Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Kamloops Tourney August Long

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Army's Army. as i have now decided to rename the B-Team. did not try the 11 man wall. We did however have a successful onside kick in our game on Monday. The look on the other teams faces as we ran our whole squad to the left was awesome. You could see their opposite field players thinking about do we go and cover our guy or not. We recovered the ball just outside the 18 and were rewarded with a corner. Nothing but magic to see it work nonetheless.

Our theme song managed to lull our opponents into a false sense of security and none but the lone team to beat us were prepared to handle our bullshit.

Stew,
Helmets were fully distributed after i found the rest of the troops. They were on R&R at the hotel. The gas mask was retardedly hot but well worth the effect.

Best line i heard all weekend was after we won our monday game.
From Midfielder of losing team, " That team is bullshit. how did we lose to them?" :D

It was beautiful.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well what can be said about this past weekend?!?!

Another great August long with the Highlanders in fine form!! I don't know how but I ended up with a bed both nights - next year I promise k-vale7 and I will work on getting our own room!! :D

I would have some unbelievably great photos to post in the gallery but unfortunately my very expensive camera ;) was lost somewhere in the mess that was Stepchild and Jacko's room. (Although it was nothing compared to the damage that Studs up and Co did to their room).

Too many people to mention but bad kit Sunday was another rousing success. Nobody can do skid better than Stepchild. The daisy dukes were a little scary but most mouses were kept in their houses. :wa:

Of course the weekend was stolen by Hammerbag Smurf, aka "Smurf" Nolte who took a lickin' and kept on tickin' until angry Jacko got a hold of him after the dance and looked very guilty covered in Smurf blood. I think Hammerbag took over from Guiness as the rape victim this year (especially by BlazeArmy) :eek:

Can't wait for next year!!

P.S. Who was that deranged woman who thought the barn dance was a formal and showed up in a 1989 red sequinned prom dress? :confused:

Rosco

Nov 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the guys in the daisy dukes were awesome! sooo hot, i loved the linesman and so did the ref appararently!

can anyone tell me what is up with all the young kids that go up there just for the soccer? entering in rec division (where they clearly shouldn't even be) and just slaughtering other teams who were actually up there for fun? they really seemed to take pride in kicking our assess on sunday when our girls were dryheaving on the field from the night before :rolleyes:

we were 1 and 2 and thankfully didn't have to play again so it all worked out in the end anyways :)

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Rosco,

I would have to agree with that. We entered the Women's Open division and did great with a 5-0 and a 5-1 win on Saturday but a 8:30 am sunday game against a bunch of 16 & 17 year olds from Edmonton. What's with that? We only lost 3-1 but with subs and a curfew :rolleyes: we could have taken them. Then we get a 5:15 pm Open Semi Final game against a Kamloops team and they are all U18!!!! Where's the fun in that?? Next year I'm getting some players who don't drink in case we have to play a bunch of kids with a curfew. You wonder why 2 U-18 teams were in the Women's Open finals.

Stew, sorry I didn't suit up. Maybe next year our games won't conflict and I'll see if I can convince the "Piano" and the "Spare Tire" to come up with us.

CHAB

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, what can I say about that weekend! Lets start with the longest work day EVER on tuesday. :D I just want to make a shout out to our MIA friend downtown...........the table diving has reached new levels, at least 10 people got into the mix and that teams are now using your material....onside kick....during their games. Kinda brings a tear to my eye, I wish you were still here! :rolleyes:
Anyways, eddie and smurf noltie were great new additions to the Highlanders. Nice work guys. We have already come up with next years sunday "clothing" theme, it will defin. be a great one. Has anyone seen eer, him and noone are missing?
I also want to thank my new KICKASS friends from sunday, those 2 guys ROCKED!! Glad they made it home from the Crew concert on fri. so that we could have kicked it in the beer gardens. These 2 skid-bots made my rocker outfit look foolish, seriously.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know you have made your mark in an 80+ team tournament when the organizer opens the awards speech with " Are there any Delta Highlanders still here?"

Some Highlights:

Balsa and Spazz getting engaged in the beer garden on Saturday.

Daisy Duke/Redneck/Trucker Sunday

Singeing my eyebrows and eye lashes during a flaming lambrougini gone wrong.

Spearsy playing a total of 48 seconds and ending up -1 for the tourney.

Our 8:30am game Sunday that looked nothing like the game of soccer.

Some examples of our I (heart) _____ t-shirts
-bootycalls
-drunk tanks
-national geographic breasts
-cuddling
-spooning, but rather be forking
-pink taco...pizza

Scoring my first goal this century, Saturday afternoon.

Stepchild's Sunday outfit.

The freaky Lionel Ritchie album cover.

The fight in the Women's game with the nasty tackle (brokrn arm), the open handed slap and the flying double forearm to the neck.

By the way did anybody notice the flags were missing from the Executive Inn? Wonder what happened there eh, Guinness? :eek:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
By the way did anybody notice the flags were missing from the Executive Inn? Wonder what happened there eh, Guinness? :eek:

Security was looking for the flags Monday around noon. As well as at 5:30 am. Hopefully evidence of flags was well hidden. I also saw a maid basically crying over the state of the Jim, Jimmy Jimbo room.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i really do love snatching kiss...

i would have posted already but it took me this long
for my hands to stop shaking!...welll allmosst. ;)

i still can't believe i got red carded for a lovely tackle
on hammerbag smurf...it was clearly all ball :rolleyes:

good times, great memories, destroyed liver.

I HEART KAMLOOPS :wa:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, What a tourney again this year. Mvp has got to go to Smurf Nolte for his exceptional performance all weekend until he lost his head. Spearsy, err I mean PUDDLES a close second for his ability to do just about nothing all weekend long accept lift his head to take another drink.
Yes the Kits were good all weekend again but my favorite still has to be K-Vale's prom dress at the dance. Absolute cracker!!

BTW we did come home with team medals so must have accomplished something up there! :eek:

Parkhead

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
You know you have made your mark in an 80+ team tournament when the organizer opens the awards speech with " Are there any Delta Highlanders still here?"

You know your a bunch of morons when........

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
Milhouse said:
You know your a bunch of morons when........
Stranger, I don't get it? What do you mean? Sounds like your life must be filled with such excitement that you do not have to enjoy such weekends with friends out of town. :rolleyes: Besides, were you not happy when the circus came to your town?

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were there and we won it on the pitch and off the pitch. You might of seen us go up and collect our $800.00 cheque! :wa:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
We were there and we won it on the pitch and off the pitch. You might of seen us go up and collect our $800.00 cheque! :wa:
First off, what division? Secondly and of most importance,who cares!
I am sure if you won it off the pitch that someone would be talking of how much fun your team had.

Your the best, luv Stepchild! :rolleyes:

Rosco

Nov 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
obviously you didn't have too much fun off the pitch if you won it...just admit it, you were one of the teams with a curfew doing a cooldown after every game:p

Dancing Bear

Sep 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually,

We're just that good :D No bother with having a bevvy and playing football the next day......2 years in a row. Those who can, do it. Those who can't sing folk songs about us.

You can look at us, but you can't touch us. We are the people! :wa:

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancing Bear said:
No bother with having a bevvy and playing football the next day
There is the problem right there, when your coach gives a quota of 6 drink minimum between games, and the teams steps it up to 10, you have to think that the games are going to be a bit of a muckleshoot. Especially when you are playing against a Prince George team that isn't old enough to drink, and the team you play sunday morning had a curfew.

At least we know the Blaze were out drinking, since we shared the floor with them again this year.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancing Bear said:
No bother with having a bevvy and playing football the next day

I'm sure everyone can have "a bevvy" and play the next day. If having a drink and then winning a tournie makes you guys folklore then I guess most of us are legends. Face it with having a bevvy and winning that just means you guys are basically like those teams too young to drink.

Enjoy winning a tournie which most people on here by the looks of it don't really care about.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
joely_the_goalie said:
At least we know the Blaze were out drinking, since we shared the floor with them again this year.

Did they steal booze this year like I errr they did last year? ;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0