Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Masters Provincial Cup Banter

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach:Guess Shuey hasn't told you what happens when we get together and start drinking Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.....my family would not be happy....although the drive home is shorter than from Clinton. See ya at the golf tourney.

Cheers

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 5 Cliff 1

Cliff came out strong the first 30 min with both teams trading chances. Columbus scored first but Cliff cam back and tied it up. Turning point was when Cliff missed a peno to make it 2-1 but Trevor made a good save to keep it a draw. Second half we came out on a mission and took it to them with relentless pressure and basically they ran out of gas. Kevin with two huge goals, I don't think Cliff had a shot on net the entire second half. Anyways good win, two down two to go.

Cheers!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little more detail:

UVIC went up 2-0 in the first half on goals from Tony Legg and Nick Gilbert. Westside did not show well at all in the 1st half. Didn't even look like they thought they were in a cup game. In the second half UVIC decided to sit back and defend their lead. Big mistake. This let Westside think they were in the game and they actually created some chances early. Westside finally got on the scoresheet with not too much time left, I think Catliff headed in the cross. They had a couple more great chances with no time left sailing the ball over and/or wide a few times. Full marks to UVIC, the better team on the day, but should rethink sitting on a lead in the future. The game overall was a dud from a spectator POV. I'm looking forward to playing Coveside tomorrow.

Cheers.

Okay - back from a defeat bender in Victoria. Yikes, did a few of us make up for losing that game by assaulting the pubs in Victoria.

First of all - hats off to UVic - you are a classy team and a bunch of good guys. I certainly wish you could make your way into the VMSL - you would be a good addition. Especially thanks to Moreno and Grant for all the hospitality. Cheers.

As for the game, I think we all had some bad clam chowder on the ferry or something that caused us to be asleep in the first 20 minutes. UVic scored on their only two chances. The first one, I will have nightmares for the rest of my life on. they crossed it in, their Big John was fairly marked, but while coming across the 14 yard, even fading away, popped his head on it, the ball going over me, and then time went very slow as it bounced no less than 5 times before trickling into the corner. he did a great job to get the head on it, and somehow everyone was flatfooted and couldn't do anything. Their second was a nice one that Nick finished strongly. With about 15 minutes left in the first half, we woke up and started to press. In the second half, I think they temporarily entered our half 3-4 times. We had virtually all the play, finally scoring, and were very unlucky not to tie. I do not think it was because they sat back on the lead. Because, with that kind of pressure, you would think they would have changed strategies. Nick went down and their guys were dog tired.

But, alas, all that makes no difference as the only thing that matters is how many times you put it in the back of the net relative to the other guys and we came up short.

Good luck UVic for the rest of the tourny.

And with that, I say . . . FORE!!!

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 - 1 treights over cove.....just finished. all 4 in first half, all decent goals, not too chippy, altho a lot of play in the vic teams end in the 2nd half.......

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay.....I am going public ;)

Coach, good for you, and there is nothing wrong with that.

But enough about that.

Semifinals:

Surrey FC vs Vantreights

Columbus vs UVic

Ironically, both home teams host their Island opponents on the Island.

Predictions?

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday, April 26th

Royal Athletic Park GRASS at 12:30

Surrey Rangers vs Vantreights in Men's Master's Cup

Royal Athletic Park GRASS at 15:00

Columbus FC vs UVic Alumni in Men's Master's Cup :cool:

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vantreights 3 Coveside1

Good game, Coveside are a class act, not like the rest of you whiners from the mainland.
Treights went up 2-0 early and the Coveside team didn't fold and battled on. Pleasure to play against, and wish them luck in the future.

Galby

Apr 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, full marks to Coveside who are a classy bunch. A fun game today. We are a bunch of plumbers who have no right still being in the top four, however this makes us the worst team to play against as everyone should beat us - even our own refs whistle against us. Looking forward to next week, don't eat too much on the buffet.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like another round of good games, and a couple of good semi's coming up. Like to see a Columbus/Surrey FireRangers final -- maybe just to give the VMSL a third crack at them... it could be the charm.

Like to be a fly on the wall at RAP next weekend, if just to share a beer with Vicman. Good to see you are still alive, could have used you in the final at Squamish today, we couldn't buy a goal against the hometown favorites. Thanks to the Bear Cubs for lending a hand Saturday... one for playing, one for drinking...

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would help if your BBQ served sausages in the buns.

I also cannot believe that I was dumb enough to ask Dickens to get me a hotdog, which ended up being a bun with about a quart of mustard in it and four (stem and all) hot peppers, and no sausage. And I eat it anyway.

You want a hotdog, go to Orange Julius or 7-11.

Whiteshoes took over the BBQ and did a great job. Once the Rangers went up 1-0, we made the call to bring in the 36 hour marinated moose roast.

Sorry WAB, I should have known better to leave a Welsh person in charge of the BBQ after beer touched his lips. Roberts quickly turned into Frank the Tank. 8 Beer later raw geegers were being handed out like yellow cards during the game.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok Regs and you Colemanj......stirring the pot with quotes of "Surrey FIRErangers".....yes..there are FF's on the team...but you all know we are no longer joined at the hip.:eek: That being said...Rangers/Columbus in the final...

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0