Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Greek Summer Soccer League

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MegaPrime

Captain Shamrock said:
Do you fcuking play in the league or not? If you do, which I'm guessing you do, then go play pick-up soccer if you don't care or respect the league. If you don't play then don't go watch it. Go play pick-up. Seriously, if you're not on the wind-up, go sort yourself out and NEVER go to PofWales again. It's simple really.

:D

Save it. I don't listen to a moron/internet nerd like you. Understand?

Don't care about what you say or your opinions so stop talking.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MegaPrime said:
Save it. I don't listen to a moron/internet nerd like you. Understand?

Don't care about what you say or your opinions so stop talking.

So you're basically making a fcuking arse of yourself. I'm sure the Greek fellows on your team appreciate your sniveling. GTF.

Captain Internet Nerd

P.S. I forgot to pass this link on. I'm genuinely concerned about your well being because you're obviously an unstable individual. Your welcome in advance...

http://www.bcmhs.bc.ca/content_handler.asp?content_file=homepage.asp

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MegaPrime said:
. What happend Sunday broke the straw on the camels back.

You mean it was the straw that broke the camel's back?

More evidence of your challenges, Megaprime...and I'm not even talking about your challenges on the pitch.

Fil...where would you rank Mega on your roster after Peshy, Dennis, Marko, TA, and yourself?

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the weather is going to hold so everyone break out the lawn chairs, bring your BBQ's and Coolers Greek day is coming to PW.....who's bringing the Souvla???? :knvb: :knvb: Happy Days!!! :wa: :wa:

Stath I'm bringing some ribs....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

S.T

May 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vaselos said:
Looks like the weather is going to hold so everyone break out the lawn chairs, bring your BBQ's and Coolers Greek day is coming to PW.....who's bringing the Souvla???? :knvb: :knvb: Happy Days!!! :wa: :wa:

Stath I'm bringing some ribs....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

The weather is starting to scare me for tomorrow...... :(

Nonetheless........I will have Holly water........ :wa:

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunny here in Richmond....Not to worry should be at least 15 and Sunny tomorrow on the Westside get your BBQ ready Stath and the beers will be flowing.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although Olympiakos lost their final match 4-2 , we didnt finish our work.

We had a 2-0 lead with 25 minutes left....and blew it.

Great game with some hard challenges.

The officiating was great...no complaints. :rolleyes:

I wont even bother, I have succumb to the realization that I play in the Greek league.

The geegers were flying around, and so was the souvlaki! Great showing by the SOA members who looked as though the had been camping for days.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow what a day unfortunatley the league is now over in what seems a shame as all the teams seem to be more competitive as the season progresses almost makes you want to play everyone twice or at least add 3 more games to the season.

The last two games were great, my game with PAOK vs OUZO was a classic as both teams had chances to win by plenty with a back and forth pace that had the crowd at PW just roaring, many said that game could have finished 5-5; sadly each team was dissapointed with the 2-2 draw that saw Olympiakos claim yet another League Championship their 5th since 2000.

The last game was fun to watch as PAO took on Olympiakos winning 4-2 in an exciting game.

The cup starts next week, we can only hope for the games to be as fun to watch.

The BBQ's and Beers were out in full force as Ouzo, SOA, and PAOK cooked and drank up a storm.

It was great that SOA stuck around for the day maybe some of the other teams should do the same, as it makes for a more exciting day for those watching and playing.

Final Standings

Olympiakos 5 1 2 17pts
Ouzo 5 2 1 16pts
PAOK 4 1 3 15pts
PAO 4 2 2 14pts
FC Salon 4 4 0 12pts
Evia 3 3 2 11pts
Sparta 1 3 4 7pts
SOA 1 4 3 6pts
Panonios 0 7 1 1pt

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vaselos...well stated.
I thought that the game was outstanding with some great (and not so great) tackles. There is a lot of talent on both sides and, as you said, that game could have ended 5-5. Dennis and Peshy won the half for Ouzo while TA and Marko had some great chances up front and were attacking at will (most notably the missed 2 on 0).

I think Zaurrini was on his own on the backline and it caught up to Ouzo late in the game. Art, Jimmy, Alex, and Cory were PAOK's best players. Billy was great in goal as well.

I didn't see any problems with the refereeing and thought that the man in the middle did a noble job.

Hopefully the Cup games will be as exciting.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
TA and Marko had some great chances up front and were attacking at will (most notably the missed 2 on 0).

I completley forgot about that ....

marcko had about 4 breakaways on his own...
When those two have a combined 6 breakaways, and zero goals to show for it, you know something bad is going to happen.

Paok keeper did very well in keeping them in it when it was 2-0.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
I completley forgot about that ....

marcko had about 4 breakaways on his own...
When those two have a combined 6 breakaways, and zero goals to show for it, you know something bad is going to happen.

Paok keeper did very well in keeping them in it when it was 2-0.

We did well to create alot of chances but me and Marko should have done better.We should have atleast 2 goals each. I got tunnel vision on the 2 on 0 and should have passed to George for an easy finish. I thought with a 2-0 lead we would have held them off as they didnt really have much up front but we scrambled/panicked alot at the back and I think it cost uswin. We'll bounce back strong next week and go from there.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
The geegers were flying around, and so was the souvlaki! Great showing by the SOA members who looked as though the had been camping for days.

And it didn't stop there. Pretty much all the players you saw there headed over to the Surrey Fest after that. Souvlaki, Spanakopita, Loukoumades and beer...then I wonder why I can't lose weight. Fcuk I'm tired.

As for our game I won't comment on it and I'll say we deserve to be playing in that playoff game to get into the cup. The only thing I'll say is can they please stop sending kids to do the lines as they seem to get intimidated easily.

The last 2 games were both good games. TA could have gone from goat to hero but it wasn't to be. Pao brought Olympiakos back down to earth and hopefully we'll have a full team next week both days and we can do the same.

Early predictions:

SOA-Panionios: Depends on what team shows up for SOA. Full team and we win comfortably. Players missing like yesterday and it'll be a tough one.

Quarterfinals:

Olympiakos vs SOA/Pan: If we make it I'll say stunning 3-2 win for us. :eek: If Pan. makes it then 6-1 Oly.

Ouzo vs Sparta: Depending on what Sparta team shows up will decide how close this game will be. If Sparta has a full team then 3-1 Ouzo. If not then 5-2 Ouzo.

PAOK vs Evia: Closer match then their last game but PAOK still to win 3-2.

Pao vs Solon: The oldtimers will keep the match close but with a full team Pao wins 2-1. Sorry Ballbaby.

M

MegaPrime

I'd like to congragulate ouzo on the best regular season in the summer league ever. Lot's of wins, lot's of goals, lot's of excitement.

It was dissapointing to draw our last game. For the first 70 minutes ouzo dominated the play and shut PAOK down but the last 30 min of the game it seemed like fatigue kicked in for ouzo and they just stopped running.

There were many instances when PAOK was attacking with 5 players and ouzo had 2 defenders covering them. This caused for a wide open affair and many missed chances where the game could have ended 10-9.

PAOK's backline also looked very weak without their injured sweeper as their replacement sweeper played awful and got taken advantage of as well as they seemed to have a revolving door of left backs which couldn't get the job done either.

Despite all that the game should have ended a 3-2 ouzo win with a 2 on 0 breakaway being converted into a goal, but that didn't happen.

Once again reffing for the last two games was bad, although not as brutal as the week before.

Now it gets serious as the playoffs begin. Every team has played many games so no team is rusty and everyone will bring their full squads out, except ouzo because we have injuries and players with cards.

M

MegaPrime

After seeing all the teams play it's obvious ouzo and pao are the top 2 while soa is 3rd, and oly is 4th.

pao showed how weak oly are by easily beating them 4-2. I don't see them winning the cup this year unless teams are missing key players and the reffing assists them. I wouldn't be suprised if this happened.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was dissapointing to draw our last game. For the first 70 minutes ouzo dominated the play and shut PAOK down but the last 30 min of the game it seemed like fatigue kicked in for ouzo and they just stopped running.

You should protest to the league, MegaTimex. Most leagues only play 90 minutes. It appears the ref played 10 minutes extra.

Now it gets serious as the playoffs begin. Every team has played many games so no team is rusty and everyone will bring their full squads out, except ouzo because we have injuries and players with cards.

How can a league which you think is Mickey Mouse get serious? I thought the pick up game was more serious? BTW, could you make any more excuses before the first playoff game? So Ouzo is the only team with many injuries and card troubles? It must be the referee's conspiracy against Megaprime and Ouze. :eek:

Alexi

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off MegaPrime aka Kosta aka hardon. You play in a better league? You are in 3rd division Burnaby, might as well quit the game and try something else , you are useless. As for your comments. Ouzo started out well and got 2 LUCKY goals retard... Both teams played well and either team could have won, do not forget we missed 3 empty nets in the last 20 minutes. We have great respect for Ouzo and most of its players but jackasses like you make Ouzo look bad. You are a useless tit and know it. Quit the game as the game has quit on you....
Regarding your whining about cards and injuries, PAOK has had 4 starters out almost all season and we have not cried and you are crying for your shite, what a joke you are.

Devilastro

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with everyones outlook on the paok/ouzo game, except for megadork of course, as it definetly could have gone either way. A tie was a fair result although like said before 5-5 should have been the score if not more. Megaplumber where do you get off saying that ouzo dominated the first 70 min. I would say the first half was pretty even as for the second half I will say that ouzo dominated the first half of it and paok the second half. Our goalie played brilliant and yours didn't have to as we missed empty nets. I agree with Alexi and we do respect ouzo, I know I do as I've played with your three best players Denny, Pesch and Marco and know they are all great guys but someones gotta put a muzzle on you megaprime your embarrasing your teamwith your stupid comments. Good luck to all in the cup. It would be nice to meet again in the cup, you agree? Zaurrini, Apprentice?

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You want pridictions I'll give you predictions:

SOA vs. Panionios: SOA look to be favourites here let's see how they handle it as there is more pressure on SOA than Panionios, SOA is used to playing in the underdog role so this will be a closer game than excpected. SOA the knod

Olympiakos vs. Qualifer winner: Olympiakos knew they had nothing to play for last week as they were already crowned League Champs before the game and this reflected their play as soon as they got behind. As far as their game goes Olympiakos have more talent than the other teams and fatigue will be a factor look for Oly to pull away in the 2nd half at about the 30min mark.

Ouzo vs. Sparta: This by far will be the best game of the day "if" Sparta has a full squad. "If" Sparta does this will be a nail biter, still look for Ouzo to pull this one off as they have some very talented players.

PAOK vs. Evia: A replay of last years 1st round cup tie as Evia pulled off the upset in the dreaded shootout. PAOK is wanting revenge and will not take Evia lightly, PAOK to advance.

PAO vs. FC Salon: PAO will not forget their emabarrassing 4-0 loss 2 weeks ago to the hands of Salon that loss knocked PAO out of contention for the league championship, PAO will win and win running away as Mario and the boys will be out in full force.

Most important of all do not forget your beers, bbq's and of course your lawn chairs...see you all on the pitch....Good Luck

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, both teams had quality chances ...but, I feel we missed way more golden oppurtunities...and all at the wrong times.

It was difficult having our team push for the winner, only to see 5 paok players coming at two Ouzo defenders.
Thank the Lord I watched Larry Robinson growing up, and I learned how to stop a 5 on 2.....

All in all, a great macth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0