Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 RRSL-Airport League [Summer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Air Canada 3 Malt n Barley 3

This was an interesting match, as the game was scheduled at Diefenbaker school but the park was double booked and there was 150 kids there for what is called Micro soccer, we moved to Boyd #4 and even though the grass was long and the pitch was a bit bumpy it sadly is one of the better pitches to play on in Richmond this summer. AC started the game with 8 players took the lead 1-0 then had 11 players went down 3-1 lost a player to injury down to 10 men and came back to draw 3-3 go figure?! Welcome to the Airport league, and did I mention we had the astounding referee talents of John AKA Vegvoda.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: RRSL-Airport League

I heard games were postoned as the league is having trouble finding fields. We were cancelled. Not even sure of our team name this year. Does John still ride up in his bike and then after the game proceed to drink a few of your Bevies?

CHAB

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh ya John is last to the Park and first to our cooler...what team did u play for last? Apparently there are 10 teams in the league this season we'll see how long that lasts.

Dirty Daddy 3

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Being one of the coaches of the 150 micro-players I must commend the two men's sides for the way in which they packed up and moved fields. There always seems to be one or two players who raise a fuss, bitch and complain but that was not the case last night.

Then again... that might be because I wasn't playing on either men's team.

Well done lads there was a lot of young ears about.

Dirty

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dirty Daddy 3 said:
Being one of the coaches of the 150 micro-players I must commend the two men's sides for the way in which they packed up and moved fields. There always seems to be one or two players who raise a fuss, bitch and complain but that was not the case last night.

Then again... that might be because I wasn't playing on either men's team.

Well done lads there was a lot of young ears about.

Dirty

Thanks for the Props Dirty Bird they're may be the next Michael Owen playing out their in that Micro Soccer; hopefully we don't run into that again.

If we do may we suggest some other alternative as there is a lot of field space outside the actual playing surface.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vaselos said:
Oh ya John is last to the Park and first to our cooler...what team did u play for last?

The Canadians I think. We have gone through so many name changes that I don't even know anymore. Half the guys in the league have played with each other at some point.

CHAB

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Guys:

Apparently what happened was that Manoah Steeves Park is out of commission due to being rebuilt, and we don't get to use South Arm until the kids are done there as well. Means that there are really slim pickings for pitches this year. I've talked to El Presidente about this, and he says that the schedule will only be available week-by-week :rolleyes:

Also, heard that there were more games cancelled on Wednesday night :rolleyes: Our first game last week was cancelled as well. We ended up playing on Thursday night. 4-4 tie with Cosmos in a real defensive struggle at Diefenbaker. They were up 4-1 at halftime, too :rolleyes: We also suffered through Father John with this one, too. Cheers to Vinnie for making it out of the dumpster.

Vaselos: there have been 10 teams most years that I have played in this league. Father John tries to ref as many games involving M'n'B as possible; ask Animal or Grandpa Tony about that, and how often he drives them nuts.

Teams this year, with known TTPers (some historical):

AC BC (new team) - WhiteKnight
Air Canada - Vaselos
Canadians - CHAB
Champlain Heights - Vinnie, Termatopylakis, (Club I Champ)
Cosmos
Inter Steaua (new team)
Justice
Malt 'n' Barley - Animal
Spurs - stew, Gurps, (Hedkandi)
UN - (Smallsy, Steamo)

Hopefully, some of these guys can be coerced back into providing some feedback about their games... Vinnie ran a league website for a couple of years, but it died from lack of input from the teams - not enough of them would provide game results for standings. Would be nice to get this back

CHAB: is Bobby still around? I know he couldn't play last year, but it was still nice to see him out at the pitch once in a while. He used to be quite an impact player.

Looking forward to seeing who we get to thump next week ;)

beers (lots of them)

stew :cool:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

stew said:
CHAB: is Bobby still around? I know he couldn't play last year, but it was still nice to see him out at the pitch once in a while. He used to be quite an impact player.

Stew,

No Bobby is no longer around. Last season, he ran the Cosmos when we ran the Canadians or whatever name it is. We've flipped back and forth over two teams the past several years because the league needed equal number of teams and we always had enough for two teams so I think two years ago we were called "America" of some strange name and we put all us OLD guys on it. Last year, we had both the Canadians and Cosmos and all the young guys went under the Cosmos name and the OLD guys played under the Canadains. I never really paid attention. This year, we handed the Canadians to Douglas' son Jimmy and he is running the Canadians and someone else is running the Cosmos. Are you confused yet because I am!!!

I'll PM you on Bobby but he's taken a turn for the worse.

CHAB

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

CHAB:

Not that confused yet, since we just played Cosmos, and I recognize a lot of faces on all of the teams now, as I've been playing in this league for 13 years :rolleyes: .

Is Dougie still playing? I owe the cabron a couple of pints.... :)

Got your message; hope Bob's okay. He's a good man.

cheers,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

CHAB:

Yeah, the "America" came from Dougie as well - not for the Excited States of Youmurrica, but for Club America from Mexico City; favourite team of Chilangos (and wannabe-Chilangos) everywhere. Kind of like the Man Ure of Mexican footy. :D

Jimmy's not a bad player either - got some Mexican skill, and he's big enough to mix it up with us gringos too.

Any idea where or when you guys are playing this week yet? Haven't heard anything from El Presidente since last Monday, so I'm kind of wondering....

Other news: talked to Mikey from Inter; he says that they got blown out by UN in their first game 10-0. Another close defensive struggle... :rolleyes: AC BC lost their first game 6-2 (not sure who against).

Hoping we can get back to Wednesday night beerz at either the Buck or O'Hare's soon,

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vinnie ran a league website for a couple of years, but it died from lack of input from the teams - not enough of them would provide game results for standings. Would be nice to get this back

I still have the site.
It is rather moot right now as the schedule has gone all to sh*t, the fields are all mixed up and I don't get any results.

Stew, thanks for allowing us to play.
You looked kinda funny flopping around like a fish out of water between the pipes. TUNA!!!!!

Cosmos had some decent players but were very weak in areas.

Looking forward to actually having our team play a game this week

Vinnie

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Round Boy:

Felt more like a duck in a shooting gallery than a tuna - you guys gifted them too many breakaways on me. Notice how the back line tightened up after I came out of the net and played there instead? :D

Finally got some schedule info for this week from El Presidente:

Wed night:

Air Canada vs Justice @ Hugh Boyd Oval
AC BC vs Inter Steaua @ Walter Lee
Malt 'n' Barley vs Champlain @ Hugh Boyd 4

Thur night:

Cosmos vs UN @ Diefenbaker
Spurs vs Canadians @ Walter Lee

Vote 4 Me,

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Stew.....

any scouting reports on the Canadians?

Too many Rum and Cokes on the weekend, well the last few weekends, and not enough training. :D

Gurps

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps:

Central Scouting says that they are old (kind of like we are), and have a player who Can't Head A Ball, as well as some Mexicans who are confused about their nationality (ie name changes from Canadians to America and back again). They definitely don't like beer as much as we do. I forsee their keeper developing a red rash on the back of his neck from the goal light going on behind him. :D

Vote 4 Me,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps:

#@%!$!#!!! El Presidente just emailed me; Spurs vs Canadians has been moved to Diefenbaker instead of Walter Lee (still on Thursday). Not sure what that means for the Cosmos vs UN game.... :rolleyes:

Vote 4 Me,

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

stew said:
Gurps:

Central Scouting says that they are old (kind of like we are), and have a player who Can't Head A Ball, as well as some Mexicans who are confused about their nationality (ie name changes from Canadians to America and back again). They definitely don't like beer as much as we do. I forsee their keeper developing a red rash on the back of his neck from the goal light going on behind him. :D

Nice Stew........ Okay, As to the Old guys, there are apparently just three of us now. Dougie, Mike and myself, all on the back line but since the game has been moved to Thursday, you guys miss the opportunity to play some well seasoned veterans as I have to work and the other two Mexican wannabees also play in the Over 35 league in Ladner so I don't know if they will be playing. Now Stew, every year it changes on our team and from what I know, Jimmy is running it with a bunch of his young bucks and the ageless wonders (that's me, Doug and Mike) are the only oldies over 35. So don't expect the geriatric team of previous years. Besides, Bob isn't playing so you guys can't skin him on the outside anymore.

Good luck tomorrow. I heard my boys won 8-1 last week but I have no idea who we played, for that matter, I have no idea who the hell is on my team.

Crawling back under my rock.....

CHAB

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps:

Diefenbaker is the same field that you visited with us last year; just south of Williams between No. 1 and Railway on Fortune Dr. Rum and cokes are great for training; they keep you very well hydrated...

CHAB:

We miss Randall :D

Most of our players are over 30 (some of us well past it :rolleyes: ), so any chance we get to take it to a younger team we relish. I think your game last week was against AC BC (not the strongest side in the league), so it's difficult to gauge. Too bad your geezers won't be out to play against our geezers; I like being able to give Doug a hard time.

beerz,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0