Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals [2006 Challenge Cup] Senior Men's National Championship

BC Teams @ Nationals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
colemanj said:
Lot of talk about a referee that I didn't even notice? Looked like a classic battle of well organized but tired 4-4-2 and 2-4-1-3 sides. The holding mid-fielder of Ontario stifled all Calgary attempts at passing through the mid-field, and it looked like Calgary was too worn out to be able to get their outside midfielders and backs deep to break them down at the back.

Calgary's little midfielder was a gem though, he was really the only entertainment out there. All in all disappointing as everyone has said, might have been a better game on day one or two?

Spot on........the referee did his job and that's why he wasn't an issue, except to Stoolman.

stoonsoccer

Oct 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There certainly are foul categories as I have suggested to you before with my hand ball example. I would also suggest that in lower divisions that a tackle may not be a card because it may be ability of tackler may have led to accidental contact. As the level of play increases the chance of "accidental" contact is almost nill as players at the world cup are in complete control and intend every such contact.

I achieved my class 1 in several Provinces including yours. I may have gone further with Refereeing but I do not partake in the kiss ass system that is necessary to get further than I have achieved. I would rather leave a game with the respect of 22 players than some pencil pushing geek with a clipboard that wouldn't know a good game of soccer if it hit him in the head. I believe it is more important why you blew your whistle than how you blew it!!!

Referee assesor moto: It's the Referees game.
My Referee motto: It's their game, I'm only here to give them a hand.

Want proof: If a Ref shows up alone can he have a game? Obviously not. But 22 players can certainly have a game without a REf.

Good luck with your Ref career, don't let them take your spirit for the game from you.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I achieved my class 1 in several Provinces including yours. I may have gone further with Refereeing but I do not partake in the kiss ass system that is necessary to get further than I have achieved. I would rather leave a game with the respect of 22 players than some pencil pushing geek with a clipboard that wouldn't know a good game of soccer if it hit him in the head. I believe it is more important why you blew your whistle than how you blew it!!!

We finally agree on something, Stoon. :)

Your proof is mince because without a ref, the game is not official, which in turn makes the 22 players moot. The ref can show up to a field and still get paid if the teams forgot to show up or tell the ref the agenda was changed. :D

Pedantic Level 3 or 4

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just read in the local Surrey Leader that $10,000 was awarded to the Men's and Women's National Club Championships that were held at Newton in October. This money came from the 2010Legacies Now Initiative. Makes one wonder what that money went towards when you read all the posts about the tourney. :confused: :confused: :(

Silver

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. What could it have gone towards?

I suppose transportation for the teams (buses from hotel and back) and maybe referee fees?

Wouldn't everything else pretty much be volunteer-based?

I certainly hope Sapperton are given at least a gesture amount from that award for the cost of putting on the social.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There seems to be a lot of that lately, it's like an advertising bot or somethnig that creates an account, posts an ad and the moves on to the next website. That's my guess.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
There seems to be a lot of that lately, it's like an advertising bot or somethnig that creates an account, posts an ad and the moves on to the next website. That's my guess.

Certainly somehow related to that ****ing article bot......Thank fcuk that option is gone.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of stuff happens behind the scenes these days that requires the admins of this site to manually attend to. I am deleting 5-6 new registrations daily before the spambots even get a chance to post. My TTP admin inbox receives 20-30 spam messages a day through the contact us form here.

I am always trying to look for new things to increase the benefits of using the site, including ArticleBot. Some things work, some things don't, some things just need some tweaking/review to get right.

I'm not saying this to complain, but more to maybe give some here a better understanding and appreciation for the work that goes into maintaining the site.

Thank you for being a member of TTP.

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0