Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Provincial B CUP - KAKA talking

Goalsmith

May 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
200,000 people and you can't put an A cup team together?

And there is still that 4 out 6 burning question...

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still doesn't explain how 4 out 6 teams get a BC birth.

We only have 3 spots but when Vernon dropped out last week, we were given the opportunity to fill the spot as the hosts; and rightfully so. Ante Up can play with any of these teams so it's not a stretch.

As for your A forms question; we'd have to put the entire division in on A forms and well, only the Dragons are A Form calibre; with all due respect to the other 5 teams. Who would sign an entire division on A Forms when only one can play at that level?

And Blaze is 100% right. When you no show then you will be penalized by losing your spot. A team showed up expecting to play on the Friday night only to find that an Island team pulled a no show. What do you expect to happen?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
our game is now 6pm which is a way more reasonable so i dont think i will stay home, so tuna you might have to hear me bitch and moan all weekend sorry bro

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know this question has posed a number of responses, but do Knight's League suspension's factor in for provincials?

They most certainly do. Susupensions from affiliated leagues have to be served thu Provincials. Not a predicament you want to find yourself in; having played a guy that should be sitting out.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They most certainly do. Susupensions from affiliated leagues have to be served thu Provincials. Not a predicament you want to find yourself in; having played a guy that should be sitting out.

Seriously? That's retarded. As stated before, I'm pretty sure the FVSL doesn't count the Knight's League's games as games missed for their suspensions, as you're signed to different forms (or whatever reason). I guess our games just became tougher.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If JB submited them to BC Soccer then absolutely they count, he certainly will have for any for "violent conduct"

he's a stickler for the rules.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucklehead, say suspension is 1 game, does that mean he can play in games 2 and 3? Or does the 1 game have to be served in the league? Not looking forward to playing short if we don't have to Saturday night.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's the banter?

The grass fields that are being used seem to be in great shape. Hopefully the weather smartens up. Should be a fun weekend.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group A: Desmesh - solid team with lots of skilled players
Group B: I.G. MircoMed Dragons FC - can't bet against the defending champs
Group C: ISSC Harps - first team to give Dragons a run in RSSL for a couple years
Group D: Gorge FC - Based on Whalley's wedding conflict, Ante Up's suspensions, and Peace Arch's age, Gorge seems like the best bet.

Darkhorse: Estrella De Chile

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucklehead, say suspension is 1 game, does that mean he can play in games 2 and 3? Or does the 1 game have to be served in the league? Not looking forward to playing short if we don't have to Saturday night.

I'm not the Discipline chair not am involved with the KSL, so what I think/know is not relevent:D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not the Discipline chair not am involved with the KSL, so what I think/know is not relevent:D

What you think is not relevant, but what you know certainly is, seeing as you have likely been dealing directly with BCSA regarding players suspended from your league whose teams have qualified for this tourney.

Stallion, from past experience it seems that suspensions do carry into Provincial Cup. I would get a letter from KSL stating the player is carrying a 1-game suspension, provide that to BCSA and ensure that they agree he will sit out the 1st game of the tourney, and be eligible to play in the remainder.

Good luck to everyone!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You would think, And I'm definitely no authority on the subject, that your guy could sit one game and then get on with it...

If players had to serve their suspensions and miss out on a tourney like this and not have the games counted towards their suspensions then players that have a 1 game suspension from the play in the VMSL or FVSL wouldn't be able to partake in the KSL or any other BCSA sanctioned summer league.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What you think is not relevant, but what you know certainly is, seeing as you have likely been dealing directly with BCSA regarding players suspended from your league whose teams have qualified for this tourney.

Stallion, from past experience it seems that suspensions do carry into Provincial Cup. I would get a letter from KSL stating the player is carrying a 1-game suspension, provide that to BCSA and ensure that they agree he will sit out the 1st game of the tourney, and be eligible to play in the remainder.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm meeting with KSL tonight to see what the deal is and how many games etc. That being said we should still be able to field a strong team, the wedding conflict only affects us for our last game against PAU (and they're old ;)). From what I've heard about Ante Up they're not that good (but who knows?) and so I think the group will be decided in our first game at Minoru vs Gorge. Hope they take the late ferry :D

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good luck to everyone![/QUOTE
If it is a 1 gm, then yes, you are able to play after gm 1.
But, I don't know the specifics of that suspension so I am hseitant to be to specific.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My strong suggestion is to have all appropriate documentation with you at the park tomorrow on check in.
The last thing any one wants to see is a team get the boot for playing a suspended player.

I'm not sure what appropriate documentation would entail. If the KSL says he's suspended for one game and we sit him out the first game, how can we get booted?

On another note, has anyone been training for this? I hope not.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0