Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Season Results and Witty Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top 5 things overheard.......

The top 5 things overheard at the Young Guns fundraiser:

5. No, not that year, no not that year either, but...but, we did win it once!

4. No, I'm not Erik Estrada, but he's my third cousin! And yes, we do have the same hair.

3. Come on bouncer, please bouncer, come on....that was a push! (What if the bouncer's name was Herb?)

2. Why yes, I do have big hands. And my lowered El Camino is outside running!

1. "Excuse me Mr. DJ, do you have anything faster.....we are the YOUNG GUNS you know!! But you've got to play it, I'm the one from TTP!"

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cart

Hey, not bad. I tell ya, them fighting words in these parts.

Let's see what I can come up with for your team.

"Top 5 Things Said by the Carts at the YG Fundraiser"

1. Cart guys: Hey! The Gunners' chicks are real babes!

2. Cart gals: Hey! The Gunners' chicks are real babes!

3. Will someone please go over and speak to Au Razor?

4. Well, if this team loses and that team loses, then we might get a shot at 8th place.

5. (and you need to be a movie buff to understand this one) Hey, it wasn't us! It was them! It was the Young Guns! The Young Guns killed Sirus, not us.

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking classic!:D :D :D

Youuuunnnggg Guns.......come out and plaeeayyy. Yooouuunngg Guns.....come out and plaeeeaaay!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait... there's more!

"Top 6 Things Said by Carts at Closing Time of the YG Inc. Fundraiser"

1. Cart guy: "What are the chances I get to take you home tonight?"
Gunners gal: "One in a million."
Cart guy: "Yes! So I have a chance!"

2. I THEM HATE THOZE YUNG GUNNES. I THEM HATE THOZE YUNG GUNNES.

3. Look, I don't understand what the hell Au Razor is saying either, but someone's got to talk to him tonight.

4. Au Razor, pull my finger! Man, do we know how to have a good time!

5. Cart gal to Cart gal: But you got to wear the strap on last time!!

6. Look DJ, it's almost closing time and you STILL haven't played the Macarena.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Beernuts Victory...

(I didn't post last game cuz we lost and I don't remember who we played or what the score was....... bad game, that's all)

Beernuts vs Tragically Ripped 2-0 for the good guys! (even with Ray in net!!! :p)

And well played by all the women-beernuts & opposing team! ;)

But the best part of the day was sitting in the sun, drinking beer, singing KOUMBAYA (Dial 911-that's what co-ed's all about), watching soccer and drinking more beer. :D

.........and I had to listen to the guys hoot & holler over the Gunner's women............ :rolleyes:

:cool: Spazz

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn that's funny!

Well Mr. El Camino (that is some funny trash cartdriver)

Sorry I had to poke fun at ya it was sitting right there for the taking.

Camino lay off the ball busting on our ladies. As I recall you had one good female player/looking girl on your team(#5 how's it going?) and the others well I'm sorry but hit with a Herb forearm to the chops! Damn! Our gals got game and you know it. I have to give HBBDE and us the CARTS the vote for best female players. How you like them CAPITAL letters?

Its ok though if you're not all about female admiration on the pitch. No really that's ok....we can change your name to the pink guns for next year. Ouch I'm mean at 4am!

Carts are a first year team and if it doesn't happen this year you'll see us cause problem in the years to come.

Nothing Broken over here just drunk on the cart.

If all babies are cute, why are there so many ugly people in the world? -- Charles Barkley

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good stuff......

Good stuff 911. I like banter that makes me think....I'll hopefully see one posting soon from you that does!

I would love to give you another '5' list, but I'm kind of busy right now. Can't remember her name, but she plays in the midfield for YG!

Oh yeah.....placing for playoffs.....1st, 8th....who really cares besides YG??? Still having fun and getting our BDGC MOJO!

CD

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 - 2

Cheatside 2 - 2 Mtn Shadow

It was a bit of a chippy affair at times but a good game nonetheless. A cracker second goal by the Shadow to go ahead 2 - 1 but with 10 minutes left we pulled even on a great set-up by Jimmy Holiday to Dark Angel who hammered it home. Looking forward to the quarters and whoever we have to play. Oh and by the way, Herb was on fire last night, he carded Teesh for an illegal sub, I think he had it in for Teesh from Sat.

Cheers, Mackers.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings

I've done my best to personally update the standings.

Here's what I've got:

1st: Tryhards 32pts (35 points if they win their final match)
2nd: YG Inc. 31pts (all games played)
3rd: Cheatside 27 pts (all games played)
4th: Dragons 26 pts (all games played)
5th Mountain S 24 pts (all games played)

6th Beer Nuts 21 pts (+7 all games played)
7th Gunners 20 pts (+2 all games played)
8th Poco 19 pts (-4 all games played)
9th Carts 16 pts (+7 2 games to play vs Mavericks and Arsenal--could finish with 16,19, 20, or 22 pts)
10th Union Jackers 16 pts (-4 one game to play vs QLT)

It looks like these three teams are in:
6th Carts 22 pts
7th Beer nuts 21 pts
8th Gunners 20 pts

How are tie-breakers resolved anyhow? +/- or head-to-head?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers...

Is there a field at the Merrit Mnt. Music Fest that you'll be playing on?

BTW, it looks like the HBBDE won't be fielding any teams this coming Sunday. This (not yet decided) decision may give Mnt. Shadow a free ride to the semis:rolleyes:

You know, it really sucks when teams get by on a 'bye' and not their talent :eek:

+SCinthemadhouse:mad:

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scouting report???

911....very impressive with your compiling of the stats and the possible combos! You put the pressure on us though by predicting two wins in our final two to finish 6th!! Are you going to help us with a scouting report on Mavericks or Arse-nal??? Our 10 or 11 players not in Merritt may appreciate it....I'm sure they'll apreciate my re-scheduling so our final 2 are back2back as well!

CDmissing3chicksand3guysatMMMFasoftomorrowsoabitworried:(

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
try missing

4 chicks and 9 guys:rolleyes:

Shania Twain, she put the cnut in Country

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cart

If they go by +/-, then you need one win and you're in (unless you lose 12-0) . Head to head would depend on how you did versus Poco and/or Union Jackers. Gunners and Beernuts are already in.

We'll see if Mavericks can field a team. Arsenal is a decent team, so that should be a good game.

By the way, if you win one and tie one, we'll be meeting each other in the 1st round. That'd be a beauty match.

Sexual...bad news. All because of the Music Festival or are you anticipating 9 guys in the final of the Nations' Cup?

You know what they say about excuses around here, but I'd say yours is legit!

What's the scouting report for the other teams? Unless Greece and Italy make it to the final (maybe Italy, but Greece?) our player losses should be minimal.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the scouting report for the other teams? Unless Greece and Italy make it to the final (maybe Italy, but Greece?) our player losses should be minimal.
That's better asked/researched in the Nations Cup forum :rolleyes:

~Regs.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
????

SC,

I'm not sure why I got the "thumbs down" ?? As for Merritt, I will be playing THE field not playing ON A field(just kidding LEFTY !!!!!!). I will be trying to get back for our quarter-final game on Sunday depending on what time we get ?? I really wish the fellow who runs this league would chose a different day to play. Too many teams are affected by Nations. I assume it is a nightmare to schedule quarters and semis during the week but something needs to be done..... :(

Cheers, Mackers McGraw

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers...

That's the spirit! The 'thumbs down' was to the conflicts, not you slim;)

I think any excuse the Dragoons make are legit:rolleyes:

+SC
a.k.a. 'lefty' or is it 'too legit to quit' :confused:

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the Slim[/B] comment, you've noticed hey, i've been working out hard ;)

You Dragoons have been making excuses alright, like trying to dodge our game, don't be scared, we don't bite......HARD !!!! Anyways, who cares about trying to get the game in before the playoffs, THE game really never has any bearing on the league anyways...true ??

Cheers, Slim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0