Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 RRSL-Airport League [Summer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Knight

Sep 29, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who and where is everyone playing tomorrow?
Stew, the schedule please, thank you.

Stew may still be out of town for holidays after the Kamloops tournament. But, here's a copy of the latest schedule - Larry Wong gave it to all teams recently.

August 3
ATH – AC Diefenbaker
INT – MNB Burnett 1
CAN – CHA Mitchell
COS – JUS Burnett 2
UN – SPR Walter Lee

August 10
CAN – MNB Diefenbaker
UN – JUS Walter Lee
INT – SPR Burnett 2
ATH – CHA Burnett 1
COS – AC Mitchell

August 17
INT – AC Burnett 2
ATH – MNB Mitchell
UN – CHA Burnett 1
SPR – JUS Walter Lee
CAN – COS Diefenbaker

August 24 (6:30)
CAN – AC Burnett 2
UN – MNB Mitchell
SPR – CHA Diefenbaker
COS – ATH Burnett 1
INT – JUS Walter Lee

August 31 (6:30)
UN – AC Burnett 1
SPR – MNB Burnett 2
COS – CHA Diefenbaker
INT – CAN Mitchell
ATH – JUS Walter Lee

Field Location (all in Richmond)
Diefenbaker Hermitage Dr. (East of No. 1 Rd.)
between Steveston Hwy & Williams
Walter Lee Ash Rd south of Francis Rd
Mitchell No. 5 Rd & Cambie Rd.
JN Burnett Granville Ave. and Railway Ave.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope, not out of town; actually just hard at work :rolleyes:

Defaults suck; you'd think that with 25 guys on the roster that we'd be able to get more than 7 out to start a game, even against a bunch of hackers like Air Bankrupt...:rolleyes: We ended up having to split up their extra guys to make the game (close to) even and the score ended up 6-3 (not that anybody was counting :rolleyes: ).

Hopefully better turnout against Rattled and friends tonight; I like thumping Bruno :D - known him too long...

time to go stock the cooler with more

beerZ,

stew:cool:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain 1 Canadians 0 by default.

Well after losing last week I guess my team didn't care to even showup for lastnights game. I apologize to Vinnie and the lads on Champlain, I have no idea why my squad didnt showup, :confused: and I still don't know as to where they were as today, no one wants to answer their bloody cell phone. :mad: :rolleyes:

Any other results?

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UN 9 SPURS 3

Ah not much to report other than that the spurs had 7 men to start the game and then 2 more showed with 20 mins played. Really hard to take these games seriously when the other team barely has enough to start. Felt bad for them having to run around and chase although I have been on the other end of a bad numbers game once or twice myself :( . The highlight had to have been the guy who was playing goal for them (made some good saves considering) had had enough and decides to come out of net. Within about two minutes he get's a free kick 25yrds. out and then bends it around the outside of the wall with the outside of his foot to put the sucker top shelf , great cracker! The Rattler could be heard yelling " why didn't you play out to start with ? " . Anyways good clean game by both sides and hard lines to the spurs who needed a few more numbers to help their cause' , onto next week and la justice if i'm correct. cheers Rattler

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:
Champlain 1 Canadians 0 by default.

Well after losing last week I guess my team didn't care to even showup for lastnights game. I apologize to Vinnie and the lads on Champlain, I have no idea why my squad didnt showup, :confused: and I still don't know as to where they were as today, no one wants to answer their bloody cell phone. :mad: :rolleyes:
Ditto to Vinnie and the lads,

I drove by at 7:10 pm and our team wasn't there so I left and called the "Spare Tire" Daddy Douglas and was told Jimmy the "Piano" didn't get a phone call??? from the Prez as to where the game was. WTF is all that about?? I think the "Spare Tire" is now taking over CIC. STEW, can you PM me the Prez's email and phone number as Douglas needs to contact him and get the remaining schedule forwarded to Douglas instead. I think the Piano is in the dog house now.:D

CHAB

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rattler:

Thanks for the props - when you're like us and down so far every direction is up, they do mean something...:D

The goalkeeper was SCP; he lurks on here occasionally. Like you mentioned, it would have helped us make more of a game out of it with a couple more bodies - especially the ones who didn't bother to let us know that they weren't coming.:mad: Even still, the guys who were there put in solid efforts all round....

CHAB:

So you guys decided to take the week off and nobody bothered to tell CIC? Must be his boots...:D

beerZ,

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
CHAB:

So you guys decided to take the week off and nobody bothered to tell CIC? Must be his boots...:D

beerZ,

yeah but I showed up at the park so they did that to me also. CIC, beerz are on the Piano next time we see him.

CHAB:rolleyes:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
INT – AC Burnett 2
ATH – MNB Mitchell
UN – CHA Burnett 1
SPR – JUS Walter Lee
CAN – COS Diefenbaker

Last week, finally with a full compliment of bodies, lost a back-and-forth to Inter 4-3. Shocking, really - my first chance up front all year to start the 2nd half and somebody had the nerve to bounce a ball from the wing off my thick heed and into the back of Inter's net.:eek: Now these lazy shites will be expecting me to be able to do this every week....

SCP played half the game in net and the other half out; no more free kicks for him. Should have kept him in goal; two of theirs were at least partly caused by the world's shortest keeper not being able to get to balls that were out of his reach. No sign of Gurps - has he fallen off the planet again?

Burnett sucks - far too many mosquitos, even for somebody with blood pockets in his alcohol stream, like me. Almost makes having pints at the pitch after a game untenable....hey WhiteKnight, what's with your choice of teams - nobody drinks at all except you.....

To be fair, talked to Mikey from Inter; he says his head is still ringing from a concussion compliments of the Barley keeper from the game the week before. Animal, any comments?

We have El Presidente's Injustice squad next; should be a different story with more bodies available for "selection" (can I throw some back?)....

CHAB - El Presidente can be reached at 867-5309.....

need another beer,

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mikey ran our keeper and got the worst of it, he should have gotten a red but I think cause he was hurt he only got the yellow.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not surprised he got hurt; Mikey's about a buck-forty at best, ringing wet with his teeth in. Who was in goal for you guys?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
August 24 (6:30)
CAN – AC Burnett 2
UN – MNB Mitchell
SPR – CHA Diefenbaker
COS – ATH Burnett 1
INT – JUS Walter Lee

Vinnie:

Are you going to have enough players for a team tomorrow? Team Sporadic should actually show up that night, so I'm expecting a game out of youse.......:p

Last week started shorthanded :rolleyes: without a keeper (actually with NoHands in goal). 2-0 at the half by the time our 11th guy sauntered onto the pitch. McEwan looked not too bad in the pipes for them, and Eddie Fuchs was dangerous every time he touched the ball. Too bad he can't play at a higher level than with these guys and with the Reds in the winter; this guy is a quality player.

Thankfully, El Presidente didn't get a sniff at the net. Fcuk you, Larry:D !!!

beerZ,

stew:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0