Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Langley Summer League

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Us Nomads emptied our cooler as well, but it is a minime cooler...

time to invest in one with wheels etc. :D

Plus sitting around pinting without a game to watch after ours takes a lot of the fun out of it...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jezus, I thought you guys were just boring in your winter forums I had no idea it carry's over to the summer too. Bloody shame.

The Nomad/ABC side I thought, from my seat in the beer garden, was out-played for much of the match by a group with the average age of 16. I thought I was in the DMV parking lot with all the N’s and L's on the cars.

And by the way… they fell over because at that age their boots weigh more than they do, so to call it diving, is off. We’re lucky it wasn’t windy we could have lost a few.

Question: Utah was cooking chicken in the dark after guzzling 6 pints… how many Lizards were bent over the toilet bowl this morning with ecoli?

For those keeping score at home I shook hands with Mo and Chuck last night so cross them off the list. Anyone know where the Wagners and Nukes are this week? I have some catch up to do.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Nomad/ABC side I thought, from my seat in the beer garden, was out-played for much of the match by a group with the average age of 15.5. And they fell over because at that age their boots weigh more than they do so to call it wasn’t diving is off. We’re lucky it wasn’t windy we could have lost a few.
You must have been a few too many pints in knvb
first off, not one ACBC player was there last night. That is all Nomads, One SFC Ranger, a keeper from one LUFC D3 team, and two guys (spares) from Delta Metro United.
We were not outplayed, on the contrary...we had most of the possession.

The goal they scored was 1/2 my fault and 1/2 the Right Wingers fault (Damn SFC Ranger ;) )
He took the ball into the corner and got caught up, I left my RB position to help him and the Sweeper bit left...we got caught out three on two, and against those young bucks and their speed, good luck.

Other than that they missed one shocking sitter.

We had one breakaway not get finished, two or three narrowly missed nets that had beaten the keeper, and they were very very lucky to not go down to ten men 5 minutes into the second half when their sweeper thought it was a good idea to haul our striker on the breakaway down with a shirt pull, instead the referee has a soft spot for the young lad, and gave him a yellow...for what I don't know...

There was too many ticky tack fouls they committed let go, and too many non fouls get whistled on us.

give the lads credit though, they defend well as a team and close down well in pairs and counter quickly.

But I'm not complaining...I just take offense to the comment we were outplayed by 15.5 year olds when we weren't.:confused:

...and there was a lfc3 sighting prior to the Lizards/Dynamo game from what I was told... ;)

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
first off, not one ACBC player was there last night. That is all Nomads, One SFC Ranger, a keeper from one LUFC D3 team, and two guys (spares) from Delta Metro United.

The goal they scored was 1/2 my fault and 1/2 the Right Wingers fault (Damn SFC Ranger ;) )
He took the ball into the corner and got caught up, I left my RB position to help him and the Sweeper bit left...we got caught out three on two, and against those young bucks and their speed, good luck.

We had one breakaway not get finished, two or three narrowly missed nets that had beaten the keeper, and they were very very lucky to not go down to ten men 5 minutes into the second half when their sweeper thought it was a good idea to haul our striker on the breakaway down with a shirt pull, instead the referee has a soft spot for the young lad, and gave him a yellow...for what I don't know...

There was too many ticky tack fouls they committed let go, and too many non fouls get whistled on us.

give the lads credit though, they defend well as a team and close down well in pairs and counter quickly.

But I'm not complaining...I just take offense to the comment we were outplayed by 15.5 year olds when we weren't.:confused:

...and there was a lfc3 sighting prior to the Lizards/Dynamo game from what I was told... ;)

no worries jd im there next game !!!! :knvb: lets rock and roll !!!! u missed me at all john?

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jezus, I thought you guys were just boring in your winter forums I had no idea it carry's over to the summer too. Bloody shame.

The Nomad/ABC side I thought, from my seat in the beer garden, was out-played for much of the match by a group with the average age of 16. The I thought I was in the DMV parking lot with all the N’s and L's on the cars.

And by the way… they fell over because at that age their boots weigh more than they do, so to call it diving, is off. We’re lucky it wasn’t windy we could have lost a few.

Question: Utah was cooking chicken in the dark after guzzling 6 pints… how many Lizards were bent over the toilet bowl this morning with ecoli?

For those keeping score at home I shook hands with Mo and Chuck last night so cross them off the list. Anyone know where the Wagners and Nukes are this week? I have some catch up to do.

Give us some credit we're jsut a lowely div 3 team :rolleyes: The kiddies have some skill, I hear two of them have already signed to fill your roster spot, they shake hands after pk losses ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah phoned me to tell me that the Nomads were outplayed by a bunch of 15.5 year olds.

Can anyone confirm this?

Anyone?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh, I'm sorry, did I give the impression I cared?

Why in a summer beer league you feel the need to justify your play against 15. 8 year olds is clearly beyond me, then again so is why Mrs. Utah can still live with Utah after seeing the man naked. Yeeesh.

Dude, roller hockey last night? Seriously.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok, after 3 nibbles on the bait I'll bite. Dude missed last nights game due to coed net ball. I didn't even know they played that still. Apparently all the ladies after the game talked Dude into coaching next game as his lay up skills were shite as there is no backboard.
We played decent fitba for the first 10 minutes and then our fitness failed us, then our touch,then our passing, and finally our comprehension of the game. Thank God we scored 2 goals early or we would have been done. Play of the game was when our keeper, 'Schultz' gave one of their forwards the 'Ya Holt' shout to throw him off.
Dynamo however looked good and with their new additions should fair well. I didn't get a chance to catch much of the Nomads match but it seemed fairly even. Good to see the kids hold their own.
Not sure why that Dutch bastard KNVD was out let alone why he was chatting up the misses. We usually break even on the cooler but when he's around we seem to be out $30.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo however looked good and with their new additions should fair well.

Did you manage to catch any of the new guys names? They fked off so fast I never got to even add them to the teamlist... :confused:

However, they should be indentifiable by the cleat rake mark should they return to play ever again. ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He.

He is our receptionist / bookkeeper / shipping guy / guy who makes my coffee in the morning. Now also co-ed netball team manager.

He multitasks and is very good at the stuff above.

He's my manceptionist. Leave it at that.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He.

He is our receptionist / bookkeeper / shipping guy / guy who makes my coffee in the morning. Now also co-ed netball team manager.

He multitasks and is very good at the stuff above.

He's my manceptionist. Leave it at that.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOYD!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0