Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist

True Strathcona sucks but like I said before and you mentioned, they have improved and we got to give them credit for they are a fit team and they can run with most teams......well they're four points up on us and I hope we beat the c-men like last year....gl to everyone else playing tomorrow

T

toph

hey therapist. strathcona does suck but there were 2 teams playing on that field. we owned you and you know it. good game but one-sided for sure. can't wait to play again. next time make our keeper break a sweat. don't forget we've only played one other game on that field. we didn't seem to have any problems making passes...

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger,

We have been playing like shite lately. And we weren't satisfied with the result against you guys as well. It seems our offense has dried up. And in no way am I blaming our forwards. We just aren't playing as a cohesive unit out there..........too many individuals. Although today that shite field really did make the difference. I could go on about recent injuries that have hurt us, but today that fcuking Strathcona is SATAN! It totally messes your game up. Passes that come to you, you just never know if it's going to take some whack-ass bounce off a needle, or condom. or one of the many potholes, and then you find yourself waiting for the ball and it fcuks everything up. Grrrrrr... most wasted points..AGAIN! :mad:

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
toph,

Get a fcuking life. All you little pricks did was kick and hope for lucky bounces. You have improved and if there was a div 3 then well maybe you would be playing for promo.

You owned us????? Stop smoking that shite! You didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. And it was a TIE...........you owned us? Give me a break.

Yeah, you owned us.........:rolleyes:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist

don't get mad.......they said they owned us when they beat us too........let them enjoy themselves.......toph is probably the fcuker that kicked me a few times and said he didn't .......even though his cleat mark is on my glove......oh well

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
B United

The key to B United's game is pressure on the ball. They were very good at pressuring the ball carrier with 2 or 3 guys immediately covering him. To break this all we had to do is to make a few quick passes, but for some reason we were not doing this in the 1st half. Their outside defence is sketchy, but we just didn't finish. That's why we are all Div 2 clubs right now. :eek:

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
boys boys. calm down. the only point we're trying to make is that you should all stop blaming the field or your lack of players, etc. we're just here to have some fun and play some soccer.. it's all in good fun, boys. you know what? yeah, we celebrated like we had won the world cup when we beat champlian...
hey, you would too if you'd gone a whole season without a win.
put yourselves in our shoes. therapist. chill. again, all in good fun. you sounded like you'd just gotten picked last for dodgeball. it's not that bad. a lot of hatred coming out of you. i thought it was a good game. but obviously the divots are what lost you the game...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BLaze 7- Cobras 0

Cobras are not a good team. They have yet to score in any of their games and that streak may not end anytime soon. They had one chance to score in whole game. It was a free kick from about 25 yards away but it hit the crossbar. other than that they had no chance at scoring. To make matters worse for them their goalie got hurt and it looked somewhat seriousthey carried him off the field.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's just frustrating because we aren't playing to our full potential and Strathcona is just another excuse, plus I was ticked that toph said that you guys owned us. It was an even game I thought.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From Saturday

Div 2C:

WFC Rangers A 4 - 1 Elephant Walk

The first 20-30 minutes were tentative at best for both teams; being tied for 2nd, I think we both sensed what was at stake, and didn't take any chances. Nevertheless, at about the 35-minute mark, one of our midfielders broke free from a off-side trap and chipped the keeper. 1-0.

The second half favoured Westside (obviously), during which we slotted another two to give us a confident 3-0 lead 15 minutes from time. But, as the game progressed, attitudes became chippy and our right mid took a very silly and stupid penalty by shoving his man out of frustration inside the box.

As mentioned elsewhere, this flat-head managed to stop the PK but could hold on, as the rebound fell lovingly to the kicker's feet. 3-1.

But here's the really funny part. Instead of -- as a rational and mature player would do -- realizing his team was still two goals down and grabbing the ball from the net as quickly as possible to restart the game, numb-nuts raises his finger in victory, runs to the corner (at the Westside sideline) and double-pumps his fists. None of his teammates joined him. :D

I guess his mates didn't see his glory in their 3-1 loss.

Errr, 4-1 loss. We scored again. :D

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper - that was a good re-cap of our game...

The 'fist pumper', number 3 I recall... what a loser! I thought he was going to 'ride his stick' past our bench!

I just took in the 2a game between PGS A and PG Rangers... all I can say is.. good thing there was beer there! Ha ha..
Just kidding fellas... Game was tied 2-2 with PGS having the majority of chances.. Strathcona... I'm not looking forward to the day we play there!

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 2 vs Westside Knights 1

well, I guess I'll be the first to mention our victory...I'm sure bandcamp and all of the other mcdirty fans out there will soon be graced by his new found freedom to irritate...uh, I mean post, in light of our big victory against the knights.

there could have been more goals by both teams, and if there were, I believe we would have still walked away with the victory. a coupple of breakaways, a post, and some key saves by their keeper kept it reasonable. Westside did work hard and put some pressure on late in the game...but much to bandcamp's dissatisfaction, mcdirty came up huge. Erion with both tally's...one off the keepers blunder to put us up 1-0 early. alltogether, good distribution and sufficient manmarking made the game for us...yes, I even saw watcher come back once.

manager got to play for the last 30 mins, and all I kept hearing out there was GOALSIDE...GOALSIDE OF THE BALL...courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood watcher;) no two goals as promised, one meg though:D

keeper,

did you manage to make it to the park? what about mickster?

fill us in...

makinggermanssourwithourvictory;)

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-Men-Champlain 2-2

pretty even game 1st half with the c-men scoring first on a nice goal by their forward.......he outran everyone and put it right into my bottom right corner.........nice shot..............we tied it up when our forward outran their whole backline and then tapped it by the goalie and finished it...........their second goal was a few fcuk up's by us...........first their free kick hits one of our guys and then my sweeper tried to play it back to me........player intercepts I am caught like a fool and it's in the net..........2-1 half time........mid way into the second we tied it up............the whole second half was in their end.........no shot came to me the whole half......good job boys on the d.............with 10-15 mins left they got a red and I thought we had a few chances to score one more but it wasn't to be........fair result on the day and finally our first point :)

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the choo choo train has left the station. Not so sure they're on the right track though. They seemed to be a way better team last year. But alas we still can't beat them. Third time in a row.

Bitter sweet as I potted our only goal :D . But unbelievable loss considering we maintain at least 70-80% of the play in their end.

McDirty, thanks for enlightening us as to why you don't take your own goal kicks. That was a shocker at the end (your only attempt I believe...). :rolleyes:

Manager, I recognized you on the sideline in the first half (enjoyed meeting you last year at Clinton Park watching a Polska game) but too bummed after the game to come over.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, seeing as Toph is indulging in flights of fancy and wishful thinking I think I will to. Did you know that:

1) I built the space shuttle Columbia in my backyard
2) Sand tastes good on scrambled eggs
3) Black socks with sandals is always a great fashion statement
4) Rita McNeil looks fantastic naked
5) Spending ten years in a texas prison is good fun
6) Housing is very inexpensive in Vancouver

All of which are more realistic than Toph's claim of having owned us. To quote a certain Dr. Evil, "riiiiiiiiiiggghht".

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
why don't you add one more...

7) quoting doctor evil is cool.

hahaha. i think he was just caught up in the piss-taking moment.
it was a pretty even game.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2b

pg rangers - 3
bombastic - 1

oops, sorry - ref called two of them back so the final score was actually 1-1. bombastic scoring on the last play of the game. fcuking BRUTAL. beautiful pitch, nice fellas to play against but it was the wrong restult - will be filling out the ref evaluation report on this one. he was terrible. for the record, the ref is never an excuse as we had plenty more chances to put this result out of doubt. oh well, seems to be the way it's going these days.

as for the nk train - GREAT RESULT! i can put up with that mcdirty idiot all day knowing that the knights dropped points. if there was ever a team to be chasing for promotion you'd have to say nk hrvatska would be at the top of your list :) promotion? who am i kidding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0