Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good stuff guys sounds about right, although I did have a header cleared off the line then the cross bar, quite amazingly I might add, considering (I thought) it was already in. No one of my better ones you're right though HOS.(first time for every thing) I ran about 48K to touch the ball twice. :rolleyes: BTW, I didn't think the goal was offside at all. Blakes ran from behind me and the ball was well on it's way before he caught up to it.

Maritseo hand-out 7 yellows tonight, about 5 were a given and 2 judgment calls in a well battled game. Although he missed a clear red when the fat lad ran me over at the top of the box.

Summo definitely broke his nose. The bridge of it was pushed in pretty good and was pointing left plus it was pouring out the blood. I'm not a doctor, but I know that's not normal. Blakes has know Summo forever so it wasn't intentional. Where do I send my cleaning bill for the shirt? ;)

Unlucky Bronco, Coopes et al you keep playing that hard and your points will come.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Accurate game summary from all. Summo's nose is broken, however we were going to be without him for the next 2 games anyway with him going on his honeymoon. KNVB was spot on with his call about St Germain deserving a red on his tackle in our box no less!:eek: I think had we slotted the peno, we may have fed off of that, as the 1st half was quite evenly played with both teams getting quality chances.

Second half was a case of us soaking up wave after wave of Surrey pressure. I too thought Blake's was offside on the goal, and so did a few neutral observers on the side that linesman was on. We snuck one back against the run of play, but let in a poor goal in my view with mere seconds left.

Definitely not the result we wanted, but we have a short week to prepare for Sapperton. Really a must win at this point for us. A week after we have Khalsa but should finally be at full strength with AK, Tiarnan, and Quasimodo back from his honeymooon!:mad:

Best of luck to KNVB and all the Surrey riff raff at nationals;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm glad when I typed fat bastard you didn't automatically assume it was yourself I was talking about and the multiple lumpings you were dishing out ;)

Side note: Queens park and the way they have it set up is massive. The only bigger would have been the Todd field up at UBC and how they had it set up for the Semi's last year. It's too bad the bloody baseball diamond cuts in almost to the 18 down the one side. It's not even smooth. I don't think a player from either side could do more than just toe bash it off the shite.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter

It's hard for Zaurrini to accept the fact that Inter is shite right now and it was actually an easy win for Sapp. As for flow in the game, the only team with no flow was Inter. Zaurrini came off the bench with 10 to go to secure the victory for Sapp.

Luke had his way with the Inter back line.

Ted Ullrich's goal was a thing of beauty, not this so-called fukc-up by the defender. TT should had made it 2 buzz on his breakaway.

What was really funny was the Inter fans talking about how Sapp was not only fast, but skilled!:eek:

Note to all teams playing Inter:
The GK pulls the goal posts almost 1 foot into the field of play. Why, I don't know.

But all in all, Inter should had won; a total fluke by Sapp.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look who's back. Back again...

All the Sapperton players go round the out side, round the out side... :D

Sapperton win Whataboutbob post. Shock.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
inter goalie

saw that on the weekend. figure it's so that a even though the ball is in it has not crossed the line yet - thus no goal if the ref or linesman is using the goal line as the barometer.

interesting hissy fit by the sapp coach when he spotted it - you whataboutbob?

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey WAB.

The reason the goal keeper drags his posts in about a foot is so he doesnt get beat on high balls,chips etc.(Is he short)?They would normally go top corner but if its pulled in a foot ,chips would hit the crossbar!

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Update: Clan vs. Surrey United

Rich Sumner...will be having surgery Thursday to repair his nose. Broken bone and cartilage.....out 4-5 weeks.

Blakeway.....kind of a shitty wedding gift don't you think? Most people picked him up something at The Bay but you just had to be different......no wonder you didn't get invited to the show!!

I wish I could tell you what was more offside......Surrey U's first goal or "Rene" Jr.'s grasp of the English language.

If that was a movie I was watching it would have needed fcuking
Sub Titles.....

PS: Sounds as though Clan Alumni just added another Striker today.....hummm are they going to start showing teams what they are capable of??

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Inter

Originally posted by whataboutbob
It's hard for Zaurrini to accept the fact that Inter is shite right now and it was actually an easy win for Sapp. As for flow in the game, the only team with no flow was Inter. Zaurrini came off the bench with 10 to go to secure the victory for Sapp.

Hard to accept?
Maybe you missed my last post....

there was zero flow....
The only service your forwards got was from Kent....and he was playing in Goal.

AND the goal Ted scrored.....yeah, he beat six guys and shot from 40 yards to score....:rolleyes:
WAB, accept the win ...and move on.

Lombardi once said

"When you score (or in this case win) , act like you have done it before."

WAB's only factor was the dent he put in the pizza afterwards.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get the Parks Board to Dig them IN

Originally posted by whataboutbob
Note to all teams playing Inter:
The GK pulls the goal posts almost 1 foot into the field of play. Why, I don't know.

I don't understand the reasoning behind this, and if Jonsey was playing in the pipes I can't see him doing this, unless the young veteran knows something that we don't.

knvb, Queens Park is not that big, it just looked big with the wee wide man playing in the middle of the park for Clan;) .

Have heard that Burnaby has been hurting for bodies, and that some old school boys have been getting the call to come out of retirement.
Could see Henry and Paul in the middle, Dan Sadeco(sp) up front, Darren and Ballbaby in the back, and even Keano in the pipes.
Looking forward to the Wesburn Reunion of Friday Night.

hos

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini

I saw the Sapperton win over Inter and it was a pretty good game despite Sapperton never looking in danger of losing the match at any point in time.

The two semi-neutral Italians I watched the game with saw this the same way.

After you came on there was no flow to the Inter game in the late stages and I assume that is what you meant.

At that point, all your side could do to stop the Sapperton attack was hack them down and delay the game which was not much of a strategy given the clock running down and you behind a goal. What it said to me is that you guys had basically tossed in the towel in the last 10 or 15 minutes.

My point really is that this was a well played game with limited chances for Inter and more for Sapperton including a great goal by Ted Ullrich.

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
big rumors at inter!!!!

This just in!!!-Inter apparantley has a new international signing set to debut in the coming weeks. He is a relative of captain Tony Gaita, who is bringing him back with him from Italy next week. Inter has sincerely missed their captain in the last two weeks, however the insertion of him and his new cousin will surely get them back on track. Word is is that he is about 6 feet and a solid 190 pounds. He is a defensive midfielder and has been playing in cosenza which is in calabria the last two years for their serie c team. I've heard he is about 21 or 22 and is looking to make an immediate impact for the black and blue. Also the returning of Whitecap Steve Kindel next week and Kevin Crouch and Andrew Corazza from SFU in the coming weeks will surely increase their talent pool!

:knvb:

bonaparte

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow - that is an incredible signing for inter. Gaita's cousin alone will make a massive difference for that team - the guy iis just sick. he was over from italy a couple of summer's ago and i saw him play (just ****ing around) and he was a difference ****ing class even then (and a tough **** too)

plus kindel and the SFU boys??? - wow - inter's not exactly the weakest team around already.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posted by Cookie......on another thread.....

One area where we may be a little different though is that we are still waiting on players to rejoin our team. Adding Nial, Skinner, JJ, and possibly Steve Mcauley who has signed could possibly bolster our roster.

Who cares? Big Fukcing deal....?

seeyaonsaturday,
Sandman:D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can understand maybe adding one Whitecap player to your mix but to add any more is just a recipe for disaster, IMHO! With the Fireman, if and when those 4 guys show up what is going to happen to the 4 guys playing right now? And yes, I know all about the competition in training makes you better and all that crap..........................but you have to think that you will be losing some players. And once they leave you will be left short at the most important time of the year.

So, unless your goal this year is to win the league, I don't see all those signings as a good thing for any team.

John

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cookies opinions are his own Sandman and I'll be sure to tell him
who cares? Big fukcing deal too.

Cookie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
John what are you guys going to do when your players get healthy and return to the lineup? I am guessing that you may be in a similar boat as us then. Whats going to happen to the players who stepped and filled their roles? All the players on our team were well aware that there was a possibility of having some Whitecap players returning to our lineup. I think with a long season where we will lose players to suspension and injuries as well as losing Pete for 6 weeks when he goes away having some more depth is going to make us a much better sqaud. Sandman i have heard that Indo has been struggling for numbers this year so would you honestly tell the players that we have joining us that you wouldnt want them on your sqaud? I doubt any team in the league would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0