals. Vault FC didnt have too many chances as our D shut them down or let them shoot for a ways out...What happened Vault FC? Injuries? or just no shows?

J

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coyotes 2 - 4 WRU

Good clean game. We went one up early, and sat back letting the Coyotes pass the ball around. They got an equaliser about 30mins in, then we got the lead back a few minutes later with 'lob' from inside the 18 over 2 'D'-men and the keeper (standing on the line??? - don't know how he missed it).

We got a 3rd before half-time, and could have had another one.

Coyotes came back in the second half, and eventually got a goal their possession deserved. But we got a 'soft' penalty a few minutes later to get the 4th, which killed the game.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vault FC didnt have too many chances as our D shut them down or let them shoot for a ways out...What happened Vault FC? Injuries? or just no shows?
Ya i felt bad about that, I wanted to gie Aussman a good showing! Our team has 8 players all gone, and then about 4 locals who all had finals. 3 of our top starters play UVIC and dont come back till this weekend and 2 play at TRU. So kinda shitty, we just had to pick up a few randoms b4 they all return, i thought season started a little later. Id love to scrimmage you guys come 2 weeks so you can see our real talent, because I beleive we would really give you a run, what u saw was just a joke! You guys played well, and always a clean team to play, I like playin you boys! Well done out there, thanks for the Nuk's updates btw, it was the only thing keeping me happy in net hahha

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 south last week - Sikh Temple 7 - Whalley Strikers 1

Strikers had 8 guys out....

Div 1 South last night

Sikh Temple 4 Surrey Eagles (Kwantlen College) 1

From what I heard, these guys are trying out/and or are already on the Kwantlen Soccer Team for the fall. They are young, fit, and knock the ball around nicely, but really didn't have much going forward. We just let them knock the ball around and waited for the counter attack. Good clean game overall.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WestCoast 1-3 Firefighters.

Slept again for the first 70 mins then pushed hard but couldn't finish our chances. Cycling in new guys is really killing things and will be stopping soon. Probably next game. They have 3 shots, 3 goals. We should have easily had 4 or 5. We can't keep going down 3 goals before we start to try.

Hall3

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westcoast. You were as bad as that minefield you call a soccer pitch. Can we not provide some better fields for the summer? Perfect spring evening to knock the ball around and we are playing on a field that has more sand than grass. We did what we had to do in the begining to get a nice 3 goal cussion then coasted in the second half. Numbers are still a problem for us but that should change soon.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 1 - 0 Titans

As usual, a good battle between the 2 teams. We stifled them in midfield, so they resorted to long balls up to their strikers, which our defence handled well.

The game was 1-0 going on 4 or 5, keeper and his posts kept them in the game. Don't remember our keeper making any key saves.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vault 0- Peg 2.... Great game between 2 young teams! 1st half we had our 4 new boys in, looked a little rusty with the new team. They had a nice strike outside 18 that beat me but not the post, unfortunately rebound came right to their players foot and easy netter for him. 2nd goal was a cross that went thru 4 different people and then into the net for easy goal. From there on out in 2nd half we began to take control, picked up about 4-5 good free kick chances, just couldnt capitalize. But nice team to play, all quality players. Just takin us a while to get some rust outta our players...

ffdusty

Oct 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WestCoast 1-3 Firefighters.

Slept again for the first 70 mins then pushed hard but couldn't finish our chances. Cycling in new guys is really killing things and will be stopping soon. Probably next game. They have 3 shots, 3 goals. We should have easily had 4 or 5. We can't keep going down 3 goals before we start to try.

Not sure where your 4 or 5 would have come from unless you're talking about one of the wild 30 yard shots beating our keeper. It was amusing to listen to your guys bitching at each other. We'll get better as we play together more. Good to see the old slow out of shape guys finally get a win. Back to the turf next week where we will be better.

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford United 4 - 1 Punjab Tigers

Good game, they scored their goal on a questionable PK. The ref was horrible, took the flow right out of the game. Whistle blown every 5mins because someone bumps into each other. Hit a couple post and crossbars but couldnt put anymore in. I give credit to the Tigers as after looking @ their record we figured it would be a cake walk, they battled hard and played a decent game but they ran out of steam in the second half.

J

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pacific eagles 2-1 Sundowner.
Abad call on a suspect handball led to there first goal on a PK. also a yellow to our defender. this will come in the play later in the game. I scored our only goal on a 25 yard free kick. About damn time a got a goal from a free kick. # 6 on eagles was a whinny cnut that tried to do to much fancy work. we just kept dumping him on his ass everytime he touched the ball. funny enough thou, he takes a dive after a clean challenge from our yellow carded defender and it turns into a red. there second goal was a free kick which doesn't sit well with the team, we are standing on the ball, ref barks to move away, i'm 6 feet from the ball with the ref barking at me, they take the kick and score. bad way to lose, but it's summer.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure where your 4 or 5 would have come from unless you're talking about one of the wild 30 yard shots beating our keeper. It was amusing to listen to your guys bitching at each other. We'll get better as we play together more. Good to see the old slow out of shape guys finally get a win. Back to the turf next week where we will be better.

Hey you won, so I can't sit and make excuses. I hit the crossbar in the first 10 mins and our other striker had a couple of gimme in the six yard box with no finish. And a break in that your keep made a great save. We have been asleep the last 2 games and have too many new players it's making it difficult for me. I need to just stay with my core 11. And change in a few. But with it being summer league it makes it hard not to play guys. You guys got those 3 goals and sat back. as for the field it was given to us as a home field. It's horrible but sand castle contests are always fun.

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vault 0- Peg 2.... Great game between 2 young teams! 1st half we had our 4 new boys in, looked a little rusty with the new team. They had a nice strike outside 18 that beat me but not the post, unfortunately rebound came right to their players foot and easy netter for him. 2nd goal was a cross that went thru 4 different people and then into the net for easy goal. From there on out in 2nd half we began to take control, picked up about 4-5 good free kick chances, just couldnt capitalize. But nice team to play, all quality players. Just takin us a while to get some rust outta our players...

Hmm..:confused: don't think you guys ever really controlled and didn't have very many quality chances. Anyways, good game..I look forward to playing you guys a few more times.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beat Sentinel 3-2 in a shootout last night. Both lineups very depleted as you would expect with the Nucks game on. Some good footy played at some points, and some awful shooting by me. And I mean awful, sentinelkeeps probably ran a marathon last night. Either way, we'll take the points and hope that we have more out for next week.

SurreyStormShutDown

May 1, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Storm Div 4 South 3-0 so far.

6-2 over Celtic (formerly Arsenal of FVSL. they are aso playing Sundays and picked up their first regualtion win......ever.)
5-2 over SFC Stars
3-2 over Rovers

Pacifc Eagles next week. Beyond a win vs. the 'downers, anyone know how they've done in the other two games?

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
(rangers....minus costley) Old guys 2 - young kids 0 (kwantlen)
Very lopsided asskicking, their backline was begging ref to blow whistle with 10-15 min left.........shouldn't that be us!?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0