Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman you are definately right you guys palyed well and deserved all three points today. You guys played with the passion and the desperation of a team badly needing a win and got the result you desired and rightly deserved. All in all from our standpoint that was our worst performance since our amalgamation. I dont think that there was one player on the pitch from our squad who won their personal battle out there today. With our performance it looked as though we should be the team fighting for relegation this year. Ah well on to Ford with a tough Friday night game at Mundy and congrats to Indo on their first and well deserved victory back in the top flight. Just for the record Animal only had one assist and was left to f*ckin dry on several occasions.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2
MF 1

we'll take the three points and move on. thought we played fairly well in the first half but didn't have any clear opportunities to show for it. second half, mf carried the play but we scored against the flow and followed it with a pk. hung on for the win from that point on and gave up a late one, plus a post and a crossbar. the young lad whom i've read about previously was a handful. quick and slippery. ended up on my ass a couple times. unfortunately for him and mf, he missed an absolute gift....wide open net from six yards after walking around wicksy only to hit the post...shoc-king.
on to peg next week which should be the motw.

p.s. one meg today!:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 3
Inter 1

Let's get this outta the way. Terrible PK and the first regular season one I've ever missed for Peg. The important thing is that we won on 3 very nice goals by Adam, Reedy, and Brolly.

Inter scored on a PK rebound.

If Inter expended as much energy in their play as they do having moans at everything, then perhaps they could have taken advantage of our "tired" play.

Mastro went down in the first 5 minutes and it looks like he may have done his knee again... shitty.

Perry between the pipes did well and looks good for the rest of the year as it looks like London may have to sit the season as he is looking good to make the W Van Fire Department (along with Besty I hear).

On to Westside and definitely MOTW.

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs

Lots of goals this week... good thing I guaranteed a shutout for Peg tomorrow :eek:

Cheers,

~Regs.
Peg 2 Inter 1. Close, but no cigar.

Sensei, you sure no how to make a lackluster and really, an emotionless game sound good. :D
we'll take the three points and move on.
There seems to be allot of this going on around the league.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It took a PK "make up call" and then a rebound off the save to break that guarantee... milk it all you want, we'll take the 3 points and move on

:D

~Regs.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
originally posted by Cerebral Smallsey,

ended up on my ass a couple times

Were you wearing the same footwear you had on Friday night?

You made quite a few visits to the floor of the Foggy Dew as well. :D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lacklustre maybe, but emotionless? Unless those were shrieks of joy at picking out the elderly couple sitting behind the goal with your left footed "crosses", I'd swear you were full of emotion.

And all that hootin' n' hollerin' for winning on the final touch seemed to have a bit of joy de vivre to it as well. Rightly so, as it was a very large comeback victory on United's part.

On a side note - as I alluded to in my earlier post, Smiles was in net for Surrey, which I suppose puts and end to HOS's well-thought out "you think they'll bench their long-time starting keeper the week before nationals?" goaltending conspiracy theory. For the time being, anyways.

I also heard through the grapevine (maybe It was Zenga's post, I forget) that the Trolls knocked off Columbus to the tune of 3-buzz. It is apparent early that the off-season coaching change at camp Troller has really paid off - they've got to be near the top of the league in terms of goal difference thus far.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trollers vs Columbus

First half....Trollers dominated and scored three goals.

Second Half... Columbus dominated and scored 0 goals.:confused:

Very Simple

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps emotionless was a poor choice of words, but those shrieks were actually ones of joy, normally those "crosses" hit the houses in behind. I'm gett'n better don't you think? ;)

I'm sure HOS will make up something new to satisfy himself while we're gone.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 3 - Clan Alumni 0

This game was a bit lacklustre compared to Sapperton's win over Inter the prior week where there was more flow to the game by both teams.

Sapperton's win over Clan Alumni seemed hardly in doubt from the opening goal from former Clan Alumni player Trevor Todd who got two on the day. Also figuring in the play both offensively and defensively were former Clan Alumni players Sven Wagner, Chad August and Matt Hale - all who played 90 minutes for Sapperton and made significant contributions to their team's result.

Sapperton now have won their last two following a tie with Pegasus and now seem like they are playing pretty well after a bit of a slow start.

Where's Bronco?

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right Reccos, the result was never in doubt, but you guys are hardly world beaters. You are still a shite mucking team, that just ran into a more shite team right now. Well done!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa 3 -2 BBY

As was reported the fog was truely unbelievable.................the game probably should have been called at half time when it was clear it wasn't going to get any better.

As for the result it was dissappointing to say the least! Though we started off slowly we were up 2-0 and looked to be in total control of the match. Then a phantom call on Woody at the top of the box with a well taken free kick gave Khalsa life and the rest is history.

Yes I did try an attempt at another "superlative" shot, and am surprised HOS could even see it coming, because I never saw him after the 20 minute mark:rolleyes:

Lastly to put it in perspective how bad the fog was, BIG "P" came on for the last 5 minutes and stood beside me waiting for HOS to take a goal kick...............when the ball suddenly bounced beside us, not believing that you seriously couldn't see 20 yards in any direction!

John

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco, just to be clear - Sapperton is not my team. I am only the coach of "B" team in Div. 1 CAT and I watched this match from the stands seated by none other than the VMSL king, Willi Azzi who will no doubt have his own take on the game.

I must admit that as a spectator at the game I was shocked by Clan's performance in all aspects of their play, the lack of fitness in some parts of the park, and the collapsing back strategy that never works at any level. I thought the two guys up front looked dangerous but they never saw much of the ball.

Sapperton played a lot better against Inter, and from what has been said by even Pegasus players, played better in that game that ended in a tie. I hadn't seen Clan play this year at all.

What was interesting in the game is that the new Clan that came in 3 seasons back had made it very clear that they didn't want any of the old Clan Alumni group, four of which played for Sapperton on the weekend including the guy with the second Sapperton goal and an assist on the first by Jeff Rogers. I erred in my earlier post that Trevor got 2.

Is that your side minus Ritchie Sumner, and is there more coming from the Varsity or.... ??

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
minus Sumner, Aaron Keay, Tiarnan King, Neil Yeung, and some Varsity players to come at Christmas. No excuses though. We played horribly. I thought we played very well on Monday against a much much better Surrey side. We are getting into a dangerous tendancy of playing very poorly against poor teams.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You want to come back to Croatia, Bronco? We have 4 mens teams and one womens team choose from....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0