Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Knight's Summer League

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow thats freaking brutal...Firefighters are a disgrace....A game that means so much in final standings (for other teams) and they are no shows...Oh well good for WC...

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow thats freaking brutal...Firefighters are a disgrace....A game that means so much in final standings (for other teams) and they are no shows...Oh well good for WC...

Not good for us at all. We want to play soccer. The reason we wanted to win was so we had another week of soccer. It sucks actually. Now I have to go and get drunk at a slo-pitch baseball game boooooooooo.

ffdusty

Oct 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calling us a disgrace is a little strong C4L. We came into the league to get ready for the World Police and Fire Games, and over the summer we've picked up a few injuries. Every week we have guys working the night shift and it just happened that this week between work and injuries we would have had 8 players. If you think we should have shown up and got thumped by Westcoast with 8, I guess that's a matter of opinion. We didn't want to pick up any more injuries in a nothing game with the WPFG starting in 3 weeks. My apologies go out to the Westcoast team and anyone else this game affected. It's unfortunate because we won our last two games, which included a pretty thourough 5-0 thumping of the Coyotes last week. We've accomplished our goal of the team getting better as the summer progressed. We wanted to play tonight, but circumstances didn't go our way. And no, we didn't play a friendly last night at Holly. Again I apologise.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calling us a disgrace is a little strong C4L
Strong words i know, but we went out beginning of year and received an ass kicking from guilford 7-0 with only 9 guys including me. But regardless of, I can see your side but maybe this is not the right league for you guys if your not out to win, but only train for a whole different competition, but good luck to you local boys in the contest!
As for our game... Vault Fc 2- ND Titans 1 (in pk's) ND hands down played better than us. They out hustled us and we were lucky to come away with 2 points. They had a goal in the 1st 5mins and then we came back about 20min later with a break-away goal. 2nd half was back and forth both teams getting good chances. Appologies to their main striker Ian, me and the guy colided both running full tilt but I must have about 30pounds on the guy. Pk's came and we won on the 5th shot. They came out strong and hats off to them! On the next round..>Any word on WRU game?

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sundowner FC 4-3 Sikh United. even game for stretches. we went up early 2-0. they came back strong and deserved to be up 3-2. some very bad finnishing and some just awful goaltending and we win. yeah. now we wait a week, and play them again in the semi's.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 3 - guildford 1.....game was alright, knowing we needed at least a point we came out hard and got a quick pk, their guy handled the ball in the box. got another one and it was that way until the 80th min when guilford scored their goal of some sloppy defending on our part. then jimmy jones put on a dangle show in the last minute and scored a sick goal to secure our spot in the playoffs. the ref was ABSOLUTE shite ! this guy is just garbage who doesn't know how to call shite. i am certain both teams would have played a better, funner game with no ref. looking forward to next week, wonder who we play....

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C4L

Don't know the end result of the WRU game, but I left at half-time the Tigers were up 3-0 - due to dodgy keeping on our 'back-up' goalie.

The team were dominating the game, had about 6 good goal-scoring chances in the first 30 mins - Tigers, never made it out of their half.

They then had 3 shots over the next 10 mins and scored on all 3 efforts, all of which were savable if our starting keeper was there.

I left at half-time, seen enough.

Based on the other results, it didn't matter anyway.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what was the score in the peg v. pylons game last nite? once we have the results i think the playoff tree for 2south can be completed.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what was the score in the peg v. pylons game last nite? once we have the results i think the playoff tree for 2south can be completed.
They played tonight, because Holly Park field was rough shape apparently. Wescoast did u say they messed up your points on knights league or is that correct for you?

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
pylons 2-1(pks) peg game was called after 70min because no one was officially home team and givin a key or code for the lights

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
well 2 south looks to be solved now...
1 peg
2 guildford
3 pylons
4 coyotes
5 westcoast
6 vault
peg n guildford with byes first round.....we play westcoast n vault v pylons.....

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
FACK!!!! Vault FC 2- Pylons 0 (Game delay due to lights).... Lights turned on 10mins into game then went out, but still light enough to continue till half. Lights didnt come on, ref called the game and we waited for 45 min...and nothing...Waiting for what the league says...But the game was all ours 1st half, 1st goal may have been off side "So says pylons whole bench" i think it may have been, but goalie got chipped on a break...2nd goal came 10mins later off a beauty break where out striker just burned the D-line then the goalie...Shitty game had to end this way... Pylons are lucky they got out... Looking forward to finishing them off

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 4 - westcoast 1....we got two very quick goals in the first half which really seemed to take confidence away from WC. then they got one back as our defender just gave their guy the ball, he took a few steps and shot it over our keep and into the net. then we came back with a cracker of a goal to pretty much seal the deal. despite being up 3 - 1 we weren't playing very well. second half however i think we did much better got more passes together and a late goal by me to finish westcoast's playoff run. im pretty sure if cheema wasn't in net the first goal and maybe the second goal wouldn't have gone in but i guess he's the backup for a reason.....at least they'll be playing div 2 next winter.....your welcome btw

with vault winning last night looks like they'll play peg and we'll be playing guildford again, twice in three weeks...

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 4 - westcoast 1....we got two very quick goals in the first half which really seemed to take confidence away from WC. then they got one back as our defender just gave their guy the ball, he took a few steps and shot it over our keep and into the net. then we came back with a cracker of a goal to pretty much seal the deal. despite being up 3 - 1 we weren't playing very well. second half however i think we did much better got more passes together and a late goal by me to finish westcoast's playoff run. im pretty sure if cheema wasn't in net the first goal and maybe the second goal wouldn't have gone in but i guess he's the backup for a reason.....at least they'll be playing div 2 next winter.....your welcome btw

with vault winning last night looks like they'll play peg and we'll be playing guildford again, twice in three weeks...

You can't take credit for a spot in Div.1 being open and three Div.2 spots being open I know you would like to.

Yea those 2 goals took the wind out of our sails and the first for sure with the flat ball. You guys score and the ref goes" that balls flat." oh well. I re injured my hammy and only played the first 15 mins. We had our chances but were all swedish and no finish. We had mostly a full squad except at the start with our sweeper wasn't there yet and showed 5 mins in.

Good luck hope you guys play Guildford so I can make the trip out to that game. But with a teammate playing on Guildford Utd I will be cheering for them.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Dynomo 4-0 Sundowner FC. Game called 20 minutes early because jackass on our sideline who does play for us wouldn't shut up after a straight red to our guy. Not much to say, reffing was shockingly horrible. I usually give reff's a break because i use to be one, but this was just a shame. having said that, I can't fault dynomo, they came right at us and were rewarded early and often. We shyte the bed big time. we couldn't put two passes together, yet we still hit 4 bars. This game had the feeling that if the ref had let is go to fulltime, they might have added to there tally. Good luck dynomo.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0