Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey kurgan & that other guy

What is your guys excuse for todays "Shocker" ,at least we were missing about 6 starters.....but we still managed a draw ,I mean come on Persia United My God!I dont feel so bad knowing you guys shite the bed AGAIN hahahaha!:D

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In regards to the PGR -Persia upset, I'm not saying anything until NK plays Persia United...

Poor performance by the NK Train. When I heard the score was 0-0 I probably felt as bad as Tsquare felt after his game (well, maybe not that bad ;) )

Manager played the entire game and couldn't score....what's up with that?

And Bombastic beating the Germans?

Looks like our match next week against City FC will be huge. I'm sure even Kurgan and the boys will be pulling for an NK win next week. :D

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next Week

Blaze Rep,

Kinsman Stadium is a very nice grass field in a stadium setting. I have personally never played there before, but have watched many games at the venue. Apparently they have just redone the field so after this week's probable rain, let's hope they keep it open.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bird drops GAA with laugher over maplewood

Well as teelay mentioned a total laugher. Hardest play of the game for me was the long throw that I had to pull out of the air just outside the six.

Onto the tilt of the season vs. blaze.

Blaze rep. only thing to be aware of on kinsmen in the experimental turf "boxes" They are turf inserts that are as wide as the goal from the goal line halfway to the eighteen, it is an interesting feeling going from natural grass to turf to say the least.

One thing that does standout to me is the firefighter with 3 goals against on the season. But then again aside from us (a game where they were lucky to escape with only one goal against) they haven't played any contenders. They will fall by the wayside as will "B".

This sunday is thunderdome at kinsmen stadium two teams go in one comes out!! BE THERE!!

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hobos shut down the rail service!

A good clean battle between a seriously depleted NK roster and a game Nomads squad. McDirty was great again and bang on with the officiating assesment. With ten minutes left in the game, Erion was about to score a carbon copy goal of the one against Westside last week. He had just lifted the ball over the defenders head and was about to retrieve it on the other side when he got his whole lower body swept out from underneath of him. The most obvious penalty one can imagine. Of course the ref offers no logical explanation for his absurd behavior other than, I am God, Me have whistle. The Watcher does however find comic relief in the point grey result. Persia should pass them in the standings next week. .......Everybody pick up your pom-poms and start cheering on the NK Train this week as they attempt to prove that once again the standings mean nothing come game time while handing City FC a locomotive slap on their way by them to the top........ PS. The bombastic result also made the Watcher smile.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
point grey vs. persian

we were lucky to only lose 3-2 as persian took it to us for the full 90 minutes. the refereeing was top notch as he let the kids play and never got involved in the outcome of the game at all - a truly veteran referee obviously who knows how to let a game flow properly.

on to nomads where point grey hopes to at least garner a tie. this one point should sling-shot us on to promotion. can't wait.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 0 Richmond 0

The Keeper re-capped this game pretty accurately....
Richmond definitely played well against us. Unfortunately we did not play to the best of our ability as our usual passing game was confined to such a small space... Richmond worked hard and would be rewarded more respect if they would take the tackle and quit the whining and shirt pulling! The RFC keeper was pretty soft and stopped the play on a few occasions as he required sideline assistance. There were chances at both ends but the best probably to RFC as they missed two sitters in front of our goal! Some speed up front caused some problems at times for our left back (damn, that was me), but, we were able to hold them scoreless.

Rangers will need to re-group and come out in top form next week to tackle the Ravens at home! We are looking forward to this one!

The Keeper played great against RFC and came up with some point blank saves - well done!

Strike17

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Rangers 0 Richmond 0

Originally posted by The Ranger
Some speed up front caused some problems at times for our left back (damn, that was me), but, we were able to hold them scoreless.

Ranger (oh Lonely Ranger):

Problems for you at that position ?... and even after learning from the best after these last few seasons ! Where did I go wrong?

Anyways before I start 'slingin it' on my inaugural visit to this site, I'll keep it brief. Tough start for the PG Strikers A (2A) to this season. A lot of new faces to the team (maybe too many...but we were getting tired of the old ones...right Ranger?) but regardless it should be a good season once we work out the wrinkles.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Rangers 0 Richmond 0

Originally posted by Strike17
Ranger (oh Lonely Ranger):

but regardless it should be a good season once we work out the wrinkles.

Dude, not even 10 sessions of Botox could help out your sorry ass!

Strike17

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Re: Rangers 0 Richmond 0

Originally posted by The Ranger
Dude, not even 10 sessions of Botox could help out your sorry ass!

Yep predictable as always....Ranger went for the cheap easy tackle !

(Knew I left ourselves open for that shot Ranger)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Sunday much as Blaze Rep stated. We put in the reserves and took foot off the pedal and score was not really relative to the play on the pitch. Looking forward to next Sunday's big game versus Primo's. Should be a good game, nice to hear that we are not going to be playing on a cow pasture like our home field :rolleyes:. I agree with Big Bird that B united and Firefighters will fall to the wayside as the season progresses and the winner of the group will be either Us or the Primo's.

We discovered last year that the games that really kill you are the games you tie against the teams you should beat. The losses or ties to the top teams don't hurt but drawing aginst the lower teams really hurts.

As for another topic which I'm sure will get people going is why the hell do they have 3 div2 goups. Take 10 of those teams and start a div3 with some Cat teams or some new teams that want to join the league. The difference between some of the teams in this division is huge and it would be better for all if they could make the teams in the groups more competetive with each other. XHell if you're going to do this you may as well get 14 teams in each division and group them like the Premier league and go down from there. Who cares if you need to go 5 diviosions deep to fit all the teams in? Amyway i think iw would be better for the teams that are near bottom and near the top of Div 2 as it would let everyone have more even competetion.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sore and out of breath

orriginally posted by yomama
Manager played the entire game and couldn't score....what's up with that?

there are certain things in life that the laws of physics and gravity will stifle if attempted....like; a 30 year old, 210lb manager playing a full 90 minutes at left mid, trying to man-mark an incredibly fast 55 year old who kept burning him bown the wing...no wonder I didn't score....hey, wait a minute, I just took the piss out of myself....man!!!

I totally forgot...I promised that I would take the piss out of that measly little misfiring, doubble-left-footed, 5 foot 2', Albanian poster boy for grammer, who couldn't score if every net was empty, Erion...;)

graciously taking the piss out of me, and my pet monkey:D ,

manager

by the way....Nomads 0 + NK 0 = one very :mad: manager!

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy,

The topic of the divisional setup has been discussed extensively on the site. Most or all are in agreence of more divisions or atleast a better divisional setup. Unfortunately, the gushtopo (sp?) does not agree. Apparently, there used to be 6 or 7 maybe even 8 divisions in the past.

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why?????

Why do you all keep thinking that the Firemen will just go away??

I am impressed to see that Snuffluffagus' buddy can appreciate good goaltending and sound defence!!!!

This is a predictions thread so I am going to predict the obvious!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Either Blaze or Pimos will drop at least
2 POINTS

How does that make you feel knowing that Firemen play Strikers and B United play Power Rangers:D :D :D :D :D

2a

Blaze v Primos -3 goals each(byebye Big Birds GAA)
Firemen v Strikers -no comment
B United v Power Rangers -Rangers win it in the air.
Maplewood v Royals -Royals by couple
Cobras v United Nationals -time for cobras to score a few

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sure why it's not posted but the strikers b vs. signmaster game ended 3-1 for sign. 3 of the goals in the game came from penalty shots. the ref had handed them the game by 15 mins. into the game. the only real goal, however did come from them and it was a nice header off a corner and in. what a gorgeous field david lam is. next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0