Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Provincial B CUP - KAKA talking

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, thank you... we'll try to prove u right! :eek:)

I'd pick us, but we have a wedding on the Saturday which results in us losing too many key players (though if we can have 2 early games we'll be alright) but if we did happen to make it through to the Sunday games we'd be in real tough, as proven last weekend we're not too good playing really hung over :D

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group 4 looks pretty weak

2 and 3 are the hardest , with the winner most likely coming from one of these groups.

IMO, Darkhorse is in group 1.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
just my opinion !
Winner group A Desmesh
" " B Dragons
" " C Harps
" " D Gorge
Fitness play a big part of winning 5 games over 60 hours is tough.
good luck to all

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know when game times will be? It would be nice to know when we are playing on Friday and Saturday.

I see Stallion is already making excuses about why his team will not make it to the next round. Sounds familiar.

gt5

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Stallion is already making excuses about why his team will not make it to the next round. Sounds familiar.

Are the games on turf? If not they wouldn't win anyway...

How does this work out? One game Friday two Saturday and Sunday? Does any know how long before we know when the game times will be?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are the games on turf? If not they wouldn't win anyway...

How does this work out? One game Friday two Saturday and Sunday? Does any know how long before we know when the game times will be?

BCSA is finalizing the schedule and I hope to have it this week. Once it's finalized i will have it up on our site.
All teams are guarenteed 3 games (1 Friday, 2 Saturday) with semi and final on Sunday.
Games are at Hugh Boyd/Minour Park. 4 AT and 2 grass fields.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BCSA is finalizing the schedule and I hope to have it this week. Once it's finalized i will have it up on our site.
All teams are guarenteed 3 games (1 Friday, 2 Saturday) with semi and final on Sunday.
Games are at Hugh Boyd/Minour Park. 4 AT and 2 grass fields.

I hope we get turf :D

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
only teams playing in the semis and final play on Sunday. So that means most can get wasted Saturday night without any excuses. Teams losing Friday usually get wasted to both nights.

Is there a social for the girls this year? or is everyone hitting the Buck afterwards?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
only teams playing in the semis and final play on Sunday. So that means most can get wasted Saturday night without any excuses. Teams losing Friday usually get wasted to both nights.

Is there a social for the girls this year? or is everyone hitting the Buck afterwards?

Beer garden and M&M Meats on the BBQ wil be happening at Hugh Boyd. Support the event and head to the Buck after the Beer Garden shuts down:)

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beer garden and M&M Meats on the BBQ wil be happening at Hugh Boyd. Support the event and head to the Buck after the Beer Garden shuts down:)

no worries canucklehead. The cougar action at the Buck doesn't start till it gets dark.

Is the shriners hosting the beer garden? or did you get a good number of volunteers from the league?

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of town teams sure are in for a rude awakening if they choose to pull a full shift at the Buck / 3rd Ave Pub afterwards.

Hey Canucklehead, why don't you ask Ante Up to run the beer garden? It's not like they're doing anything else this summer?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of town teams sure are in for a rude awakening if they choose to pull a full shift at the Buck / 3rd Ave Pub afterwards.

Hey Canucklehead, why don't you ask Ante Up to run the beer garden? It's not like they're doing anything else this summer?

Or Padvaiskas....Looks like he should be available too:rolleyes:

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

No, he should be good to go. By then, he would have sat out 7 games of the RRSL summer schedule. We've had to put a gag order on a few of our more vocal players.

Will you be gracing our presence as a ref?

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

rav kumar too. Order too few beers and then you get head butted. Great way to increase beer sales.

So that's 2 all-blacks players not eligible for provincials?

Saw Kusch is with the women's and men's national team. Is he coming back and playing for the dragons for provincials?

I like Harps chances.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
B&P,

Rav Kumar has not only sat out that same amount of games, but he's also found religion. Scottish handshakes are a thing of the past for him hopefully.

I like the Harps' chances as well. Haven't a couple of the lads had to move back to the old country though?

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did BCSA change the rules again?

Provincial Cup Discipline
The Association’s Discipline Rules and Regulations will apply to all players in provincial cup competition, including all suspensions currently being served. All discipline assessed in the current season, for misconduct which resulted in expulsion, shall apply to cup competition qualifying rounds.All districts and leagues entering teams in cup competition must provide the Association with a list of the player suspensions currently in effect, at the start of the competition.

Canucklehead will have to sort out with BSCA.:p

It's illogical to let players serve suspensions anytime they want. If say two players each got a 7 game suspension in the league final. One player goes on vacation and has no intentions to play summer soccer but registers on a team. Does it mean this player has served his suspension? It wouldn't be fair for the other winter teams, unless this player misses games in provincial play, which is tied to the winter league in which the suspensions came from.

Now the second player doesn't register for summer soccer. He can't play till the end of October. Similar circumstances, different fairness when serving the suspensions.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jungleboy,

If yellow/red cards received while playing summer soccer count and carry over to Provincials, then why wouldn't sitting out a string of summer games count as serving one's suspension?

You're right though. The RSSL think tank are going to have to figure this out pretty quickly.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0