Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Greek Summer Soccer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we're two weeks in and like usual, it is a tight race.

I dont know much about other teams, other than Champlains_Keeper is changing his name to Champlains_Stopper, or Champlains_rightBack.

He also has more info about other teams.

All teams are named after Greek Pro Teams....except for mine.

We are OUZO United. :wa:

But with the likes of The Apprentice, Zaurrini, Johnny Pesh., The Commish and a few other notables...we have a solid squad this year.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Greek Summer Soccer

Zaurrini said:
Well, we're two weeks in and like usual, it is a tight race.

I dont know much about other teams, other than Champlains_Keeper is changing his name to Champlains_Stopper, or Champlains_rightBack.

He also has more info about other teams.

All teams are named after Greek Pro Teams....except for mine.

We are OUZO United. :wa:

But with the likes of The Apprentice, Zaurrini, Johnny Pesh., The Commish and a few other notables...we have a solid squad this year.

Whoa. That's pretty stacked buddy. I haven't been out yet but look out when I make my debut after a three or four year hiatus.

FC SALON apparently. I hear we're pretty good. :rolleyes:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Zaurrini said:

Did you say Greek summer soccer or Italian summer soccer? :D

Your token Greek is a pretty good player though!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dial 9-1-1 said:
Did you say Greek summer soccer or Italian summer soccer? :D

Your token Greek is a pretty good player though!

No more I-Tie soccer :(

My I-Roc will be parked outside the Souvlaki Stand on Oak.

Some other Greek notables are the speedy Marco Miroslavic and Denny (Insert Greek Last name here...or ask Champlains keeper...he knows everything)

Ballbaby,
In the greek league if you have three people who can pass the ball in somewhat of a straight line....your team is considered Stacked. ;)

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

With all those additions you would think Fil's team is the team to beat but team Whalley Storm, sorry Panathinaikos did beat them 3-0. You b@stards are still a point up on us as we consistently shite the bed in front of the net and have ground out 2 draws.

Standings from what I know are

Team PTS.
PAOK 6
Panathinakos
Olympiakos 3 game in hand
Ouzo 3 Fil's team
Evia 3
Soa 2 my team
Sparta 1
FC Solon 0 game in hand
Panionios 0

Excuse my ugly table but there you go Fil. All teams except Olympiakos and FC Solon have played 2 games.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

One area we wont have problems is scoring goals.
It is keeping them out that will kill us.

Our first game doesnt count, I heard we only had nine players to start the game, and finished with eleven.
But c'est la vie.

Cant wait for our match against SOA!!!

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

From what I've seen so far, PAOK are the team to beat. However, it should be an interesting race for 2nd place........ :cool:

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inspector Blake said:
From what I've seen so far, PAOK are the team to beat. However, it should be an interesting race for 2nd place........ :cool:

Like every year in the Greek League there are only 3 maybe 4 teams that can actually play. As always you have PAOK and PAO then you have Olympiakos and this years darkhorse with their big signings is OUZO. SOA has looked better than in other years but then again both their games have been against depleted teams; but a point is a point.

This years league Championship will be played on Mothers day May 8th when PAO faces PAOK this will undoubtly be the most intense and well played match of the summer. What do you say we let the boys slide check in this one? :bronco:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vaselos said:
As always you have PAOK and PAO then you have Olympiakos and this years darkhorse with their big signings is OUZO.

My money is on Ouzo. That's a premier calibre lineup that Zaurinni noted. Then I'm assuuming it's got to be between PAOK and PAO. There doesn't appear to be much separating them except the letter "K."

My money is on PAO. There are too many Lobbans on PAOK by the sounds of it. ;)

Sorry Ballbaby, but I don't think FC Salon has a chance this year!

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dial 9-1-1 said:
My money is on Ouzo. That's a premier calibre lineup that Zaurinni noted.

Whose on defence for OUZO and Demos (keeper) is bound to let a soft one in here and there he has Nikopolidisitis!!!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

With all that finesse in the half, and TA and Marko up front, I think Zaurinni needs to take one for the team and sweep, especially in the big games.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vaselos said:
Dial 9-1-1 said:
My money is on Ouzo. That's a premier calibre lineup that Zaurinni noted.

Whose on defence for OUZO and Demos (keeper) is bound to let a soft one in here and there he has Nikopolidisitis!!!
TA and Zaurrini on defence
Jo0hnny Pesh and the commsih in the middle
Marco and denny up front.

We will win games with 6-3, and 7-5 scores

We are the Oilers of the 80's

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Zaurrini said:
TA and Zaurrini on defence
Jo0hnny Pesh and the commsih in the middle
Marco and denny up front.

We will win games with 6-3, and 7-5 scores

We are the Oilers of the 80's

U won't be scoring that many goals against PAOK, Sparta, Olympiakos (well maybe them, not sure about them this yr) and PAO well especially PAO since you were shutout by them. You'll fill the Net against teams like FC, Panionios, Evia, etc...

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

i few of us didnt play that game...with our full ine-up, we will be scoring a lot of goals against any team in the league.
Keeping them out...well, we are working on that

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Zaurrini said:
i few of us didnt play that game...with our full ine-up, we will be scoring a lot of goals against any team in the league.
Keeping them out...well, we are working on that

One thing is for certain it's good to see some strong teams in the league.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Zaurrini how can you guys score at will all of a sudden? None of these guys you have mentioned that have played in years past have lit up our league except for Marco. I'm telling you guys Pao is the team to beat if everyone shows up when it matters. Ouzo can't really be a darkhorse with these names they have. We will surprise a few team. Vaselos thinks he knows it all :rolleyes: . Good luck to all but I don't see Fil's team scoring that many goals per game unless Marco beats the offside trap alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0