Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Provincial B CUP - KAKA talking

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the schedule posted earlier on here was changed recently....the "VMSL #4" team is the Green Devils, we forked our way in with an interior team dropping out....or was it that the soccer gods knew we'd been screwed by the ref in the cup qualifier? ...either way, a bunch of us haven't trained in months but should be good to increase revenues at the garden....should be fun!

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's how the schedule looks... sorry if the formatting isn't the best:

FRIDAY, JUNE 13
Group Home S Away S Venue Time (pm)
A Mission SC Chilliwack Men’s Hugh Boyd RED 4:00PM
B Richmond Allblacks Burnaby Men’s Hugh Boyd RED 8:00PM
C Bombasics “A” Douglas Park Rangers Minoru 8:00PM
A Cowichan Desmesh FC Hugh Boyd BLUE 6:00PM
C ISSC Harps Courvas Hugh Boyd RED 6:00PM
D Whalley Strikers Gorge FC Richmond High AT 6:00PM
B IG MicroMend Dragons VMSL #4 Hugh Boyd BLUE 8:00PM
D Ante Up United Peace Arch Select Hugh Boyd OVAL 6:00PM

SATURDAY, JUNE 14
Group Home S Away S Venue Time
A Cowichan Mission SC Hugh Boyd Red 9:00AM
A Desmesh Chilliwack Men’s Hugh Boyd Blue 9:00AM
B Burnaby Men’s IG MicroMed Dragons Hugh Boyd South 11:00AM
B Richmond Allblacks VMSL #4 Hugh Boyd Oval 11:00AM
C ISSC Harps Bombasic Hugh Boyd Oval 1:00PM
C Courvas Douglas Park Rangers Hugh Boyd Red 1:00PM
D Whalley Strikers Ante Up United Minoru 1:00PM
D Gorge FC Peace Arch Select Hugh Boyd South 1:00PM
A Chilliwack Men’s Cowichan Hugh Boyd Blue 1:00PM
A Mission Desmesh Richmond High 1:00PM
B IG MicroMed Dragons Richmond Allblacks Hugh Boyd OVAL 3:00PM
B VMSL #4 Burnaby Men’s Hugh Boyd South 3:00PM
C Douglas Park Rangers ISSC Harps Hugh Boyd Oval 5:00PM
C Bombasic Courvas Hugh Boyd South 5:00PM
D Peace Arch Select Whalley Strikers Hugh Boyd Blue 7:00PM
D Ante Up United Gorge FC Hugh Boyd Red 7:00PM

Disappointed that Bonefish will only be watching from the sidelines... but glad he's a Gorge fan!

4pm nice ummm pretty sure thats a horrible time i mean people dont work until like 5 or anything, this cup is bs anyway pretty sure im not even gonna bother playing

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummm. 4pm aint that bad. At least it is in Richmond. When the Blaze went to Vernon we had the first game time and had to start with 9 guys. Against the locals. The tournament is fun but lots of teams dont get their full rosters and are missing players and isnt a true indicator of the various leagues or teams strengths.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I never saw that. Hmph, wonder who made up the schedule...You are asking a team from Mission to show up in Richmond to play another team from across the globe in Chilliwack at 4pm!?!?!?! Oh, and looky there, they get 9am spots on Saturday morning too! :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right, I wouldn't qualify Chilliwack and Mission as out of town like the Island teams...and as such I'm pretty sure the guys didn't think they would be needing to take the day off...

Why (And I don't care personally since I am not participating or rooting one way or the other, save maybe for Whalley) does the furthest 'local' teams get the least desirable k/o times both days in a row?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right, I wouldn't qualify Chilliwack and Mission as out of town like the Island teams...and as such I'm pretty sure the guys didn't think they would be needing to take the day off...

Why (And I don't care personally since I am not participating or rooting one way or the other, save maybe for Whalley) does the furthest 'local' teams get the least desirable k/o times both days in a row?

Jesus murphy. It's called a random fcuking draw.

Last year in Chilli there were 3 games played at 16:00 on Friday. That included teams from Vancouver and Richmond. Did they bitch and moan about it? No.

If you don't care, then why are you sticking your blue nose it?

eagerlyawaitingseptemberwhenvalleywhinersgobacktovalleythreads

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would take a day off. But that's me :) I'm also dissapointed you're not rooting for us ;)

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
4pm nice ummm pretty sure thats a horrible time i mean people dont work until like 5 or anything, this cup is bs anyway pretty sure im not even gonna bother playing

Just stay home then. We'll all be better off not having to hear you bitch and moan all weekend.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any team taking less than 20 guys doesn't have a chance. We showed up with 14 last year and couldn't compete with those numbers. Also don't worry about filling your roster with illegal players as more than a few teams did last year and they weren't even checking cards in the games. They should change the format of this tourney to the same as the A tourney. Last year the best team in the tourney won it but I don't think that is usually the case due to the format. Good luck.

JTL

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucklehead will be cracking down hard on the illegals. Just like Mauricio, he likes to run a tight ship.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus murphy. It's called a random fcuking draw.
Is it? Both Mission and Wack playing the first games on both days? It looks as random as first degree murder
Last year in Chilli there were 3 games played at 16:00 on Friday. That included teams from Vancouver and Richmond. Did they bitch and moan about it? No.
They aren't bitching and moaning about anything, I am simply pointing out a brutal flaw in the schedule that heavily favours the 4 home teams from Richmond, funny that, since it is a BC Soccer Tourney...
If you don't care, then why are you sticking your blue nose it?
Just pointing out the facts mate, leave my bluenose out of it, since when did it matter who posted what on TTP?
eagerlyawaitingseptemberwhenvalleywhinersgobacktovalleythreads
Last i checked this was the BC Soccer B form provincials thread, didn't know that it was an offense for a Valley observer to point out flaws in the schedule...

Goalsmith

May 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do 4 out 6 Richmond teams make B Cup provincials anyways? And why don't they have an A cup rep?

VISL got one of their spots for this years tournament hijacked last year by a lame BCSA ruling. They should have been awarded the extra spot, not a .500 Richmond team.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do 4 out 6 Richmond teams make B Cup provincials anyways? And why don't they have an A cup rep?

VISL got one of their spots for this years tournament hijacked last year by a lame BCSA ruling. They should have been awarded the extra spot, not a .500 Richmond team.

First off, The Richmond League does not play on "A" forms. Their first division teams play on "B" forms and as such can only play and qualify for the B Cup. Same as the Burnaby league.

As for the lame BCSA ruling. If one of your reps don't show up there has to be consequences. The team that didnt show could have told the league they couldnt go and had the league send someone else but didnt so you have to pay for that with one less spot this year. I dont see the injustice in that at all.

fowler

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, The Richmond League does not play on "A" forms. Their first division teams play on "B" forms and as such can only play and qualify for the B Cup. Same as the Burnaby league.

That's not what goalsmith was asking about. It looks like he was wondering WHY they don't have any teams signed to "A" forms. Thanks for stating the obvious though. It was very helpful. :rolleyes:

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's not what goalsmith was asking about. It looks like he was wondering WHY they don't have any teams signed to "A" forms. Thanks for stating the obvious though. It was very helpful. :rolleyes:

the defending champions dragons are a team consisting of 35-40 year olds. do you reasonably think they should play on the "A" form? Most of their players are known A form players but are now old.

So it's a challenge for the rest of the teams on the B form to beat them.

Go Harps!! Oh the mighty Harps.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0