Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004/2005 VMSL Cup Draws

Status
Not open for further replies.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The one thing I miss about playing in the FVSL is how much they were organized compared to the VMSL. Why are the Cup draws not announced yet.

It's not like the executive have been that busy with all the park closures and cancelled games.

What's the deal?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Cup Draws

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE #4
2004-2005 LEAGUE CUP

2005-01-19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CUP DRAW WILL BE HELD AT THE LEAGUE OFFICE ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2005 IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE DISCIPLINE HEARINGS (APPROXIMATELY AT 8:00 P.M.)
Straight from the horse's... erm... godfather's mouth.

:D

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

robj said:
The one thing I miss about playing in the FVSL is how much they were organized compared to the VMSL. Why are the Cup draws not announced yet.

It's not like the executive have been that busy with all the park closures and cancelled games.

What's the deal?
cause Willy with the wee willy got rid of fellows like joc mcintyre & alex bell is gone from the league R.I.P

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I guess the godfather himself didn't realize all they have to do is draw names which would probably take all but 5 min and just follow the same format as the last 100 years. Could be done anytime during the beginning of the season.

I wanted to know if we needed to have our first practice in two years or not bother if we drew a shite team like Soccerooooooos in the first round.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Robj, there might be more to it than just drawing names.
In the past, the League has seeded the Top 4 teams of the Premier Div. to see that they would not meet each other until the semi's, so that you don't get Inter vs. Slurrey in the first round. Not sure when the date is for the Top 4 teams to be selected or even if they are doing the seeding system this year.

But with 31 teams entered into the Imperial, the top 4 would be seeded 1, 16, 17, 32. One team would get a bye in the Cup, and the rest of the teams entered into the Cup would just fall into place around those top 4 teams. I think it is a good idea and rewards the teams that have played well in league play. But anyone can beat anyone when it comes to Cup, just ask Liverpool.

hos

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

robj said:
I wanted to know if we needed to have our first practice in two years or not bother if we drew a shite team like Soccerooooooos in the first round.

Please, if there is a god in heaven, let it be Croatia C or Elephant Walk A in the first round,so we don't have to practice at all till the second round.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Last year + no practice = 1st place which means nothing in Cat anyways, but it was nice for a first year team with no practices that beat you 9-0.

Why do you name your A team for first round of cup play against us peter?

You guys practice? Practice what for this is a beer league? lol!

Last year for Classic in this league. WCOTL is where we will be next year.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's where you belong.......good luck.

Pretty tall words for a Div. 2 CAT side.... :rolleyes:

Sonny-boy, most of the teams in our league would drink all your beer, steal your women, AND beat you on the field, too. :p Not to mention that we're all better-looking and modest too. :D

All the best Geezers end up in our League.... ask them!

Beers,

stew :cool:

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I will.

Thanks Stew I email you end of season for details.

robj

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The draws are out on the excellent site......

Westside vs. Cliff Ave.
Burnaby vs. Firefighters
Richmond vs. Serbia
Columbus-Clan vs. Olympics
Temple vs. Metro Ford
City F.C vs. Peg
Club I. vs. Wickham
Surrey vs. AFC
Croatia vs. Indo/Akal
Polonia vs. WFC Rangers
Sapp vs. Sporting
DCR vs. City Blaze
Khalsa vs. IFC Sarajevo
Lobbans vs. Norvan

Good luck to all........

Hard Ballz

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

hard ballz said:
Khalsa vs. IFC Sarajevo
Lobbans vs. Norvan

Tough draw for Khalsa, have to travel to Sarajevo in the first round, and then play the winner of a Norvan Lobbans match. Has Azzi fixed this draw too :D .

hos

Shitt, I shouldn't boast, we allmost lost to Burnaby Canadians CAT 2 years ago, because we started the match with 9 men, we eventually won 3-2, I think they are that Polonia team now, that would have been a good first round draw, HI Appy.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The draw is very "peg friendly", so much so, I think they couldn't ask for a better draw to make the BCs and defend their crown.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs: Peg needs something to shoot for as they will have a year to wait to challenge for the div 1 promotion spot!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peg friendly? Are you kidding? They way they're playing right now I doubt getting drawn in the Pak. cup would be friendly never mind defending any crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0