Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Provincial B CUP - KAKA talking

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jungleboy,

If yellow/red cards received while playing summer soccer count and carry over to Provincials, then why wouldn't sitting out a string of summer games count as serving one's suspension?

You're right though. The RSSL think tank are going to have to figure this out pretty quickly.

this only happens in the B cup since there is a 6-8 week gap between the regular season and the B cup.

Disciplinary is always and should be a one way street. Even exhibition games where yellow/red cards were shown will constitute a suspension. But when you start mixing suspensions from different leagues in different time periods, all hell break loose.

From reading the rules from BCSA, your team must have PRIOR approval from Canucklehead and BCSA of your intentions of sitting games out and they must okay them in order for games to be served as suspensions. It would be pretty lame if you can haphazardly say these games from Richmond Summer league count as suspensions served. And I know Keith Kornder doesn't keep track of who plays in each game so it's really your honorable word against everyone else.

So did you guys get approval from BCSA in April for Rav and Jason to serve the suspended games in Kornder's league? Ya, we all know that answer.

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jungleboy,

If yellow/red cards received while playing summer soccer count and carry over to Provincials, then why wouldn't sitting out a string of summer games count as serving one's suspension?

You're right though. The RSSL think tank are going to have to figure this out pretty quickly.

PART 17 Suspension Past the End of Season

1. End of Season
a) When a player or team official within jurisdiction of the Association has been suspended for misconduct for a specific number of games and the suspension is not completed within the current season, the suspension shall carry over into the following senior or youth season.

b) A player if expelled or suspended shall not be eligible for membership in any other affiliated team or league without special permission of the Association, pursuant to Rule 11-Discipline, paragraph “e”.

District or league Discipline Committees may determine if individuals suspended for a specific number of games at the end of the winter season, will be permitted to serve end of season suspensions in an affiliated summer league under their jurisdiction.

And we all know Canucklehead never determined prior to the start of the Richmond Summer League if Rav and Jason were allowed to serve suspensions in an affiliated summer league. Given the 5 and 7 game suspension respectively, the executives will have a hard time letting them not serve any suspensions in the RSSL. Best scenario would be to seat 3-5 B cup games and then miss a few September games. It would be a crock to serve meaningless games in April and May in another league and then claim angel status.

The second hurdle was that you needed permission from BCSA to sign Rav and Jason to the summer league.

If you guys did it by the rules, you got yourself a smart person on your team.

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tuna, usually if you receive cards in summer soccer, you usually serve the suspension in that league. It's b.s. if you can serve your suspension in any league. Compound the fact that players play in multiple leagues in the summer, how does BCSA keep track? It makes a mockery out of the disciplinary suspension. Since Harps is well aware of your two players suspended for greater than 5 games each, we would be against them playing in the provincials. It's a clear benefit for your team if they are allowed to play when actually your players suspensions should hurt your team.

So Chris Huggins from Ante Up should just sign up with any affiliated summer team and he can get his 7 game suspension served. It doesn't sound right but that's what you're proposing a player can do.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My bad for stirring up a hornets nest on this one. I was not at any of disciplinary hearings so I'm probably speaking out of turn here.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This sounds like a little roll reversal from 2005... remember when the All Blacks squealed on the Dragons for playing a suspended player and got them booted out of the tourney? Must be time to return the favour...

stirringthepot

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This sounds like a little roll reversal from 2005... remember when the All Blacks squealed on the Dragons for playing a suspended player and got them booted out of the tourney? Must be time to return the favour...

stirringthepot

Poor Edwards.....still getting grief for that. I don't think he even saw one shot on net. But didn't the All Blacks play a suspended Rav that year too? (I see a trend happening there). Better check the Chinese league discipline list this year.

Playing suspended players is nothing new in the B Cup. It happened in the 4 we played in, hell, we even pointed out the suspended player but the reply we received was "no way, why would a team do that?", she was such a naive soccer Mom, but definately not a MILF.

It will happen again this year and next. The B Cup is a glorified summer tournament with sketchy reffing and cold beer. Those who take it too seriously need to spend some more time at the Buck, er, I mean the beer garden....support the local league!

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

stirringthepot

It was actually the other Richmond team who ratted them out. It's all water under the bridge by now.

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Chris Huggins from Ante Up should just sign up with any affiliated summer team and he can get his 7 game suspension served. It doesn't sound right but that's what you're proposing a player can do.

Interesting development. Ante Up has been granted a berth to the Provincials. Did Chris seat some summer games out? Will he serve his supension in September whereas Kumar and Padviakias from the all-blacks get to play in the BCs?

Another fine mess BCSA has created.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beckhamandposh,

Who's told you that Ante Up are in? I just assumed that they'd be running the beer garden and cleaning the out houses. Is it that an out of town team has dropped out?

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beckhamandposh,

Who's told you that Ante Up are in? I just assumed that they'd be running the beer garden and cleaning the out houses. Is it that an out of town team has dropped out?

canucklehead sent an email to the managers.

It'll be interesting now seeing that Chris Huggins with the 7 game suspension with Ante Up might still miss the provincials since they were not planning to be in the BCs and may not have tried to get around the suspensions by signing for a summer league team. The outcome from BCSA will be interesting. I already know some players from other leagues with suspensions are gonna try to get their suspension reduced by signing with a team. Funny part one guy did his ACL and can't play. I guess his 5 game suspension is gone if BSCA allows this to happen.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting development. Ante Up has been granted a berth to the Provincials. Did Chris seat some summer games out? Will he serve his supension in September whereas Kumar and Padviakias from the all-blacks get to play in the BCs?

Another fine mess BCSA has created.

Ante Up places 4th out of 6 teams and qualifies for the provincials.....brilliant

This suspension issue is very interesting though. Basically what they are saying is you could knee chop a guy in your last game of the year and then sign with a summer team. You never play, nor had the intention too, but technically serve your suspension. Now you're eligible for the first game of the next year. Brilliant again!!

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or knee hack a guy in your last game before provincials and not be allowed to play. It goes both ways.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like a ruling from BC Soccer that ensures that the piece of turf that did my ACL is not involved in the provincials.

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is riveting conversation on TTP.

What happened to all the trash talking? You all can kiss my a$$! Especially Stallion!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0