Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 VERNON Tournament

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great weekend up in vernon, I am soooo burnt. I hate soccer shin pad tans. I think it's comical that we are still getting harrassed for going in rec when we only had 5 guys, and only 7 players from our actuall team. Last year we went in rec, but because we lost; it was just fine. When you win something, you must be cheating. Golf carts are starting to understand how the young guns feel. Well not really were still in our twenty's so we still feel good. :eek: It was nice to play some other teams from the okanagan, too bad they didn't know how to play soccer. It was actually fun to play the beernuts because it was a pretty even game. Despite the 5 minute bitch fest from both sides, I was impressed with the effort from both teams after a weekend of drinking and 4 games.
Sorry we didn't make it out to the bar on sat. night, the golf carts are actually very anti-social and really don't want to hang out with any of the other teams. That's the truth! :p I was enjoying my beer bong wayyyyy too much. I couldn't bring that into the bar.
Thanks dial for mentioning me.
Congrats to Lisa for being voted the top female on the rec side.
Well I'm not sure if it was a compliment or not because you really thought your girls were better.
Mylee R was phe-freaking-nomenal, She got "overlooked" as the tournament MVP--period!
But I would like to congratulate you for being an honorable mention, I didn't know you were a hundred years older than all of us! You shocked me. :eek: Really though the young guns played great against a PCL team. We definitly would of been shite kicked by you guys in the comp side. But I guess that's what everyone wants.
Another great year of coed soccer, see you all out on the field for winter league.
Lionheart

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
lionheart said:
But I would like to congratulate you for being an honorable mention

I was? Just because we figured out who you were, doesn't mean you know who Dial is...keep on fishing...I can feel a nibble. :D

Yes, I speak in the 3rd person.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This banter is great and all, but where are the stories off the pitch...something i could use against Balsa, Spazz and STD would be appreciated.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Union Jackers were not an easy defeat but we pulled it off (must have been because STD didn't play...? :rolleyes: )

Yes it is true I drove 4 1/2 hours only to find out that Snowman had cut me from the team and I was forced to drink beer after beer. I think I will start my own team next year. I wonder if the league will let me.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Thanks to STD for cheering us on in the beer garden

If I was cheering on the Young Guns I must have been drunk.

Hi I'm STD and I have a problem.

Sorry Millhouse no stories.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
This banter is great and all, but where are the stories off the pitch...something i could use against Balsa, Spazz and STD would be appreciated.

I'm not sure who Balsa is, but I did see Spazz on the telephone in her motel room dialing 9-1-1. She was complaining about some party at the Midway that was getting too loud and out of control. I don't know if she was referring to the 50-or-so people in the two rooms, or if she was referring to Striker 14.

STD was last seen collecting empty cans to pay off his beer garden's tab.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Get real Yoda. How old are you? How many years have you guys been in this tournament? You needed Bernie to pass this info to you?
Yoda, if you want, I can send you weekly updates on the 2005 Vernon tournament so the same thing doesn't happen again next year.

Ouch, slow down dial. We were well aware of the tournament, hence me being there at the tournament. I was only poking fun. Should have overused my smilies for you to see that.
I was just reiterating what Gavin had said and thougt it was odd that he sent info to only 1 person.
Updates would be nice though.

Sorry gotta go now, recess is over. Can't wait, we're doing finger painting right after nap time.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lionheart-if that was you who scored that last goal then nice job! Our keeper even said what an amazing shot that was! The game was good right up to that whole disaster scene..... :rolleyes:

Dial 9-1-1... you must have figured out who Striker14 was... it's not like you can't hear her! ...it wasn't me that called the entire Vernon Donut Squad but I'm sure whoever did was calling to shut up that loud, belligerent, cursing woman! ;)

Milhouse-we bahaved (can't speak for STD).... I think the only embarassing thing was Balsa's dancing at Impact! :bronco: (looked a little like that)
Gooner was entertaining though.... sipping Fireball from the bottle, playing hungover.... (the usual)

:D Spazz

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did everyone like having all the games at Marshall and none at the High School? Did it make a difference?
Beer garden was too far away from all the other fields in my opinion.
Anyone elses thoughts?

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
How did everyone like having all the games at Marshall and none at the High School? Did it make a difference?
Beer garden was too far away from all the other fields in my opinion.
Anyone elses thoughts?

I liked having all the games at Marshall. Yes, it must have made a difference: we lost and the Carts won.

I didn't think the beer garden was too far from all the other fields. If anything, all the other fields were too far from the beer garden.

Listen Yoda, if you don't add smilies, I have no idea if you're poking fun. You may as well be TheRob.

And Lionheart, what exactly did you mean when you used this :p symbol? Were you, too, poking fun? Did your MVP award make you think you were suddenly Michael Jordan? Or were you simply stating your sexual preference?

Hugs and Kisses
(maybe even a lick)

Dial

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
And Lionheart, what exactly did you mean when you used this :p symbol? Were you, too, poking fun? Did your MVP award make you think you were suddenly Michael Jordan? Or were you simply stating your sexual preference?

Hugs and Kisses
(maybe even a lick)

Dial

Now that was funny.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial,

You had better be careful what you are posting on here...

Mylee R was phe-freaking-nomenal, and totally shut down their male MVP of the tourney. She got shafted, no...not a good word. She got screwed....no, not much better. She got "overlooked" as the tournament MVP--period!

...especially when Mylee's PCSL teammates who had a playoff game that weekend are TTP regulars and didn't know where she was for our game when we only had one sub (She was still injured was the rumour) :eek: You are going to get that girl in trouble....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Dial,

You had better be careful what you are posting on here...

...especially when Mylee's PCSL teammates who had a playoff game that weekend are TTP regulars and didn't know where she was for our game when we only had one sub (She was still injured was the rumour) :eek: You are going to get that girl in trouble....
Yes, Dial, you should maybe edit your post so that there is no trace anymore of Mylee's exploits in this thread...

:D

~Regs.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Yes, Dial, you should maybe edit your post so that there is no trace anymore of Mylee's exploits in this thread...

:D
~Regs.

Nutmegs and Regs...
The Mylee I am referring to is Mylee Rodriguez. She came down from Kamloops to help us out and she also brought along her common-law husband, Lino, and his kids, Ricky and Phillippe. I'm trying to get Mylee Rodriguez to play for us next year. We had to get Mylee Rodriguez to come out since a lot of our girls had PCSL, and the regular Mylee from our team (I can't remember her last name) was injured.

Anyhow, hope that clears the confusion!

No need to edit my previous post, even though my 30 minute window for editing has long past!

And...thanks Nutmegs for bringing that potential controversy into the spotlight.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
9-1-1

I'm not sure who Balsa is, but I did see Spazz on the telephone in her motel room dialing 9-1-1.

I was the other old bald guy :D ......and since you didn't answer her call I had too. :p

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one has any pictures to post??

My camera is a 10 pound ancient thing that requires developing film so I'll post them probably in a year or so.... :rolleyes: (gawd I need a digital camera!)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No pictures but after reading your signature I am reminded of this classic line from Vernon.

Girl says: ref you're brutal
Ref says: Oh yeh and when you're on the field you're Mia Hamm

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't even get me started about the young female ref they had there.... :mad:

I think it was the game agianst the Cosmos (??) that she blew the half time whistle right as Striker14 had JUST taken a shot at net so as the ball has left her foot she blows it! Doesn't wait for the shot to finish or for a dead ball.... nope she blows it then and of course the ball goes in beautifully but doesn't count.

Now most ref's would wait until the ball was caught, or went out, whatever.

Even her calls in the final game were a little dodgy. And we pay these people?

But the most shocking thing there is that STD was close to a field to hear the ref!?!? I didn't think you left the beer garden?? :eek: :D

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was getting updates in the the beer garden so I heard it second hand but it still is a classic.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0